Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Validity and responsiveness of the EQ-5D in assessing and valuing health status in patients with somatoform disordersChristian Brettschneider
Department of Medical Sociology and Health Economics, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:3. 2013..The EQ-5D is a generic questionnaire providing a preference-based index score applicable to cost-utility analysis. This is the first study to validate the EQ-5D in patients with somatoform disorders...
- Specific collaborative group intervention for patients with medically unexplained symptoms in general practice: a cluster randomized controlled trialR Schaefert
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Psychother Psychosom 82:106-19. 2013..Specific training of general practitioners (GPs) alone did not demonstrate sustained improvement at later follow-up in current reviews. We evaluated a collaborative group intervention...
- Non-specific, functional, and somatoform bodily complaintsRainer Schaefert
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, Heidelberg University Hospital, Thibautstrasse 2, Heidelberg, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 109:803-13. 2012..These often take a chronic course, markedly impair the sufferers' quality of life, and give rise to high costs. They can be made worse by inappropriate behavior on the physician's part...
- Diagnosing somatisation disorder (P75) in routine general practice using the International Classification of Primary CareRainer Schaefert
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, University of Heidelberg, Thibautstrasse 2, Heidelberg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 69:267-77. 2010..0-2) to P75 and codes the other half of these disorders (F45.3-9), including autonomic organ dysfunctions and pain syndromes, as symptom diagnoses plus a psychosocial code in a multiaxial manner...
- Depression, anxiety, and somatoform disorders: vague or distinct categories in primary care? Results from a large cross-sectional studyGertraud Hanel
Department of Psychosomatic and General Clinical Medicine, Medical Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Psychosom Res 67:189-97. 2009....
- Psychological and behavioral variables associated with the somatic symptom severity of general hospital outpatients in ChinaRainer Schaefert
Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics, University Medical Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 35:297-303. 2013..This study aimed to assess these key features among Chinese general hospital outpatients with high levels of somatic symptoms...
- How can the practice nurse be more involved in the care of the chronically ill? The perspectives of GPs, patients and practice nursesThomas Rosemann
Department of General Practice and Health Services Research, University of Heidelberg, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Fam Pract 7:14. 2006....
- Efficacy, tolerability, and safety of hypnosis in adult irritable bowel syndrome: systematic review and meta-analysisRainer Schaefert
From the Department of General Internal Medicine and Psychosomatics R S, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany Department of Internal and Integrative Medicine P K, Kliniken Essen Mitte, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany Department of Internal Medicine III G M, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria Department of Internal Medicine I W H, Klinikum Saarbrücken, Saarbrucken, Germany and Department of Psychosomatic Medicine W H, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Psychosom Med 76:389-98. 2014..To assess the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of hypnosis in adult irritable bowel syndrome by a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials...