Matthias F Seidel
Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Nerve growth factor: an update on the science and therapyM F Seidel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, University Hospital, Section of Rheumatology, Sigmund Freud Strase 25, D 53127 Bonn, Germany Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 21:1223-8. 2013..We set out to review the principles of neurogenic inflammation and results of anti-NGF regimens in animal studies as well as clinical trials with patients with back pain and osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Control of arthritis pain with anti-nerve-growth factor: risk and benefitMatthias F Seidel
Section of Rheumatology, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, University Hospital, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53127, Bonn, Germany
Curr Rheumatol Rep 14:583-8. 2012..Inhibition of the NGF-stimulated nociceptive pathway seems to be effective; however, the adverse effects require further investigation...
- Macrophage-like synoviocytes display phenotypic polymorphisms in a serum-free tissue-culture mediumMatthias F Seidel
Department of Rheumatology, Medizinische Poliklinik der Universitat Bonn, Wilhelmstrabe 35 37, Bonn, D 53111, Germany
Rheumatol Int 26:244-51. 2006..03+/-6.88% CD68 and HLA-DR respectively. CD14 was rare, and lymphocytes were missing. Both cultures expressed interleukin-6 and interleukin-8. This novel serum-free method permits the culture of distinct CD68/HLA-DR associated phenotypes...
- Differential diagnoses of suspected Lyme borreliosis or post-Lyme-disease syndromeM F Seidel
Medical University Policlinic, Rheumatology Unit Wilhelmstr, Bonn, Germany
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:611-7. 2007..In conclusion, Borrelia-associated diseases were rare in this study. Differential diagnoses helped to initiate a successful disease-specific therapeutic strategy...
- 5-HT3 receptor antagonists regulate autonomic cardiac dysfunction in primary fibromyalgia syndromeMatthias F Seidel
Department of Rheumatology, Medizinische Universitäts Poliklink, Wilhelmstrasse 35 37, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Rheumatol Int 27:1025-30. 2007..Ten of 12 pathological parameters disappeared during treatment in the tropisetron group. Our results indicate that tropisetron reduced not only pain perception but also had a favourable effect on cardiac dysfunction during treatment...
- Serotonin mediates PGE2 overexpression through 5-HT2A and 5-HT3 receptor subtypes in serum-free tissue culture of macrophage-like synovial cellsMatthias F Seidel
Rheumatology, Medizinische Universitäts Poliklink, Bonn, Germany
Rheumatol Int 28:1017-22. 2008..The serotonin-induced PGE(2) overexpression appeared thus to be mediated by 5-HT(2A) and 5-HT(3) receptors. This activation might involve COX-2. The findings may explain the potent benefit of 5-HT(3) antagonists...
- Nerve growth factor in rheumatic diseasesMatthias F Seidel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklink I, Rheumatology, Bonn, Germany
Semin Arthritis Rheum 40:109-26. 2010..There is considerable evidence that NGF acts as an important mediator of many immune responses. This article reviews the role of NGF in rheumatic diseases and strategies for potential therapeutic interventions...
- Differential pharmacotherapy for subgroups of fibromyalgia patients with specific consideration of 5-HT3 receptor antagonistsMatthias F Seidel
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Rheumatology Unit, Wilhelmstrasse, Bonn, Germany
Expert Opin Pharmacother 12:1381-91. 2011..It is a multifactorial syndrome with four different subgroups exhibiting pathophysiological and psychiatric findings. No precise treatment strategy is currently available for the different FMS subgroups...