Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Changes in stress perception and coping during adolescence: the role of situational and personal factorsInge Seiffge-Krenke
Department of Psychology, University of Mainz, Germany
Child Dev 80:259-79. 2009..Withdrawal was associated with high levels of perceived stress, independent of situation. Developmental changes in individual adolescents' stress perception and coping were in most cases situation specific...
- "Come on, say something, dad!": communication and coping in fathers of diabetic adolescentsInge Seiffge-Krenke
Department of Psychology, University of Mainz, Germany
J Pediatr Psychol 27:439-50. 2002..To investigate fathers' coping and communication behavior in families with a healthy or a diabetic adolescent...
- The body in adolescent diaries. The case of Karen HorneyInge Seiffge-Krenke
Developmental Section, Department of Psychology, University of Mainz
Psychoanal Study Child 57:400-10. 2002....
- [Chronically ill and psychologically impaired? Results of a new literature analysis]Inge Seiffge-Krenke
Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Abteilung Entwicklungs une Pädagogische Psychologie
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 55:73-90. 2006..Noteworthy, too, is that some studies reported quite low psychopathology and even higher life quality in chronically ill children and adolescents. In some cases this can be considered as a sign of defense mechanisms...
- Does successful attainment of developmental tasks lead to happiness and success in later developmental tasks? A test of Havighurst's (1948) thesesInge Seiffge-Krenke
Department of Developmental and Educational Psychology, University of Mainz, Staudinger Weg 9, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
J Adolesc 31:33-52. 2008..Although remarkable concurrent links between the two indices of happiness and developmental status were found, developmental outcomes were not predictive for later happiness...
- Parent-child relationship trajectories during adolescence: longitudinal associations with romantic outcomes in emerging adulthoodInge Seiffge-Krenke
Department of Psychology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Wall Str 3, D 55099 Mainz, Germany
J Adolesc 33:159-71. 2010..Distant father-child relationships during adolescence were linked with the child's later anxious love...
- Who shapes whom in the family: reciprocal links between autonomy support in the family and parents' and adolescents' coping behaviorsInge Seiffge-Krenke
Department of Psychology, University of Mainz, Wallstraße 3, 55122 Mainz, Germany
J Youth Adolesc 40:983-95. 2011..The findings underscore the significance of autonomy-enhancing parent-child interactions for the development of adolescent coping...
- [Depression in children and adolescents: prevalence, diagnosis, etiology, gender differences and therapeutic approaches]Inge Seiffge-Krenke
Psychologischen Institut der Universität Mainz
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 56:185-205. 2007..Different therapeutic approaches were presented with psychonanalytic treatment being the most comprehensive...
- Leaving home or still in the nest? Parent-child relationships and psychological health as predictors of different leaving home patternsInge Seiffge-Krenke
Department of Psychology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Dev Psychol 42:864-76. 2006..Participants residing with their parents were, according to their parents' perceptions, less psychologically healthy...
- Effects of (un)employment on young couples' health and life satisfactionMarja Lena Haid
Department of Developmental Psychology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Psychol Health 28:284-301. 2013..The study highlights the relevance of the accomplishment of tasks in the domains of work and partnership during young adulthood and it emphasises the gender specific importance...
- Models of developmental regulation in emerging adulthood and links to symptomatologyChristian Skaletz
Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
New Dir Child Adolesc Dev 2010:71-82. 2010..Finally, our findings indicate that focusing, selecting, and sequencing of developmental goals during emerging adulthood is adaptive for a healthy transition...
- Coping with everyday stress and links to medical and psychosocial adaptation in diabetic adolescentsInge Seiffge-Krenke
University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Adolesc Health 33:180-8. 2003..To study coping with everyday stressors in a longitudinal sample of 98 adolescents with insulin-dependent mellitus (type 1) diabetes...
- Identity development in German emerging adults: not an easy taskInge Seiffge-Krenke
Psychology, University of Mainz, Germany
New Dir Child Adolesc Dev 2012:35-59. 2012..Cross-cultural studies have suggested distinctive identity concerns in youth from majority and minority groups...
- Competence in coping with stress in adolescents from three regions of the worldMalte Persike
Johannes Gutenberg University, Wallstr 3, 55122, Mainz, Germany
J Youth Adolesc 41:863-79. 2012....
- [Mobbing, bullying and other forms of aggression among pupils as a source of stress in school. How far the "victims" are involved?]Inge Seiffge-Krenke
Psychologisches Institut der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Abt Entwicklungs und Pädagogische Psychologie, Mainz
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 57:60-74. 2008..Based on this case study, it became obvious that it necessary to precisely analyse the own contribution for eliciting and maintaining aggression...
- [Stress in school: prevalence, causes and possible interventions]Inge Seiffge-Krenke
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 57:1-2. 2008
- [Stress in German schools: frequencies, causes and international comparison]Inge Seiffge-Krenke
Psychologisches Institut der Universität, Abt Entwicklungs und Pädagogische Psychologie, Mainz
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 57:3-19. 2008..German pupils exhibited a mean level in academic stress. However, clinically disturbed adolescents (N=77) reported the highest levels in academic stress, compared to non-conspicuous adolescents...