Affiliation: University of Hohenheim
- Antiproliferative/cytotoxic activity of molecular iodine and iodolactones in various human carcinoma cell lines. No interfering with EGF-signaling, but evidence for apoptosisH Rosner
Institut fur Zoologie, Universität Hohenheim Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:410-9. 2010..A disruption by molecular iodine of mitochondrial transmembrane electrical potential, which was prevented by a pre-treatment of the cells with N-acetyl-cysteine, supports a mitochondria-mediated apoptotic mechanism...
- Organotypic spinal cord culture in serum-free fibrin gel: a new approach to study three-dimensional neurite outgrowth and of neurotoxicity testing: Effects of modulating the actin and tubulin dynamics and protein kinase activitiesH Rosner
Institute of Zoology, University of Hohenheim Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
J Neurosci Methods 78:93-103. 1997..The described system provides a rapid, reproducible, and quantitative assay for the effects of exogenous factors on the mode and intensity of neurite outgrowth...
- Significance of gangliosides in neuronal differentiation of neuroblastoma cells and neurite growth in tissue cultureH Rosner
Institute of Zoology, University of Hohenheim Stuttgart, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 845:200-14. 1998..In this system, addition of GM1 led to a further inhibition of neurite growth, probably due to an interaction with growth-promoting components present in the surrounding fibrin matrix...
- 1,2-dioctanoyl-s,n-glycerol-induced activation of protein kinase C results in striking, but reversible growth cone shape changes and an accumulation of f-actin and serine 41-phosphorylated GAP-43 in the axonal processH Rosner
Institute of Zoology, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 78:698-706. 1999....
- Disassembly of microtubules and inhibition of neurite outgrowth, neuroblastoma cell proliferation, and MAP kinase tyrosine dephosphorylation by dibenzyl trisulphideH Rosner
Institute of Zoology, University of Hohenheimer Stuttgart, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1540:166-77. 2001..These data confirmed that the natural compound DTS has a diverse spectrum of biological properties, including cytostatic and neurotoxic actions in addition to immunomodulatory activities...
- Attenuation of actinomyosinII contractile activity in growth cones accelerates filopodia-guided and microtubule-based neurite elongationHarald Rösner
Institute of Zoology, Cell and Developmental Neuro Biology, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Brain Res 1176:1-10. 2007....
- Effects of altered gravity on the actin and microtubule cytoskeleton of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cellsH Rosner
Cell and Developmental Neurobiology, Institute of Zoology, University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Federal Republic of Germany
Protoplasma 229:225-34. 2006..The latter, however, seems to be promoted at hypergravity...
- In vitro anti-proliferation/cytotoxic activity of sixty natural products on the human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells with specific reference to dibenzyl trisulphideL A D Williams
The Institutes of Bio organic Chemistry and Zoology, University of Hohenheim, Garbenstrasse 30, D 70593 Stuttgart, Germany
West Indian Med J 53:208-19. 2004..In addition, we hereby propose the human SH-SY5Y cell line as a sensitive and uncomplicated in vitro test system for detecting compounds with potential anti-proliferation/cytotoxic activity...
- In vitro anti-proliferation/cytotoxic activity of cantharidin (Spanish Fly) and related derivativesL A D Williams
Institutes of Bio Organic Chemistry and Zoology, University of Hohenheim, Garbenstrasse 30, D 70593, Stuttgart, Germany
West Indian Med J 52:10-3. 2003....
- Developmental expression and possible roles of gangliosides in brain developmentH Rosner
Institute of Zoology, University of Hohenheim Stuttgart, Garbenstr 30, 70593 Stuttgart, Germany
Prog Mol Subcell Biol 32:49-73. 2003
- Polysialic acid on the neural cell adhesion molecule correlates with expression of polysialyltransferases and promotes neuroblastoma cell growthH Hildebrandt
Institut für Zoologie 220, Universitat Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
Cancer Res 58:779-84. 1998..Moreover, the similarity to the primary neuroblastoma tissue makes SH-SY5Y cells a suitable model system to examine further the role of polysialylation in tumor cell growth and the orchestration of PSA synthesis in neuroblastoma...
- A sulfonic anhydride derivative from dibenzyl trisulphide with agro-chemical activitiesL A D Williams
Institute for Chemistry, University of Hohenheim, Garbenstr 30, D 70574, Stuttgart, Germany
Chemosphere 51:701-6. 2003..MBSA demonstrated a strong dose dependent radicular suppression effect (r=0.984), on the radicles of Latuca sativa germinating seeds. DTS was weakly active...