Affiliation: University of Konstanz
- Childhood adversity, mental ill-health and aggressive behavior in an African orphanage: Changes in response to trauma-focused therapy and the implementation of a new instructional systemKatharin Hermenau
Department of Psychology, University of Konstanz, Box 23 25, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 5:29. 2011..abstract:..
- Treating children traumatized by war and Tsunami: a comparison between exposure therapy and meditation-relaxation in North-East Sri LankaClaudia Catani
Department of Psychology, University of Bielefeld, 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 9:22. 2009..In the acute aftermath of the Tsunami we tested the efficacy of two pragmatic short-term interventions when applied by trained local counselors...
- Lack of cortisol response in patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) undergoing a diagnostic interviewIris Tatjana Kolassa
Clinical and Neuropsychology, University of Konstanz, Universitatsstr, 10, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 7:54. 2007..This study investigated the cortisol response in traumatized refugees with PTSD during a detailed and standardized interview about their personal war and torture experiences...
- Altered oscillatory brain dynamics after repeated traumatic stressIris Tatjana Kolassa
Department of Psychology, Clinical and Neuropsychology, University of Konstanz, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 7:56. 2007..Abnormal slow waves produced within circumscribed brain regions during a resting state have been associated with lesioned neural circuitry in neurological disorders and more recently also in mental illness...
- Narrative exposure therapy for 7- to 16-year-olds: a randomized controlled trial with traumatized refugee childrenMartina Ruf
University of Konstanz and Vivo, Konstanz, Germany
J Trauma Stress 23:437-45. 2010..However, it also shows that it is possible to effectively treat chronic PTSD and restore functioning in traumatized refugee children in only 8 treatment sessions...
- Post-tsunami stress: a study of posttraumatic stress disorder in children living in three severely affected regions in Sri LankaFrank Neuner
Department of Psychology, University of Konstanz, Box D25, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
J Trauma Stress 19:339-47. 2006..The results confirm the relevance of the individual history of traumatic events for the genesis of PTSD and indicate a high need of mental health assistance among the tsunami-affected children in Sri Lanka...
- Narrative exposure therapy for the treatment of traumatized children and adolescents (KidNET): from neurocognitive theory to field interventionFrank Neuner
Department of Psychology, University of Konstanz, Box D25, D 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 17:641-64, x. 2008..Early treatment trials, including randomized controlled studies, show promising results for the treatment of children and adolescents who have PTSD living in war-affected countries and refugee communities...
- Narrative exposure therapy for PTSD increases top-down processing of aversive stimuli--evidence from a randomized controlled treatment trialHannah Adenauer
Department of Psychology, University of Konstanz, Konstanz, 78457, Germany
BMC Neurosci 12:127. 2011..This is the first randomized controlled treatment trial that examines whether narrative exposure therapy (NET) causes changes in affective stimulus processing in patients with chronic PTSD...