Affiliation: University of Cologne
- [Submucosal infiltration and local recurrence in pT1 low-risk rectal cancer treated by transanal endoscopic microsurgery]H Schafer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Visceral und Gefässchirurgie, Universitat zu Koln
Chirurg 76:379-84. 2005..The association between submucosal infiltration and tumor recurrence was analyzed by long-term follow-up of patients with pT1 "low risk" rectal carcinoma...
- Giant adenomas of the rectum: complete resection by transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM)Hartmut Schafer
Department of Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50924 Cologne, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:533-7. 2006..Transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) offers an alternative operation method to low-anterior rectum resection in this potentially benign tumor situation...
- [Combined laparoscopic/endoscopic treatment of gastric stroma tumors]H Schafer
Klinik und Poliklinik für Viszeral und Gefässchirurgie der Universität zu Köln
Zentralbl Chir 131:206-9. 2006..Local resection will be carried out if technically possible. We describe the technique of laparoscopic wedge resection combined with intraoperative gastroscopy in order to achieve complete tumor resection...
- [Local excision with transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM) after endoscopic R1/R2-polypectomy of pT1 "low-risk" carcinomas of the rectum]H H Schäfer
University of Cologne, Visceral and Vascular Surgery
Z Gastroenterol 44:647-50. 2006..In cases of a "high-risk" tumour or deeper tumour infiltration (pT> 1) after TEM radical resection must be carried out...
- Botox, dilation, or myotomy? Clinical outcome of interventional and surgical therapies for achalasiaChristian Alexander Gutschow
Department of General, Visceral, and Cancer Surgery, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, 50931, Cologne, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:1093-9. 2010..Classic therapeutic approaches include botulinum toxin injection, balloon dilation, and surgical myotomy of the lower esophageal sphincter. This report summarizes our experience with different treatment modalities for achalasia...
- Endoscopic therapy for esophageal perforation or anastomotic leak with a self-expandable metallic stentJessica M Leers
Department of General, Visceral and Cancer Surgery, University of Cologne, Kerpener Strasse 62, 50937, Koln, Germany
Surg Endosc 23:2258-62. 2009..Therapeutic options are surgical repair or resection or conservative management with cessation of oral intake and antibiotic therapy. We evaluated an alternative approach that uses self-expandable metallic stents (SEMS)...
- High prevalence of colonic polyps in white males with esophageal adenocarcinomaElfriede Bollschweiler
Department of General, Visceral and Cancer Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Dis Colon Rectum 52:299-304. 2009..There is ongoing discussion regarding Barrett's esophagus and the prevalence of colonic neoplasms. The goal of this investigation was to evaluate colonoscopic findings in patients with esophageal carcinoma...