Affiliation: University of Hamburg
- ZBP1 subcellular localization and association with stress granules is controlled by its Z-DNA binding domainsNikolaus Deigendesch
Institute for Immunology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 34:5007-20. 2006..Our data link ZBP1 to mRNA sorting and metabolism and indicate distinct roles for ZBP1 isoforms...
- A PKR-like eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha kinase from zebrafish contains Z-DNA binding domains instead of dsRNA binding domainsStefan Rothenburg
Institut fur Immunologie, Universitätsklinikum Eppendorf, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1602-7. 2005..Identification of a gene combining Zalpha domains with a PKR-like kinase domain strengthens the hypothesis that the ability to bind left-handed nucleic acid plays a role in the host response to viruses...
- Characterization of multiple alleles of the T-cell differentiation marker ART2 (RT6) in inbred and wild ratsStefan Rothenburg
Signal Transduction Group, Institute for Immunology, H23W, Universitäts Klinikum Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Immunogenetics 57:739-49. 2005....
- Complex regulation of the human gene for the Z-DNA binding protein DLM-1Stefan Rothenburg
Institute for Immunology, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 30:993-1000. 2002..The cellular function of DLM-1 appears to call for a high degree of adaptation by this complex regulation...
- Independent integration of rodent identifier (ID) elements into orthologous sites of some RT6 alleles of Rattus norvegicus and Rattus rattusStefan Rothenburg
Institute for Immunology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Mol Evol 55:251-9. 2002..The possibility that the ID element in the RT6a allele interferes with the required demethylation process and thus accounts for monoallelic expression is discussed...
- Single domain antibodies from llama effectively and specifically block T cell ecto-ADP-ribosyltransferase ART2.2 in vivoFriedrich Koch-Nolte
Department of Immunology, Diagnostic Center, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
FASEB J 21:3490-8. 2007..Our findings constitute a proof of principle that opens up a new avenue for targeting leukocyte ecto-enzymes in vivo and that can serve as a model also for developing new antidotes against ADP-ribosylating toxins...
- Double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase PKR of fishes and amphibians: varying the number of double-stranded RNA binding domains and lineage-specific duplicationsStefan Rothenburg
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Development, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Biol 6:12. 2008..Fish and amphibian PKR genes have not been described so far...