Affiliation: University of Greifswald
- Regulation of glucose-6-phosphatase gene expression by protein kinase Balpha and the forkhead transcription factor FKHR. Evidence for insulin response unit-dependent and -independent effects of insulin on promoter activityD Schmoll
Department of Biochemistry, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:36324-33. 2000....
- Differential expression of the subunits of the glucose-6-phosphatase system in the clear cell type of human renal cell carcinoma - no evidence for an overexpression of protein kinase BD Schmoll
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Greifswald, D 17487, Greifswald, Germany
Cancer Lett 167:85-90. 2001....
- Phorbol ester-induced activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular-signal-regulated kinase kinase and extracellular-signal-regulated protein kinase decreases glucose-6-phosphatase gene expressionD Schmoll
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Greifswald, Klinikum, Sauerbruchstrasse, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Biochem J 357:867-73. 2001..The data show that PMA decreases G6Pase gene expression by the activation of MEK and extracellular-signal regulated protein kinase. With that, PMA mimics the effect of insulin on G6Pase gene expression by a different signalling pathway...
- Basal level glucose-6-phosphatase gene transcription requires binding sites for Sp family proteins within the gene promoterC Wasner
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Greifswald, Sauerbruchstrasse, D-17487, Greifswald, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1521:126-9. 2001..The mutation of SpA and SpB together, but not alone, decreased G6Pase promoter activity. Electromobility shift assays showed that SpA and SpB were able to bind the transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3...
- Identification of a cAMP response element within the glucose- 6-phosphatase hydrolytic subunit gene promoter which is involved in the transcriptional regulation by cAMP and glucocorticoids in H4IIE hepatoma cellsD Schmoll
Department of Biochemistry, University of Greifswald, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
Biochem J 338:457-63. 1999....
- Expression of thyroid hormone receptor isoform alpha1 in pancreatic isletsA Zinke
Clinic of Nuclear Medicine, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 111:198-202. 2003..The predominant localization of TRalpha1 in pancreatic alpha-cells suggests that this receptor isoform mediates a specific, yet unknown, function of thyroid hormones in this cell type...
- Cloning and sequencing of the 5' region of the human glucose-6-phosphatase gene: transcriptional regulation by cAMP, insulin and glucocorticoids in H4IIE hepatoma cellsD Schmoll
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, UK
FEBS Lett 383:63-6. 1996..Dexamethasone increased and insulin decreased luciferase activity. Insulin and dibutyryl cyclic AMP both significantly decreased activity in the presence of dexamethasone...