Affiliation: University of Essen
- [Stinging nettle root extract (Bazoton-uno) in long term treatment of benign prostatic syndrome (BPS). Results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled multicenter study after 12 months]T Schneider
Klinik und Poliklinik für Urologie der Universitätsklinik Essen
Urologe A 43:302-6. 2004..A strong increase of Q(max) or reduction of residual urine are not to be expected...
- Do early injections of bulking agents following radical prostatectomy improve early continence?T Schneider
Department of Urology, Urologische Klinik der Universität Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
World J Urol 23:338-42. 2005..In case of a severe lesion of the sphincteric muscle, continence cannot be improved for a longer period and the results are poor. In these cases, procedures like implantation of an artificial urinary sphincter may be required...
- [Sachse internal urethrotomy. Is erectile dysfuction a possible complication?]T Schneider
Urologische Klinik, Universitat, Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen
Urologe A 40:38-41. 2001..are known to cause this complication. To inform the patient concerning this kind of complication is recommended before urethrotomy...
- [The medication-induced dysfunction of the urinary bladder]T Schneider
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitatsklinik, Essen
Urologe A 42:1588-93. 2003..If incontinence occurs in patients, treatment should be stopped if possible and additional pharmacological therapy should not be started before medication-induced bladder dysfunction is excluded...
- Treatment of penile curvature--how to combine the advantages of simple plication and the Nesbit-procedure by superficial excision of the tunica albugineaT Schneider
Department of Urology, University of Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
World J Urol 20:350-5. 2003....
- [Easy and effective assessment of the anastomosis after radical retropubic prostatectomy. Uroscopy before imaging?]M Schenck
Uro Radio Onkologie, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Kinderurologie und Urologische Onkologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen
Urologe A 49:364-8. 2010..After radical prostatectomy, the macroscopic color of the urine is evaluated as a single criterion for determining the time for assessing for possible persisting leakage of the anastomosis. Microscopic urine evaluation is less effective...
- The Zeiss-loop stone extraction: minimal invasive and effective or obsolete?Christof Börgermann
Department of Urology and Urooncology, University of Essen Medical School, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
World J Urol 28:187-92. 2010..Nevertheless, stone extraction using the Zeiss-loop is still being performed in our clinic and therefore we wanted to determine its position in stone treatment in the age of URS and ESWL...
- Does penile size in younger men cause problems in condom use? a prospective measurement of penile dimensions in 111 young and 32 older menT Schneider
Department of Urology, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
Urology 57:314-8. 2001....
- [Urothelial carcinoma. Role of G-protein coupled receptors in cell movement and proliferation]G Lümmen
Urologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122 Essen
Urologe A 41:353-61. 2002..PTX is a substance which potently inhibits tumor cell motility and progression. Intravesical treatment was well tolerated and therefore, the influence of PTX on local tumor should be evaluated in a Phase II study...
- ACceptance of therapy in vardenafil-treated patients with Erectile dysfunction (ACTIVE): A noninterventional study in GermanyH Sperling
Urologische Klinik, Kliniken Maria Hilf GmbH, Mönchengladbach, Germany
Int J Impot Res 22:61-7. 2010..High levels of patient satisfaction with vardenafil regarding effectiveness of treatment, time to onset and duration of action were sustained throughout the study...
- [The value of urinary cytology in the diagnosis of high grade urothelial tumors]C Niedworok
Klinik für Urologie, Universitatsklinikum, Hufelandstrasse 55, 45122, Essen, Germany
Urologe A 48:1018, 1020-2, 1024. 2009..The kappa values achieved demonstrate a clear agreement of cytological diagnoses...
- [Fever of unknown origin in the 21st century: infectious diseases]T Schneider
Medizinische Klinik 1 Gastroenterologie, Infektiologie und Rheumatologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2708-12. 2005..Therefore and because of economic reasons patients with FUO should be investigated in specialized centres with a department for rheumatology and infectious diseases...
- [Fever of unknown origin in the 21st century. 2. Non-infectious diseases (autoimmune diseases)]T Schneider
Medizinische Klinik 1 (Gastroenterologie, Infektiologie und Rheumatologie, , Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:2774-8. 2005
- On multiscale approaches to three-dimensional modelling of morphogenesisR Chaturvedi
Department of Mathematics, Department of Physics and Center for the Study of Biocomplexity, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556-5670, USA
J R Soc Interface 2:237-53. 2005..To illustrate model development, we simulate a simplified version of the formation of the skeletal pattern in a growing embryonic vertebrate limb...
- [Polypharmacy, compliance and non-prescription medication in patients with cardiovascular disease in Germany]D Rottlaender
Medizinische Klinik III der Universität zu Köln
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:139-44. 2007..The objective of this study was to analyse polypharmacy, compliance and utilisation patterns for non-prescription medications (OTC) in patients with cardiovascular diseases...
