Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Novel ways to sensitise gastrointestinal cancer to apoptosisH Schulze-Bergkamen
First Medical Department, University of Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Gut 58:1010-24. 2009..In this review, the current knowledge on defects in apoptosis signalling in GI cancer is summarised and the focus is on the potential clinical efficacy of apoptosis targeting agents...
- Bcl-x(L) and Myeloid cell leukaemia-1 contribute to apoptosis resistance of colorectal cancer cellsHenning Schulze-Bergkamen
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 14:3829-40. 2008..To explore the role of Bcl-x(L) and Myeloid cell leukaemia (Mcl)-1 for the apoptosis resistance of colorectal carcinoma (CRC) cells towards current treatment modalities...
- Suppression of Mcl-1 via RNA interference sensitizes human hepatocellular carcinoma cells towards apoptosis inductionHenning Schulze-Bergkamen
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
BMC Cancer 6:232. 2006..In this study, we manipulated expression of the Mcl-1 protein in HCC cells by RNA interference and analyzed its impact on apoptosis sensitivity of HCC cells in vitro...
- Mcl-1 is an anti-apoptotic factor for human hepatocellular carcinomaBinje Fleischer
I Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Int J Oncol 28:25-32. 2006..Our data suggest that Mcl-1 is an important factor for the apoptosis resistance of human HCC, and constitutes an interesting target for HCC therapy...
- TRAIL-induced apoptosis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells is augmented by targeted therapiesBruno Christian Koehler
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, 55101 Mainz, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 15:5924-35. 2009....
- Knockout of myeloid cell leukemia-1 induces liver damage and increases apoptosis susceptibility of murine hepatocytesBinje Vick
1st Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
Hepatology 49:627-36. 2009..Conclusion: The present study provides in vivo evidence that Mcl-1 is a crucial antiapoptotic factor for the liver, contributing to hepatocellular homeostasis and protecting hepatocytes from apoptosis induction...
- IFN-alpha-induced apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma involves promyelocytic leukemia protein and TRAIL independently of p53Kerstin Herzer
Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Cancer Res 69:855-62. 2009....
- Genetics of hepatocellular carcinomaAndreas Teufel
Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Building 301, Langenbeckstr 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 13:2271-82. 2007..Furthermore, we describe the influence of chromosomal aberrations as well as of DNA methylation. Finally, we report on the rapidly developing field of genomic expression profiling in HCC, mainly by microarray analysis...
- Down-regulation of CYLD as a trigger for NF-κB activation and a mechanism of apoptotic resistance in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsToni Urbanik
First Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Int J Oncol 38:121-31. 2011..Our data identify the reconstitution of CYLD expression as an attractive approach for overcoming resistance to treatment in HCC...
- Safety and efficacy of sorafenib in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma in consideration of concomitant stage of liver cirrhosisMarcus Alexander Wörns
I Department of Internal Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany
J Clin Gastroenterol 43:489-95. 2009..We report our experiences with sorafenib in advanced HCC, particularly in patients with LCI Child-Pugh B/C, where only limited data are available in regard to safety and efficacy of sorafenib...
- The role of apoptosis versus oncotic necrosis in liver injury: facts or faith?Henning Schulze-Bergkamen
Department of Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Mainz 55101, Germany
J Hepatol 44:984-93. 2006