A H Schmitt-Graeff
Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Myelodysplastic syndromes. Epidemiology, molecular and morphological characteristics and risk stratification]A H Schmitt-Graeff
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Breisacherstr 115a, 79106, Freiburg, Deutschland
Pathologe 34:45-55. 2013..Mutations affecting growth factor receptors, cell cycle and apoptosis regulators, intracellular signaling, transcription factors, epigenetic regulation and the splicosome are involved in MDS pathogenesis and progression...
- Human metapneumovirus induces more severe disease and stronger innate immune response in BALB/c mice as compared with respiratory syncytial virusBarbara Huck
Department of Virology, Freiburg University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Respir Res 8:6. 2007..In this study, HMPV and RSV were compared for replication, pathogenesis and immune induction in BALB/c mice infected with equivalent inocula of either virus...
- [Chronic myeloid neoplasms. Diagnostic criteria and current therapeutic concepts]A H Schmitt-Graeff
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Breisacherstrasse 115a, Freiburg
Pathologe 31:29-41. 2010..JAK2 inhibitor drugs are currently being tested in clinical trials. The development of pathogenesis-targeted diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to the various MPNs will continue in the future...
- The Ki67+ proliferation index correlates with increased cellular retinol-binding protein-1 and the coordinated loss of plakophilin-1 and desmoplakin during progression of cervical squamous lesionsA Schmitt-Graeff
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Histopathology 51:87-97. 2007....
- Effects of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor imatinib mesylate (STI571) on bone marrow features in patients with chronic myelogenous leukemiaJ Thiele
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Histol Histopathol 19:1277-88. 2004..Data on proliferative activity and apoptosis in general supported in vitro findings concerning the inhibitory effect of this agent on growth associated with a tendency for stimulated apoptosis, at least in responding patients...
- Immunophenotype as prognostic factor for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in patients undergoing clinical risk-adapted therapyH Veelken
Department of Internal Medicine I Hematology Oncology, Freiburg University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Ann Oncol 18:931-9. 2007..Biological parameters, including expression of Bcl-6, Bcl-2, CD10, major histocompatibility complex class II, and categorization as germinal center (GC) type have been described as IPI-independent prognostic factors...
- [Hematological side effects of tyrosine kinase inhibition using imatinib]A Schmitt-Graeff
Pathologisches Institut, Universitat Freiburg, Postfach 214, 79002 Freiburg
Pathologe 27:40-6. 2006..Current questions involve the molecular mechanisms of hematological side effects of tyrosine kinase inhibitors with special regard to the emergence of distinct aberrant clones...
- Bone marrow features improve prognostic efficiency in multivariate risk classification of chronic-phase Ph(1+) chronic myelogenous leukemia: a multicenter trialH M Kvasnicka
Institutes of Pathology, Universities of Cologne, Freiburg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 19:2994-3009. 2001....
- CD117 (c-kit) expression in human hepatocellular carcinomaG Becker
Department of Medicine II, Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 19:204-8. 2007....
- Bone marrow histopathology following cytoreductive therapy in chronic idiopathic myelofibrosisJ Thiele
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Histopathology 43:470-9. 2003..To analyse systematically therapy-induced lesions of haematopoiesis in chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis (IMF)...
- Prognostic impact of bone marrow erythropoietic precursor cells and myelofibrosis at diagnosis of Ph1+ chronic myelogenous leukaemia--a multicentre study on 495 patientsH M Kvasnicka
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
Br J Haematol 112:727-39. 2001..In this context, the generally clinical-based multivariate risk classification can be improved by consideration of morphological variables that are acting independently of treatment modalities...
- Therapy-related changes of CD34+ progenitor cells in chronic myeloid leukemia: a morphometric study on sequential trephine biopsiesJ Thiele
Institute of Pathology, University of Cologne, Germany
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 10:827-36. 2001....
- Alternative implication of CXCR4 in JAK2/STAT3 activation in small cell lung cancerM Pfeiffer
Department of Internal Medicine, Freiburg University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Br J Cancer 100:1949-56. 2009..Taken together, these data indicate that STAT3 is constitutively phosphorylated in SCLC and is important in SCLC growth and spreading thus presenting an interesting target for therapy...
- Chronic colitis due to an epithelial barrier defect: the role of kindlin-1 isoformsJ S Kern
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
J Pathol 213:462-70. 2007..The different clinical intestinal manifestations in Kindler syndrome patients may be explained by partial functional compensation of kindlin-1 deficiency by the intestinal isoform or by the presence of truncated mutant kindlin-1...
- Bone marrow changes in chronic myelogenous leukaemia after long-term treatment with the tyrosine kinase inhibitor STI571: an immunohistochemical study on 75 patientsJ Thiele
Institutes of Pathology, University of Cologne, Germany
Histopathology 46:540-50. 2005..To carry out an immunohistochemical study on bone marrow (BM) biopsy specimens in 75 patients with chronic myelogenous leukaemia (CML) on long-term STI571 therapy...
- [Therapy-related changes of angiogenesis in Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myelogenous leukemia]H M Kvasnicka
Zentrum für Pathologie, Universitat Koln, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, 50924 Köln, Germany
Pathologe 25:127-34. 2004....
- Acquired pure megakaryocytic aplasia: a separate haematological disease entity or a syndrome with multiple causes?P Felderbauer
Department of Medicine I, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Eur J Haematol 72:451-4. 2004..Furthermore, this case report presents an example for a possible disease progression...
- Dynamics of fibrosis in chronic idiopathic (primary) myelofibrosis during therapy: a follow-up study on 309 patientsJ Thiele
Institutes of Pathology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmannstr 9, D 50924 Cologne, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 44:949-53. 2003..In conclusion, persuasive evidence has been produced that myelofibrosis in IMF is characterized by a stepwise progression and that this process is not significantly influenced by current treatment strategies...