Affiliation: University of Munich
- The role of hyperthermia in combined treatment in the management of soft tissue sarcomaRolf D Issels
University Hospital Medical Center Grosshadern Medical Clinic III, GSF National Research Center for the Environment and Health, 81377 Munich, Germany
Curr Oncol Rep 8:305-9. 2006..This short overview summarizes the results of the combination with regional hyperthermia as a new treatment strategy to open a new therapeutic window...
- Analysis of orthopedic surgery of bone metastases in breast cancer patientsBernd Wegener
Orthopedic Oncology, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377, Munchen, Gemany
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 13:232. 2012..Breast cancer is the most common malignancy and the second leading cause of death in women. Because bone metastases are a common finding in patients with breast cancer, they are of major clinical concern...
- Response to nilotinib as a first-line treatment for metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumorsMarcus Schlemmer
Department of Internal Medicine III Hematology Oncology, University Hospital Munich Campus Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
J Gastrointest Cancer 43:385-7. 2012....
- Adjuvant therapeutic vaccination in patients with non-small cell lung cancer made lymphopenic and reconstituted with autologous PBMC: first clinical experience and evidence of an immune responseDominik Ruttinger
Department of Surgery, Grosshadern Medical Center, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
J Transl Med 5:43. 2007..This paper reports on the first clinical experience and evidence of an immune response in patients suffering from NSCLC...
- Paclitaxel in patients with advanced angiosarcomas of soft tissue: a retrospective study of the EORTC soft tissue and bone sarcoma groupM Schlemmer
Medical Clinic and Polyclinc III, Clinic Grosshadern Munich, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Muenchen, Germany
Eur J Cancer 44:2433-6. 2008..The objective of this retrospective study was to assess the anti-tumour activity of this compound in a multicentre setting...
- Desmoid tumors and deep fibromatosesMarcus Schlemmer
Medical Clinic and Polyclinic III, Clinic Grosshadern Munich, Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, Muenchen D 81377, Germany
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 19:565-71, vii-viii. 2005..Treatment primarily is surgical, although radiation or systemic therapy can be beneficial to the patient when surgery is not feasible. This article highlights the biology and clinical features of desmoid tumors...
- Thermochemotherapy in patients with extremity high-risk soft tissue sarcomas (HR-STS)M Schlemmer
Department of Internal Medicine III, Klinikum Grosshadern Medical Centre, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Int J Hyperthermia 26:127-35. 2010....
- [Principles, technology and indication of hyperthermia and part body hyperthermia]M Schlemmer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, Klinikum Grosshadern der Universität München
Radiologe 44:301-9. 2004..The results shows, that response to treatment can be improved by hyperthermia...
- Activity and side effects of imatinib in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors: data from a German multicenter trialMarcus Schlemmer
Depart Medical Oncology Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 16:206-12. 2011..The safety profile of imatinib based on adverse event assessment is favorable. Imatinib is generally well tolerated in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors...
- Efficacy of consolidation high-dose chemotherapy with ifosfamide, carboplatin and etoposide (HD-ICE) followed by autologous peripheral blood stem cell rescue in chemosensitive patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcomasMarcus Schlemmer
Department of Internal Medicine III, Klinikum Grosshadern Medical Center, Munich, Germany
Oncology 71:32-9. 2006..We report phase II data of high-dose chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) rescue in patients with MSTS responding to AI-G chemotherapy...
- Perfusion patterns of metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumor lesions under specific molecular therapyMarcus Schlemmer
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospitals Großhadern, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Marchioninistr 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Eur J Radiol 77:312-8. 2011..The aim of this pilot study was the evaluation of CT perfusion patterns in metastatic GIST lesions under specific molecular therapy with sunitinib or imatinib both in responders and non-responders...
- Ifosfamide, carboplatin and etoposide (ICE) as second-line regimen alone and in combination with regional hyperthermia is active in chemo-pre-treated advanced soft tissue sarcoma of adultsM Fiegl
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Int J Hyperthermia 20:661-70. 2004..A median of four courses of ICE were administered with RHT on days 1 and 3 (60 min, T(max) 42 degrees C)...
- Ifosfamide with regional hyperthermia in soft-tissue sarcomasM Schlemmer
Department of Internal Medicine III, Klinikum Grosshadern Medical Center, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Oncology 65:76-9. 2003..The combination with regional hyperthermia as a new treatment strategy seems to open a new therapeutic window...
- Immunotherapy of lung cancer: an updateDominik Ruttinger
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Abteilung für Transfusionsmedizin und Hämostaseologie, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Onkologie 29:33-8. 2006..Although there seems to be a promising future for immunotherapy in lung cancer, presently there is not standard immunotherapy available for clinical routine...
- The cause of subchondral bone cysts in osteoarthrosis: a finite element analysisHans D Dürr
Department of Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Klinikum Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, DE 81366 Munich, Germany
Acta Orthop Scand 75:554-8. 2004..The etiology of subchondral bone cysts in arthrotic joints is unclear...
- [Gastrointestinal stromal tumors]M Schlemmer
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:2015-9. 2003
- Current trials and new aspects in soft tissue sarcoma of adultsR D Issels
Department of Internal Medicine III, Klinikum Grosshadern Medical Center, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 49:S4-8. 2002..Therefore, systemic chemotherapy has been integrated either after (adjuvant) or before (neoadjuvant) optimal local treatment by surgery and radiotherapy in HR-STS...
- Paramagnetic thermosensitive liposomes for MR-thermometryL H Lindner
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, CCG Hyperthermia, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Int J Hyperthermia 21:575-88. 2005..Nevertheless, before entering clinical trials they have to be studied in more detail with regard to dose, pharmacokinetics and toxicity...
- Tissue levels of reduced folates in patients with colorectal carcinoma after infusion of folinic acid at various dose levelsMarcus Schlemmer
Department of Internal Medicine III, Ludwig Maximilians University Grobetahadern, Marchioninistr 15, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 14:7930-4. 2008..However, the optimal dose of FA is still debated. We investigated reduced folate pools in various tissues from patients with CRC without and after prior administration of FA...
- Impact of human herpesvirus-6 after haematopoietic stem cell transplantationMarcus Hentrich
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, Germany
Br J Haematol 128:66-72. 2005..31], Epstein-Barr virus coinfection (OR 8.89) and unrelated donor transplantation (OR 5.67) indicating an increased stage of immunosuppression...
- Gene expression profiling in sarcomasKatharina Tschoep
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, Ludwig Maximilians University, Medical Center Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 63:111-24. 2007....
- [Gene expression analysis using DNA microarrays in soft tissue and bone tumors]K Tschoep
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik III, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Klinikum Grosshadern, Munich
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 128:2030-6. 2003
- Outcome of patients with advanced gastro-intestinal stromal tumours crossing over to a daily imatinib dose of 800 mg after progression on 400 mgJohn R Zalcberg
Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Haematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag 1, A Beckett Street, Melbourne, VIC 8006, Australia
Eur J Cancer 41:1751-7. 2005..1% of patients were still alive and progression free one year after cross-over. We conclude that a cross-over to high-dose imatinib is feasible and safe in GIST patients who progress on low-dose therapy...
- Soft tissue sarcomas: ESMO clinical recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and follow-upP G Casali
Department of Cancer Medicine, Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 19:ii89-93. 2008