Michael G Schrauder
Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Circulating micro-RNAs as potential blood-based markers for early stage breast cancer detectionMichael G Schrauder
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Erlangen, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e29770. 2012..We investigated whether microarray-based miRNA profiling on whole blood could discriminate between early stage breast cancer patients and healthy controls...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism D1853N of the ATM gene may alter the risk for breast cancerM Schrauder
University Breast Center for Franconia, Erlangen University Hospital, Universitaetsstrasse 21 23, 91054, Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:873-82. 2008..Recent studies have produced contradictory results regarding the association between ATM genetic variants and breast cancer risk...
- Diabetes and prognosis in a breast cancer cohortMichael G Schrauder
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 137:975-83. 2011..The aim of this retrospective cohort study was to examine the effect of diabetes on the clinical course and the prognosis of early stage breast cancer in relation to tumour and patient characteristics...
- Hormone replacement therapy and prognosis in ovarian cancer patientsAlexander Hein
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Erlangen University Hospital, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Cancer Prev 22:52-8. 2013..Sex hormone exposure through HRT may influence the behavior of ovarian cancers after the onset of the disease. This study supports the hypothesis that ovarian cancer is a hormonally influenced tumor...
- Financing of certified centers: a willingness-to-pay analysisFalk C Thiel
Department of Gynecology, Erlangen University Hospital, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 287:495-509. 2013..A hypothetical maximum willingness to pay can be calculated using a willingness-to-pay analysis, making it possible to identify deficiencies in the arbitrary setting of health budgets at the macro-level...
- Assessment of mammographic density before and after first full-term pregnancyChristian R Loehberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Breast Center Franconia, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Cancer Prev 19:405-12. 2010..It may be hypothesized that breast cancer risk reduction associated with pregnancy is mediated through a direct reduction of MD, and MD assessment might be incorporated in individualizing risk assessment and prevention...
- Prognostic molecular markers and neoadjuvant therapy response in anthracycline-treated breast cancer patientsDavid L Wachter
Institute of Pathology, Erlangen University Hospital, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 287:337-44. 2013..This study analyzed the value of immunohistochemical biomarkers for predicting pathological complete response (pCR) and prognosis in a group of BC patients receiving standardized treatment...
- The era of centers: the influence of establishing specialized centers on patients' choice of hospitalMichael Patrick Lux
University Breast Center of Franconia UBF, Department of Gynecology, Erlangen University Hospital, Universitätstrasse 21 23, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 283:559-68. 2011..It is considered that establishing accredited specialized centers can serve as a marketing tool. This study investigated whether accredited specialized centers influence patients' choice of hospital...
- Shared decision-making in breast cancer: discrepancy between the treatment efficacy required by patients and by physiciansFalk C Thiel
University Breast Center for Franconia, Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Universitätsstrasse 21 23, Erlangen Nuremberg 91054, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 135:811-20. 2012..Individual factors were also identified in both groups that significantly influence thresholds for accepting adjuvant treatment, independently of risk estimates and therapy guidelines...
- Akt and p53 are potential mediators of reduced mammary tumor growth by cloroquine and the mTOR inhibitor RAD001Christian R Loehberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Erlangen, Universitaetsstr 21 23, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Biochem Pharmacol 83:480-8. 2012....