Affiliation: University of Essen
- Rosskopf D, Manthey I, Siffert W. Identification and ethnic distribution of major haplotypes in the gene GNB3 encoding the G-protein beta3 subunit. Pharmacogenetics. 2002;12:209-20 pubmed..Furthermore, they will contribute to the understanding of GNB3-related population-specific pharmacogenetic differences in the response to major drugs, as already shown for diuretics and antidepressants. ..
- Rosskopf D, Kielbik M, Manthey I, Bilmen G, Eisenhardt A, Siffert W. Characterization of the splice variant Gbeta3v of the human G-protein Gbeta3 subunit. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1626:33-42 pubmed..However, there is no association with an allele of the GNB3 C825T polymorphism, which suggests that Gbeta3v does not contribute to the complex phenotype observed in association with the 825T-allele. ..
- Rosskopf D, Nikula C, Manthey I, Joisten M, Frey U, Kohnen S, et al. The human G protein beta4 subunit: gene structure, expression, Ggamma and effector interaction. FEBS Lett. 2003;544:27-32 pubmed....
- Rosskopf D, Busch S, Manthey I, Siffert W. G protein beta 3 gene: structure, promoter, and additional polymorphisms. Hypertension. 2000;36:33-41 pubmed..This is the first complete characterization of the human GNB3 gene and its promoter region, which will enable refined epidemiological and biochemical investigations of GNB3 in hypertension and obesity. ..
- Rosskopf D, Manthey I, Habich C, Kielbik M, Eisenhardt A, Nikula C, et al. Identification and characterization of G beta 3s2, a novel splice variant of the G-protein beta 3 subunit. Biochem J. 2003;371:223-32 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that G beta 3s2 is a biologically active G beta variant which may play a role in the manifestation of the complex phenotype associated with the 825T-allele. ..