Wilhelm H Schmitt
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Organ transplantation in the vasculitidesWilhelm H Schmitt
Vth Medical Clinic Nephrology, Endocrinology, University Clinic Mannheim, Faculty of Clinical Medicine of the University of Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Opin Rheumatol 15:22-8. 2003..This review summarizes the current knowledge on indications and contraindications for renal transplantation in AASV and discusses the impact of posttransplant immunosuppression on the course of the patients...
- Clinical applications of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody testingWilhelm H Schmitt
Vth Medical Clinic Nephrology, Endocrinolgy, Rheumatolgy, University Clinic Mannheim, Faculty of Clinical Medicine of the University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Curr Opin Rheumatol 16:9-17. 2004..This review summarizes the most recent developments in the field, identifies areas of uncertainty, and gives practical guidelines...
- Treatment of refractory Wegener's granulomatosis with antithymocyte globulin (ATG): an open study in 15 patientsWilhelm H Schmitt
Fifth Department of Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Kidney Int 65:1440-8. 2004..Anecdotal data suggest that antithymocyte globulin (ATG) may be a treatment option for these patients. We now describe 15 patients treated with ATG for refractory Wegener's granulomatosis...
- Newer insights into the aetiology and pathogenesis of myeloperoxidase associated autoimmunityWilhelm H Schmitt
Vth Medical Clinic, University Hospital Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
Jpn J Infect Dis 57:S7-8. 2004..Finally, data derived from closely related autoantibodies against proteinase 3 (PR3) suggest anti-idiotypic antibodies induced by antisense transcripts as potential pathological agents...
- Prolonged treatment of refractory Wegener's granulomatosis with 15-deoxyspergualin: an open study in seven patientsWilhelm H Schmitt
Fifth Medical Clinic, University Hospital Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:1083-92. 2005..A 6 month course of the immunosuppressant 15-deoxyspergualin (DSG) has previously been employed successfully in these refractory cases. However, there are no reports on long-term treatment with DSG...
- Persistent T-cell activation and clinical correlations in patients with ANCA-associated systemic vasculitisSmaragdi Marinaki
Fifth Department of Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor-Kutzer-Ufer 1-3, D-68135 Mannheim, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1825-32. 2006..These phenotypes are persistent and do not reflect disease activity. PTA predominantly occurs in patients with severe disease. This might explain the higher cumulative cyclophosphamide dose found in these patients...
- Retinoid X receptor beta polymorphisms do not explain functional differences in vitamins D and A response in Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody associated vasculitis patientsAnna Isabelle Kälsch
Fifth Department of Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty of Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Autoimmunity 42:467-74. 2009..Since the inhibition of TNFalpha was more effective in patients, vitamin D supplementation might be an additional therapeutical approach...
- Use of highly sensitive C-reactive protein for followup of Wegener's granulomatosisAnna Isabelle Kälsch
Fifth Medical Department, University Medical Centre Mannheim, Medical Faculty of Mannheim of the University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, D 68187 Mannheim, Germany
J Rheumatol 37:2319-25. 2010..We evaluated whether during remission elevated highly sensitive CRP (hsCRP) precedes relapse as a marker of subclinical inflammation and thus might improve clinical assessment...
- Proton pump inhibitors interfere with the immunosuppressive potency of mycophenolate mofetilMatthias Schaier
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:2061-7. 2010..Since PPIs are widely used, it is useful to clarify whether the total drug amount of MMF is available in patients undergoing PPI treatment...
- Serial ANCA determinations for monitoring disease activity in patients with ANCA-associated vasculitis: systematic reviewRainer Birck
Fifth Department of Medicine, University Hospital Mannheim, Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 47:15-23. 2006..To assess the diagnostic value of serial ANCA testing in the follow-up of patients with AASV, we conducted a systematic review of the available literature...