H J Schmitt
Affiliation: University of Kiel
- Immunogenicity and reactogenicity of a Haemophilus influenzae type b tetanus conjugate vaccine when administered separately or mixed with concomitant diphtheria-tetanus-toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine for primary and for booster immunizationsH J Schmitt
Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 157:208-14. 1998..Mixing of the vaccines did not result in increased reactogenicity...
- Evidence for induction of polysaccharide specific B-cell-memory in the 1st year of life: plain Haemophilus influenzae type b-PRP (Hib) boosters children primed with a tetanus-conjugate Hib-DTPa-HBV combined vaccineF Zepp
Children s Hospital, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 156:18-24. 1997..Tetanus-PRP conjugate vaccine can be used in combination with DTPa-HBV vaccine, when administered separately or as a single injection in the same syringe, in primary immunisation schedules at 3, 4 and 5 months of age...
- Haemophilus influenzae type b disease: impact and effectiveness of diphtheria-tetanus toxoids-acellular pertussis (-inactivated poliovirus)/H. influenzae type b combination vaccinesH J Schmitt
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Service, Department of Pediatrics at the Center for Preventive Pediatrics, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Pediatr Infect Dis J 20:767-74. 2001..These combination vaccines elicit lower anti-Hib antibody concentrations than the equivalent Hib conjugate administered as a separate injection, but the clinical relevance of this phenomenon is unknown...
- Cellular immune response of a varicella vaccine following simultaneous DTaP and VZV vaccinationP Habermehl
Pediatric Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 17:669-74. 1999....
- The safety, reactogenicity and immunogenicity of a 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (7VPnC) concurrently administered with a combination DTaP-IPV-Hib vaccineH J Schmitt
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstr 1, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 21:3653-62. 2003....
- Factors influencing vaccine uptake in GermanyH J Schmitt
Zentrum Präventive Pädiatrie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101, Mainz, Germany
Vaccine 20:S2-4; discussion S1. 2001..This situation is mainly due to inadequate remuneration of vaccination services, structural deficits in the health care system and a lack of motivation. Political support and leadership would most likely be able to change this situation...
- Comparison of the BD Directigen Flu A+B Kit and the Abbott TestPack RSV with a multiplex RT-PCR ELISA for rapid detection of influenza viruses and respiratory syncytial virusB Gröndahl
Johannes Gutenberg University, Department of Paediatrics, Mainz, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:848-50. 2005..3% and 10.0%, respectively) for the detection of influenza A and B viruses. The sensitivity of the Abbott TestPack RSV assay (77.4%) was acceptable and in agreement with the multiplex RT-PCR ELISA...
- PID-ARI.net - a pediatric infectious diseases network on acute respiratory infections and the added value of a multilevel research networkJ A I Weigl
Pädiatrische Infektiologie, Klinik fur Allgemeine Padiatrie, Christian Albrecht Universität Kiel
Klin Padiatr 220:281-6. 2008..Its objectives were to strengthen the national initiative on infectious diseases epidemiology and to focus on a health care problem of high relevance...
- The descriptive epidemiology of severe lower respiratory tract infections in children in Kiel, GermanyJ A I Weigl
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of General Pediatrics, University of Kiel, Germany
Klin Padiatr 217:259-67. 2005..Longitudinal, descriptive epidemiological data on different forms of LRI are urgently needed to differentiate this burden, compare population-based incidence rates between countries and to recognize trends...
- Population-based incidence of severe pneumonia in children in Kiel, GermanyJ A Weigl
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of General Pediatrics, Christian Albrechts University
Klin Padiatr 217:211-9. 2005..Elaborated data on the descriptive epidemiology of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) are a prerequisite to estimate the impact of new vaccines...
- RSV-prevention in children guided by a web-based early warning systemJ A I Weigl
Pädiatrische Infektiologie, Klinik fur Allgemeine Padiatrie, CAU Kiel
Klin Padiatr 217:47-52. 2005..So far 5 monthly injections from November to March are recommended. The RSV season onset and its duration, however, shows considerable variation. In many countries on the northern hemisphere a dual rhythm is described...
- An outbreak of rubella aboard a ship of the German NavyC Ziebold
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University, Hospital Kiel, Germany
Infection 31:136-42. 2003..CONCLUSION: The transmission of rubella that we describe aboard a ship was facilitated by the unusually close proximity of the crew and their insufficient immunity. Documentation of immunization was inadequate in this population...
- The incidence of influenza-associated hospitalizations in children in GermanyJ A I Weigl
Department of General Paediatrics, University of Kiel, University of Mainz, Germany
Epidemiol Infect 129:525-33. 2002..Targeting children with underlying conditions, especially cardiac conditions and asthma in the German immunization programme is appropriate, as long as no policy for vaccination of the general paediatric population exists...
- Burden of disease in hospitalized RSV-positive children in GermanyJ A Weigl
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of General Pediatrics, University Children s Hospital Kiel, Germany
Klin Padiatr 214:334-42. 2002..In spite of a large amount of data from other countries, those on the burden of disease attributed to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) in Germany are lacking and are urgently needed...
- Seasonality of respiratory syncytial virus-positive hospitalizations in children in Kiel, Germany, over a 7-year periodJ A I Weigl
University Children s Hospital, Kiel, Germany
Infection 30:186-92. 2002..Elaborate, long-term data on the rhythm, seasonality and severity of the yearly respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) epidemics in Germany are lacking...
- Detection of delayed vaccinations: a new approach to visualize vaccine uptakeB Laubereau
Department of Paediatric and Adolescent Epidemiology, Institute for Social Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, , Germany
Epidemiol Infect 128:185-92. 2002..0 and 24.3 months. These estimates were only possible with the KM method which proved useful to monitor vaccination programmes and will allow the comparison of vaccination uptake in different populations...
- Severe complications of varicella in previously healthy children in Germany: a 1-year surveyC Ziebold
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, , Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Pediatrics 108:E79. 2001..varicella-zoster virus, chickenpox/epidemiology, chickenpox/complications, encephalitis, cellulitis, osteomyelitis, necrotizing fasciitis, group A beta-hemolytic streptococci, Europe...
- Varicella vaccination in Europe: are we ready for a universal childhood programme?Nitu Sengupta
Centre for Child Health, Royal London Hospital, 38 New Road, Whitechapel, London, E1 2AX, UK
Eur J Pediatr 167:47-55. 2008..The SIEVE recommends the implementation of such a policy as soon as financially and practically possible...
- Vaccination greatly reduces disease, disability, death and inequity worldwideF E Andre
Bull World Health Organ 86:140-6. 2008..Vaccination leads to increased life expectancy. Long healthy lives are now recognized as a prerequisite for wealth, and wealth promotes health. Vaccines are thus efficient tools to reduce disparities in wealth and inequities in health...