- [Evaluating extensive consciousness disturbance. Roulette or well-founded forensic diagnostics?]
Institut für Forensische Psychiatrie, Rheinische Kliniken Essen, Universitat Duisburg Essen, Virchowstrasse, Essen
Nervenarzt 78:294, 296-303. 2007
- Brain response to visual sexual stimuli in homosexual pedophiles
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Psychiatry Neurosci 33:23-33. 2008
..The objective of this study was to analyze whether brain activation patterns of homosexual pedophiles differed from those of a nonpedophile homosexual control group during visual sexual stimulation...
- Structural brain abnormalities in the frontostriatal system and cerebellum in pedophilia
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchowstrasse 174, D 45147 Essen, Germany
J Psychiatr Res 41:753-62. 2007
..In this respect these findings may support the hypothesis that there is a shared etiopathological mechanism in all obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders...
- Functional brain correlates of heterosexual paedophilia
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
Neuroimage 41:80-91. 2008
..Moreover, these findings may suggest a dysfunction (in the functional and effective connectivity) at the cognitive stage of sexual arousal processing...
- Impulsivity-related brain volume deficits in schizophrenia-addiction comorbidity
Department of Forensic Psychiatry, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchow str 174, Essen, Germany
Brain 133:3093-103. 2010
..However, the relationship between non-planning impulsivity and anterior cingulate and frontopolar grey matter volumes points to a specific structure-function relationship that seems to be impaired in schizophrenia-addiction comorbidity...
- [Patients with schizophrenia in forensic-psychiatric hospitals (section 63 German Penal Code) in North Rhine-Westphalia]
Institut für Forensische Psychiatrie, UniversitätDuisburg Essen LVR Klinikum, Virchowstrasse 174, Essen
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 77:91-6. 2009
..3 % with a mean of 7.5 stays) and previous convictions (63.4 %). Almost half of these convictions (46.6 %) were violent offences (e. g. assault, homicide). Possible explanations for this development are discussed...
- Brain response to visual sexual stimuli in heterosexual and homosexual males
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology and Neuroradiology, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Hum Brain Mapp 29:726-35. 2008
..Moreover, the activation pattern found in both groups suggests that stimuli of opposite sexual orientation triggered intense autonomic response and may be perceived, at least to some extent, as aversive...
- [Plea for forensic aftercare--results from an evaluation of forensic ambulances in Germany (area: "Rheinland")]
Psychiatr Prax 30:235-41. 2003
..Our target is to develop minimum standards or essential pillars for successful ambulance work by taking all participants of the reintegration process into account...
- Serial neurochemical measurement of cerebrospinal fluid during the human sexual response cycle
Tillmann H C Kruger
Division of Psychology and Behavioral Immunobiology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, Universitatsstrasse 6, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 24:3445-52. 2006
..However, alterations in dopaminergic or peptidergic activity are not found in lumbar CSF, possibly due to local and restricted release in diencephalic and mesencephalic brain regions...