- [Neurotuberculosis: a continuing clinical challenge]B M Mackert
Klinik fur Neurologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Nervenarzt 79:153-66. 2008..Resistant new strains of the pathogen, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, complicate therapy. Recent discoveries especially in diagnosis and therapy are explained using case evidence...
- [Noroviruses: most frequent cause of infectious gastroenteritis]T Schneider
, Medizinische Klinik I (Gastroenterologie, Infektiologie und Rheumatologie, Berlin
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:2261-6. 2007
- Correlation of T cell response and bacterial clearance in human volunteers challenged with Helicobacter pylori revealed by randomised controlled vaccination with Ty21a-based Salmonella vaccinesT Aebischer
Department of Molecular Biology, Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Berlin, Germany
Gut 57:1065-72. 2008..Helicobacter pylori remains a global health hazard, and vaccination would be ideal for its control. Natural infection appears not to induce protective immunity. Thus, the feasibility of a vaccine for humans is doubtful...
- Removal of well-fixed or porous-coated cementless stems in total hip revision arthroplastyJ Schmidt
Klinik für Orthopädie und Sporttraumatologie, Dreifaltigkeits Krankenhaus, Koln, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 122:48-50. 2002..This surgical technique leads to a predictable procedure, reduces the risk for the patient, the operation time and costs. We are continuing with this technique under supervision by the local Ethics Commission...
- Decreased levels of interleukin-12p40 in the serum of patients with Whipple's diseaseA Kalt
Department of Dermatology, The University of the Saarland, 66421, Homburg Saar, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:114-20. 2006..It is unclear whether this defect of cellular immunity is translated to the humoral immune system and to serum correlates...
- The value of ultrasound after shoulder arthroplastyB Westhoff
Department of Orthopedics, Heinrich Heine University Hospital Duesseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Skeletal Radiol 31:695-701. 2002..This study was undertaken to evaluate whether sonography is a useful tool in the diagnosis of soft tissue disorders as a possible cause for discomfort and/or pain after shoulder arthroplasty...
- [Illness and immune manifestations in Whipple disease. Differential rheumatic diseases diagnosis]T Schneider
Medizinische Klinik I (Gastroenterologie, Infektiologie und Rheumatologie,
Internist (Berl) 44:184-90. 2003
- Inhibition of tumor growth by DT-A expressed under the control of IGF2 P3 and P4 promoter sequencesB Ayesh
Department of Biological Chemistry, Institute of Life Sciences, Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Mol Ther 7:535-41. 2003..0002) or tumors treated by luciferase gene expressing LucP3 vector (P < 0.002)...
- Rabbit's revengeA Jansen
Benjamin Franklin Clinics, Medical Clinic I, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Lancet Infect Dis 3:348. 2003
- Nociceptive changes in rats after prenatal exposure to valproic acidT Schneider
Institute of Applied Psychology, Jagiellonian University, , Poland
Pol J Pharmacol 53:531-4. 2001..Interestingly, naloxone (1 mg/kg) had no impact on nociception in offsprings of VPA-treated rats...
- Preliminary results of active specific immunization with modified tumor cell vaccine in glioblastoma multiformeT Schneider
Department of Neurosurgery, Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurooncol 53:39-46. 2001..As there were no side effects, however, active specific immunization may be considered an alternative in the management of glioblastoma...
- [HIV positive patient with pancytopenia and massive splenomegaly]H J Epple
Medizinische Klinik I, , FU Berlin
Internist (Berl) 44:1031-6. 2003....
- A qualitative analysis of women's satisfaction with primary care from a panel of focus groups in the National Centers of Excellence in Women's HealthR T Anderson
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
J Womens Health Gend Based Med 10:637-47. 2001..Following the focus groups, a woman-focused healthcare satisfaction instrument was developed for the purpose of assessing and improving healthcare delivery. We describe the qualitative results of the focus group study...
- [Intestinal tuberculosis: a clinical and diagnostic challenge]T Schneider
, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Medizinische Klinik (Gastroenterologie, Infektiologie und Rheumatologie
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1747-52. 2004
- Designing an acupuncture study to meet evidence-based medical criteria: methodological considerations for logistic design and development of treatment interventions arising from the German randomized controlled acupuncture trial on chronic shoulder pain (Albrecht F Molsberger
Forschungsgruppe Akupunktur, Kasernenstr 1b, D 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
Eur J Med Res 9:405-11. 2004..The latter represents a prerequisite for reproducibility, constituting a critical component of rigorous efficacy trials in scientific acupuncture research...
- Functional coupling between 'R-type' Ca2+ channels and insulin secretion in the insulinoma cell line INS-1R Vajna
Institute of Neurophysiology, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:1066-75. 2001....