Affiliation: University of Munich
- [Update on preemptive analgesia : options and limits of preoperative pain therapy]R Sittl
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstr 20, 80336, Munchen, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 62:789-96. 2013..g. epidural) to reduce nociceptive input to the spinal cord as well as opioids, N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) antagonists, antidepressants and anticonvulsants, all of which have an inhibitory influence on the central nervous system...
- Sea-anemone toxin ATX-II elicits A-fiber-dependent pain and enhances resurgent and persistent sodium currents in large sensory neuronsAlexandra B Klinger
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Universitätsstraße 17, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Mol Pain 8:69. 2012..Here, we investigated if ATX-II induces resurgent currents in sensory neurons of the dorsal root ganglion (DRGs) and how this may translate into human sensations...
- The Kv7 potassium channel activator flupirtine affects clinical excitability parameters of myelinated axons in isolated rat sural nerveRuth Sittl
Institute of Physiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Peripher Nerv Syst 15:63-72. 2010..This indicates that neuropathies with abnormal nerve excitability parameters corresponding to those affected by flupirtine may benefit from activation of axonal Kv7 potassium channels...
- Enhancement of axonal potassium conductance reduces nerve hyperexcitability in an in vitro model of oxaliplatin-induced acute neuropathyRuth Sittl
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstr 12, Munich, Germany
Neurotoxicology 31:694-700. 2010..The data indicate that activation of slow potassium channels in the A-fibres of peripheral nerve may attenuate the acute neuropathy associated with oxaliplatin in humans...
- Anticancer drug oxaliplatin induces acute cooling-aggravated neuropathy via sodium channel subtype Na(V)1.6-resurgent and persistent currentRuth Sittl
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, 80336 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:6704-9. 2012..6 plays a central role in mediating acute cooling-exacerbated symptoms following oxaliplatin, and that enhanced resurgent and persistent sodium currents may provide a general mechanistic basis for cold-aggravated symptoms of neuropathy...
- Activation of axonal Kv7 channels in human peripheral nerve by flupirtine but not placebo - therapeutic potential for peripheral neuropathies: results of a randomised controlled trialJohannes Fleckenstein
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Transl Med 11:34. 2013..Kv7 channels are expressed along myelinated and unmyelinated peripheral axons where their activation is expected to reduce axonal excitability and potentially contribute to flupirtine's clinical profile...
- Sustained increase in the excitability of myelinated peripheral axons to depolarizing current is mediated by Nav1.6Ruth Sittl
Institute of Physiology, University of Munich, Pettenkoferstr 12, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Neurosci Lett 492:129-33. 2011..These data reveal the specific functional role of an identified subtype of voltage-gated sodium channel (Nav1.6) in mediating the depolarizing threshold electrotonus response of peripheral myelinated nerve fibers...
- GABA increases electrical excitability in a subset of human unmyelinated peripheral axonsRichard W Carr
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e8780. 2010..However, the effect of GABA on human peripheral unmyelinated axons has not been established...