M L Schmitz
Affiliation: University of Giessen
- Hagenbucher J, Stekman H, Rodriguez Gil A, Kracht M, Schmitz M. Testing the Effects of SIAH Ubiquitin E3 Ligases on Lysine Acetyl Transferases. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1510:297-312 pubmed..The impact of SIAH expression on the relative amounts of target proteins and their mRNAs can be quantified by Western blotting and quantitative PCR (qPCR) as described here. ..
- Schmitz M, Krappmann D. Controlling NF-kappaB activation in T cells by costimulatory receptors. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:834-42 pubmed..Recent studies indicate that coreceptor pathways influence the threshold activities of many signalling mediators and thus act on multiple layers of the NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Saul V, Niedenthal R, Pich A, Weber F, Schmitz M. SUMO modification of TBK1 at the adaptor-binding C-terminal coiled-coil domain contributes to its antiviral activity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1853:136-43 pubmed publisher..SUMO modification at K694 contributes to the antiviral function of TBK1 and accordingly the viral protein Gam1 antagonizes this posttranslational modification. ..
- Dam S, Kracht M, Pleschka S, Schmitz M. The Influenza A Virus Genotype Determines the Antiviral Function of NF-?B. J Virol. 2016;90:7980-90 pubmed publisher..Second, we found that perturbation of NF-?B function greatly improved the growth of a nonadapted IAV, suggesting that NF-?B may contribute to the maintenance of the host species barrier. ..
- Rodriguez Gil A, Ritter O, Saul V, Wilhelm J, Yang C, Grosschedl R, et al. The CCR4-NOT complex contributes to repression of Major Histocompatibility Complex class II transcription. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3547 pubmed publisher..These results expand the known repertoire of CCR4-NOT members for immune regulation and identify CNOT proteins as a novel group of corepressors restricting class II expression. ..