Günter H Seidler
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Is peritraumatic dissociation a risk factor for PTSD?Doris C Breh
Psychomatic University Hospital Heidelberg, Department of Psychotraumatology, Heidelberg, Germany
J Trauma Dissociation 8:53-69. 2007..Nonetheless, the conceptualization of peritraumatic dissociation in the framework of psychotraumatic stress syndromes--is it a predictor, a symptom, or something else entirely?--needs to be addressed by future research...
- [Psychotraumatology: Recent therapy approaches]Günter H Seidler
Abteilung Psychosomatik der Psychosomatischen Universitätsklinik Heidelberg, Thibautstrasse 2, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Z Psychosom Med Psychother 48:6-27. 2002..Normally, further therapeutic interventions are also necessary, drawing on traditional methods for integrating the trauma into the patient's biography...
- Comparing the efficacy of EMDR and trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy in the treatment of PTSD: a meta-analytic studyGuenter H Seidler
Department of Psychotraumatology, Psychosomatic Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Psychol Med 36:1515-22. 2006..There has, however, been debate regarding the advantages of one approach over the other. This study sought to determine whether there was any evidence that one treatment was superior to the other...
- The stressor criterion in PTSD: notes on the genealogy of a problematic constructGünter H Seidler
Psychotraumatology Department, Psychosomatics Division, Hospital for Psychosomatic and General Clinical Medicine, Germany
Am J Psychother 60:261-70. 2006..The diathesis-stress model and the kindling model are discussed as providing possible explanations for this...
- Shame and guilt: self-reflexive affects from the perspective of relationship and reciprocityGünter H Seidler
University of Heidelberg, Psychotraumatology Section, Hospital for Psychosomatic and General Clinical Medicine, Center for Psychosocial Medicine, Thibautstrasse 2, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Psychother 61:37-49. 2007..First, it precipitates a disruption between subject and object. Second, it is used to restore oneness by regression...