Affiliation: University of Greifswald
- Dissociative experiences and psychopathology in conversion disordersC Spitzer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
J Psychosom Res 46:291-4. 1999..There were no differences in the SCL-90-R scores between the two groups. Our findings support the theory of similar psychological processes underlying conversion and dissociative disorders despite their descriptive differences...
- [Dissociative disorders]H J Freyberger
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Universität Greifswald am Hanse Klinikum Stralsund, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 76:893-9; quiz 900. 2005..Depending on the treatment goals, both psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioral methods can be applied, supplemented by specific techniques from trauma therapy, e.g. EMDR...
- Association between cortisol awakening response and memory function in major depressionK Hinkelmann
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Medical Center, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Psychol Med 43:2255-63. 2013..We examined whether the cortisol awakening response (CAR) is increased in depressed patients with and without medication compared with healthy controls (HC) and whether CAR is associated with memory function in each group...
- Effects of cortisol on memory in women with borderline personality disorder: role of co-morbid post-traumatic stress disorder and major depressionK Wingenfeld
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Charite University Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Psychol Med 43:495-505. 2013..These effects are reported to be altered in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) but they have not yet been investigated in borderline personality disorder (BPD)...
- Association between depression and subclinical carotid atherosclerosis in patients with Type 1 diabetesC Spitzer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald Stralsund, Gerrmany
Diabet Med 25:349-54. 2008..Given the high prevalence of depression in patients with Type 1 diabetes and the diabetes-related risk factors for atherosclerosis, we hypothesized that this relation might also be of special relevance in Type 1 diabetic patients...
- [Temperament and character in persons with borderline personality disorder]S Barnow
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität Greifswald im Klinikum Stralsund
Nervenarzt 76:839-40, 842-4, 846-8. 2005..Moreover, our results show that low self-directedness seems to be specific for persons with BPD. Therefore, therapy must address those deficits by focusing on skills training as well as on aspects of maturation...
- [The "AMDP scale for dissociation and conversion (AMDP-DK)": development of an observer-rated scale and first psychometric properties]C Spitzer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität Greifswald im Klinikum der Hansestadt Stralsund
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 72:404-10. 2004..The findings are discussed with regard to the psychometric properties and the relevance for the theories of dissociation and conversion...
- [Categorical versus dimensional classification of personality disorders: are dimensional models the future?]S Barnow
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Psychiatrie, Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie der Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität Greifswald, Germany
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:706-13. 2006..Our results show that the Seven-Factor model discriminates well between PDs and healthy controls, as well as between PDs and Axis-I disorders. We discuss our findings and present a modified scheme to diagnose PDs...
- [Gender differences in dissociative disorders]C Spitzer
Universitat Greifswald, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:46-52. 2008..e. they can be found in jail or forensic institutions...
- [Recurrent depressive disorder in Caspar David Friedrich. A pathographical approach with operationalized diagnosis]C Spitzer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Psychiatrie und Psychotherapie der Ernst Moritz Arndt Universität Greifswald am HANSE Klinikum Stralsund
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 74:392-9. 2006..The course of his depression corresponds to phases of reduced creativity, to the chosen techniques and motives. Finally we discuss the implications of our approach for the pathographical method in general...
- [Neuropsychological dysfunction after cerebellar stroke]C Willert
Praxis für Neurologie und Psychiatrie, Stralsund
Nervenarzt 76:988-91. 2005..In this case report, we discuss the clinical presentation of so-called cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome...