Affiliation: University of Bonn
- Kesser J, Korst M, Koch C, Romberg F, Rehage J, Muller U, et al. Different milk feeding intensities during the first 4 weeks of rearing dairy calves: Part 2: Effects on the metabolic and endocrine status during calfhood and around the first lactation. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:3109-3125 pubmed publisher..Further studies involving greater animal numbers and, thus, improved power will help to sort out the mechanisms of programming body function in later life via nutrition in early life. ..
- Sauerwein H, Schmitz S, Hiss S. The acute phase protein haptoglobin and its relation to oxidative status in piglets undergoing weaning-induced stress. Redox Rep. 2005;10:295-302 pubmed..The piglets in trial II showed respiratory symptoms and maintained elevated Hp concentrations. ROM values and Hp were related (r = 0.58; P < 0.01). Hp and body weight gain were inversely related post-weaning. ..
- Sauerwein H, Saremi B, Pappritz J, von Soosten D, Meyer U, Danicke S, et al. Short communication: aquaporin-7 mRNA in adipose depots of primiparous and pluriparous dairy cows: long-term physiological and conjugated linoleic acid-induced changes. J Dairy Sci. 2013;96:4508-13 pubmed publisher..Due to a lack of CLA effects in pluriparous cows and the limitation to just one fat depot in primiparous cows, a modulatory effect of CLA on AQP7 mRNA abundance in dairy cows is not supported by our study. ..
- Heinz J, Singh S, Janowitz U, Hoelker M, Tesfaye D, Schellander K, et al. Characterization of adiponectin concentrations and molecular weight forms in serum, seminal plasma, and ovarian follicular fluid from cattle. Theriogenology. 2015;83:326-33 pubmed publisher..The MW pattern in the serum did not differ between the sexes. Our data provide both the AdipoQ concentration and the MW patterns for bovine body fluids related to reproduction. ..
- Sauerwein H, Häußler S. Endogenous and exogenous factors influencing the concentrations of adiponectin in body fluids and tissues in the bovine. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2016;56 Suppl:S33-43 pubmed publisher....
- Sadri H, Steinhoff Wagner J, Hammon H, Bruckmaier R, Görs S, Sauerwein H. Mammalian target of rapamycin signaling and ubiquitin proteasome-related gene expression in 3 different skeletal muscles of colostrum- versus formula-fed calves. J Dairy Sci. 2017;100:9428-9441 pubmed publisher..Such effects seem to be mediated by the postprandial increase in plasma insulin. ..