Affiliation: University of Munich
- A guide to super-resolution fluorescence microscopyLothar Schermelleh
Department of Biology and Center for Integrated Protein Science, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 190:165-75. 2010..Overall, these new approaches have created unprecedented new possibilities to investigate the structure and function of cells...
- Restricted mobility of Dnmt1 in preimplantation embryos: implications for epigenetic reprogrammingMaik Grohmann
Department of Biology II, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Grosshadernerstr 2, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 5:18. 2005..A short isoform of the prevalent maintenance DNA methyltransferase (Dnmt1S) is found in the cytoplasm of preimplantation embryos and transiently enters the nucleus only at the 8-cell stage...
- Dissection of cell cycle-dependent dynamics of Dnmt1 by FRAP and diffusion-coupled modelingKatrin Schneider
Department of Biology and Center for Integrated Protein Science, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich LMU, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 41:4860-76. 2013..We propose a two-loading-platform-model of additional PCNA-independent loading at postreplicative, heterochromatic Dnmt1 target sites to ensure faithful maintenance of densely methylated genomic regions...
- Subdiffraction multicolor imaging of the nuclear periphery with 3D structured illumination microscopyLothar Schermelleh
Center for Integrated Protein Science, Department of Biology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
Science 320:1332-6. 2008..Multicolor 3D-SIM opens new and facile possibilities to analyze subcellular structures beyond the diffraction limit of the emitted light...
- Visualization and measurement of DNA methyltransferase activity in living cellsLothar Schermelleh
Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Department of Biology II, Martinsried, Germany
Curr Protoc Cell Biol . 2008..In addition, a simplified protocol to obtain qualitative information on the activity of either endogenously or exogenously expressed MTases is provided...