Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Effect of Xenon on elevated intracranial pressure as compared with nitrous oxide and total intravenous anesthesia in pigsM Schmidt
Department Cardiac Anesthesia, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 49:494-501. 2005....
- Xenon attenuates cerebral damage after ischemia in pigsMichael Schmidt
Department of Cardiac Anesthesia, University of Ulm, Germany
Anesthesiology 102:929-36. 2005..With the growing importance of neuroprotective strategies, the current study was designed to determine whether xenon would attenuate cardiac arrest-induced brain injury in pigs...
- Effect of xenon on cerebral autoregulation in pigsM Schmidt
Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, Xenon Research Group, Ulm, Germany
Anaesthesia 57:960-6. 2002..These results suggest that with the inhalation of xenon, in the highest concentration suitable for a safe clinical use, cerebral autoregulation is preserved...
- Hypertension as a risk factor for cerebral injury during cardiopulmonary bypass. Protein S100B and transcranial Doppler findingsM Schmidt
Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, University of Ulm, 89070 Ulm, Germany
Anaesthesia 56:733-8. 2001..This may be due to altered autoregulation and insufficient cerebral perfusion. Modifications of cardiopulmonary bypass management for hypertensive patients might be made to decrease the risk of cerebral injury...
- Diffusion of xenon and nitrous oxide into the bowel during mechanical ileusHelmut Reinelt
Department of Cardiac Anesthesia, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Anesthesiology 96:512-3. 2002
- Cerebral and regional organ perfusion in pigs during xenon anaesthesiaM Schmidt
Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Anaesthesia 56:1154-9. 2001..We conclude that xenon should be used with caution in clinical situations associated with pathological increases in intracranial pressure, e.g. neurosurgical procedures, head injury, cerebral mass lesions or stroke...
- Xenon washout during in-vitro extracorporeal circulation using different oxygenatorsUwe Schirmer
Department of Cardiac Anesthesia, University of Ulm, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
J Clin Monit Comput 17:211-5. 2002..To make use of this advantages for cardiac surgery patients undergoing extracorporeal circulation (ECC) it must be known if oxygenators are diffusible for xenon in order to avoid losses of the very expensive noble gas...
- An image of mitral valve repairAnita Pritisanac
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital Ulm, Steinhovelstr 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 3:1009-16. 2005..This review summarizes the indications and results of this specific surgical procedure in the setting of ventricular dysfunction by different causes...
- Hepatic function during xenon anesthesia in pigsH Reinelt
University of Ulm, Department of Cardiac Anesthesia, Steinhoevelstr, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 46:713-6. 2002..The effects of xenon on liver perfusion and function have been not investigated until now...
- The relation of markers of fetal growth with asthma, allergies and serum immunoglobulin E levels in children at age 5-7 yearsG Bolte
Department of Epidemiology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 34:381-8. 2004..It has been suggested that fetal growth and maturation have an impact on the development of allergic diseases later in life...
- Diagnosis and metaphylaxis of stone disease. Consensus concept of the National Working Committee on Stone Disease for the upcoming German Urolithiasis GuidelineM Straub
Urolithiasis Research Group, Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, University of Ulm, Prittwitzstrasse 43, 89075 Ulm, Germany
World J Urol 23:309-23. 2005..About 25% of the stone formers require additional pharmacological intervention to normalize their individual biochemical risk, precisely compiled for each stone type as specific metaphylaxis...
- Diffusion of xenon and nitrous oxide into the bowelH Reinelt
Department of Cardiac Anesthesia, University of Ulm, Germany
Anesthesiology 94:475-7; discussion 6A. 2001..Blood solubility can therefore be regarded as an important factor influencing gas diffusion into air filled cavities...
- Xenon expenditure and nitrogen accumulation in closed-circuit anaesthesiaH Reinelt
Department of Cardiac Anaesthesia, University of Ulm, Postfach 3880, 89070 Ulm, Germany
Anaesthesia 56:309-11. 2001..08 to 7.04% and were not significantly different from those observed during low-flow anaesthesia. Closed-circuit anaesthesia reduced the xenon expenditure 10-fold compared with low-flow anaesthesia...
- Prehospital cardiac arrest in a paramedic first-responder system using the Utstein styleDaniel A Handel
The Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0769, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 9:398-404. 2005..To describe the characteristics of patients found to have cardiac arrest and to evaluate the characteristics predictive of survival after cardiac arrest in a paramedic first-responder model...
- High-throughput purification of viral RNA based on novel aqueous chemistry for nucleic acid isolationMichael K Hourfar
Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunohaematology, German Red Cross, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Clin Chem 51:1217-22. 2005..However, commercially available magnetic-bead-based assays either lack the sensitivity required for viral diagnostics or are disproportionately expensive...
- Stress doses of hydrocortisone reduce chronic stress symptoms and improve health-related quality of life in high-risk patients after cardiac surgery: a randomized studyFlorian Weis
Department of Anesthesiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:277-82. 2006....
- Effects of general anesthesia on anandamide blood levels in humansGustav Schelling
Department of Anaesthesiology, Institute for Medical Informatics, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Anesthesiology 104:273-7. 2006..Endocannabinoids play an important role in the physiologic control of sleep, pain processing, and emesis. The authors therefore investigated the effects of general anesthesia on the endocannabinoid system in humans...
- Prognostic significance of continuous EEG monitoring in patients with poor-grade subarachnoid hemorrhageJan Claassen
Division of Stroke and Critical Care Neurology, Department of Neurology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurocrit Care 4:103-12. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine if continuous electroencephalogram (cEEG) monitoring results are predictive of 3-month outcome in critically ill patients with SAH...
- High-frequency oscillatory ventilation reduces lung inflammation: a large-animal 24-h model of respiratory distressRalf M Muellenbach
Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Wuerzburg, Oberduerrbacher Strasse 6, 97080 Wuerzburg, Germany
Intensive Care Med 33:1423-33. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare gas exchange, lung histopathology and inflammatory cytokine expression during lung-protective pressure-controlled ventilation (PCV) and HFOV in a long-term large-animal model of ARDS...