Katja N Spreckelmeyer
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Neural processing of vocal emotion and identityKatja N Spreckelmeyer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, School of Medicine, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Brain Cogn 69:121-6. 2009..Identity match effects, by contrast, did not start until around 300 ms. These results show an early task-specific emotion-based influence on the early stages of auditory sensory processing...
- Anticipation of monetary and social reward differently activates mesolimbic brain structures in men and womenKatja N Spreckelmeyer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 4:158-65. 2009..Our findings represent an important step towards a better understanding of motivated behaviour by taking into account individual differences in reward valuation...
- Opiate-induced dopamine release is modulated by severity of alcohol dependence: an [(18)F]fallypride positron emission tomography studyKatja N Spreckelmeyer
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, Rheinisch Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen University, and Jülich Aachen Research Alliance Translational Brain Medicine, Aachen, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 70:770-6. 2011....
- Neurocognitive impairments in non-deprived smokers--results from a population-based multi-center study on smoking-related behaviorMichael Wagner
Department of Psychiatry, University of Bonn, Germany
Addict Biol 18:752-61. 2013..The independence of these deficits from consumption intensity may argue for an a priori deficit of some cognitive abilities in smokers. These specific deficits may constitute intermediate phenotypes for genetic research on nicotine use...
- Oxytocin influences processing of socially relevant cues in the ventral tegmental area of the human brainSarah E Groppe
Department of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 74:172-9. 2013..Animal data point toward the ventral tegmental area (VTA) as the brain site where this modulation takes place...
- The German multi-centre study on smoking-related behavior-description of a population-based case-control studyAnnette Lindenberg
Department of Psychiatry, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
Addict Biol 16:638-53. 2011..Study design and major population characteristics with emphasis on risk prediction of smoking status were presented in this paper...
- Dissociation of neural networks for anticipation and consumption of monetary and social rewardsLena Rademacher
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, and JARA Translational Brain Medicine, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Neuroimage 49:3276-85. 2010..The findings implicate that the neural mechanisms underlying reward consumption are more modality-specific than those for reward anticipation, and that they are mediated by subjective reward value...
- P50 sensory gating and smoking in the general populationJürgen Brinkmeyer
Department of Psychiatry, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Bergische Landstrasse 2, Dusseldorf, Germany
Addict Biol 16:485-98. 2011..The suitability and application of sensory P50 gating as functional biomarker with regard to genetic and pharmacological studies is discussed...
- Emotional and analytic music perception in cochlear implant users after optimizing the speech processorKen Rosslau
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 132:64-71. 2012..Raising the power of lower frequencies of speech processors in CIs for a music program further improved this ability and enhanced subjectively perceived pleasure during listening to music...