Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Sirtuin1 single nucleotide polymorphism (A2191G) is a diagnostic marker for vibration-induced white finger diseaseSusanne Voelter-Mahlknecht
Institute of Occupational, Social and Environmental Health, University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Strasse 67, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Clin Epigenetics 4:18. 2012..abstract:..
- Application of headspace solid phase dynamic extraction gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (HS-SPDE-GC/MS) for biomonitoring of n-heptane and its metabolites in bloodBernd Rossbach
University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Institute of Occupational, Social, and Environmental Medicine, Germany
Toxicol Lett 210:232-9. 2012..Due to its high abundance in blood, 2-heptanone could be an interesting candidate as a biomarker also in alternative matrices such as urine or saliva...
- Uptake of permethrin from impregnated clothingBernd Rossbach
University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Institute for Occupational, Social, and Environmental Medicine, Obere Zahlbacher Strasse 67, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Toxicol Lett 192:50-5. 2010..However, since calculations reveal a maximum permethrin uptake clearly below the acceptable daily intake (ADI), health impairments are rather unlikely...
- Biological monitoring of occupational exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) by determination of monohydroxylated metabolites of phenanthrene and pyrene in urineBernd Rossbach
Institut für Arbeits, Sozial und Umweltmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Strasse 67, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 81:221-9. 2007..By analysing the relationships between those markers the suitability of individual parameters [e.g. monohydroxylated phenanthrene (Phe) metabolites] for exposure surveillance should be evaluated...
- Biological monitoring of welders exposed to aluminiumBernd Rossbach
Institute for Occupational, Social, and Environmental Medicine, University of Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Strasse 67, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Toxicol Lett 162:239-45. 2006..A correlation analysis did not yield close relationships between dust exposure, Al in plasma and Al in urine underlining the importance of biomonitoring for assessment of Al exposure...
- External and internal exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) among workers in the production of fire-proof materials - proposal of a biological monitoring guidance valueRalf Preuss
University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Institute and Outpatient Clinic of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, Erlangen, Germany
Int J Hyg Environ Health 209:575-80. 2006..The following BMGVs for the non-smokers of this branch of industry are proposed: for 1-hydroxypyrene 18microg/g creatinine and for the sum of hydroxyphenanthrenes 77microg/g creatinine in urine measured at the end of the shift...
- Occupational exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in German industries: association between exogenous exposure and urinary metabolites and its modulation by enzyme polymorphismsHans Peter Rihs
Berufsgenossenschaftliches Forschungsinstitut fur Arbeitsmedizin BGFA, Ruhr University of Bochum, Buerkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Toxicol Lett 157:241-55. 2005..001). OHPhe turned out to be also a suitable biomarker of occupational PAH exposure. The association with ambient PAH exposure and the influence of polymorphisms was more pronounced for OHPhe...
- Dose-response modeling of occupational exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons with biomarkers of exposure and effectBeate Pesch
BGFA Forschungsinstitut für Arbeitsmedizin der Deatschen Gesetzlichen Unfallversicherung, Burkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1863-73. 2007..56; 95% confidence interval, 0.47-0.64). Hydroxyphenanthrenes may be recommended as biomarker of occupational PAH exposure, whereas biomarkers of DNA damage in blood did not show a dose-response relation to PAH exposure...
- Risk assessment of Bundeswehr (German Federal Armed Forces) permethrin-impregnated battle dress uniforms (BDU)Klaus E Appel
Federal Institute for Risk Assessment, Thielallee 88 92, 14195 Berlin, Germany
Int J Hyg Environ Health 211:88-104. 2008..We recommend that the release rate of permethrin from the textile material should be strictly monitored by means of a quality assurance method. It should comply with standards to which the results of this study may contribute...
- Determination of haemoglobin adducts of acrylamide and glycidamide in smoking and non-smoking persons of the general populationThomas Schettgen
Institute and Outpatient Clinic of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Int J Hyg Environ Health 207:531-9. 2004..Furthermore, our results might indicate that the dose-response curve for acrylamide is not linear. This would be in line with the results of animal experiments on rodents...
- Internal exposure of the general population to DEHP and other phthalates--determination of secondary and primary phthalate monoester metabolites in urineHolger M Koch
Institute and Outpatient Clinic of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Schillerstrasse 25 29, Erlangen D 91054, Germany
Environ Res 93:177-85. 2003..0 microg/L, for monoethylphthalate (MEP) 90.2 microg/L and for mono-n-octylphthalate (MOP)<1.0 microg/L (LOQ). These results will help to perform health risk assessments for the phthalate exposure of the general population...