Affiliation: University of Cologne
- Mast cell-specific Cre/loxP-mediated recombination in vivoJulia Scholten
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50937, Cologne, Germany
Transgenic Res 17:307-15. 2008..Our results show that the Mcpt5 promoter can drive Cre expression in a mast cell-specific fashion. We expect that our Mcpt5-Cre mice will be a useful tool for the investigation of mast cell biology...
- Clonal expansions of CD8(+) T cells dominate the T cell infiltrate in active multiple sclerosis lesions as shown by micromanipulation and single cell polymerase chain reactionH Babbe
Institute for Genetics, Institute for Pathology, University of Cologne, 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Exp Med 192:393-404. 2000..In case 2, two of the CD8(+) clones identified in brain tissue were also detected in peripheral blood. Investigation of the antigenic specificities of expanded clones may help to elucidate their functional properties...
- Amplification of TCRbeta gene rearrangements from micromanipulated single cells: T cells rosetting around Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells in Hodgkin's disease are polyclonalA Roers
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Germany
Eur J Immunol 28:2424-31. 1998..These data suggest that the HRS cells attract CD4+ T cells nonspecifically...
- T cell-specific inactivation of the interleukin 10 gene in mice results in enhanced T cell responses but normal innate responses to lipopolysaccharide or skin irritationAxel Roers
Dept of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Josef Stelzmann Str 9, 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Exp Med 200:1289-97. 2004..Our data highlight the importance of T cell-derived IL-10 in the regulation of T cell responses and demonstrate that endotoxic shock and the irritant response of the skin are controlled by IL-10 from other cell types...
- Single-cell PCR analysis of T helper cells in human lymph node germinal centersA Roers
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Cologne University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
Am J Pathol 156:1067-71. 2000..The detection of clonal expansions accounting for more than half of the sampled B cells in addition to ongoing somatic hypermutation of Ig V region genes suggested that GC3 was a fully developed GC...
- Rare occurrence of classical Hodgkin's disease as a T cell lymphomaM MUSCHEN
Institute for Genetics, Department of Immunology, Universitat zu Koln, Germany
J Exp Med 191:387-94. 2000..In a third case, however, H/RS cells were derived from a T cell, demonstrating that cHD can also occur as a T cell lymphoma...
- Spontaneous regression of HIV associated T-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma with highly active antiretroviral therapyG Fatkenheuer
Klinik I fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, D 50924 Koln, Germany
Eur J Med Res 5:236-40. 2000..This hypothesis is supported by parallels to EBV associated polyclonal lymphoproliferation in allogeneic transplantat recipients where regression of lymphoma can be induced by reducing immunosuppressive therapy...
- Interleukin-10 derived from macrophages and/or neutrophils regulates the inflammatory response to LPS but not the response to CpG DNALisa Siewe
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Immunol 36:3248-55. 2006..These results show that different innate immune responses can be subject to control by IL-10 from different cellular sources...
- Accelerated wound closure in mice deficient for interleukin-10Sabine A Eming
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Joseph Stelzmann Str 9, 50931 Koln, Germany
Am J Pathol 170:188-202. 2007..These results show for the first time that IL-10 can impede wound repair...
- Regulatory T cell-derived interleukin-10 limits inflammation at environmental interfacesYuri P Rubtsov
Department of Immunology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Immunity 28:546-58. 2008..Furthermore, these mechanisms are likely to be nonredundant, in that a distinct suppressor mechanism most likely plays a prominent and identifiable role at a particular tissue and inflammatory setting...
- Tolerance without clonal expansion: self-antigen-expressing B cells program self-reactive T cells for future deletionFriederike Frommer
I Medical Department, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Obere Zahlbacher Str 63, Mainz, Germany
J Immunol 181:5748-59. 2008..In contrast, the T cells became sensitive to Ag-induced cell death. Our results demonstrate that B cells participate in the homeostasis of the immune system by ablation of conventional self-reactive T cells...
- Clonal tracking of autoaggressive T cells in polymyositis by combining laser microdissection, single-cell PCR, and CDR3-spectratype analysisMonika Hofbauer
Institute for Clinical Neuroimmunology, Ludwig Maximilians University, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4090-5. 2003..This approach should be applicable to other inflammatory and autoimmune disorders...
- Integrin alpha2beta1 deficiency does not affect contact hypersensitivityManon C Zweers
Department of Dermatology, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50937 Cologne, Germany
Arch Dermatol Res 298:201-5. 2006..Our results suggest that the adhesive functions of integrin alpha2beta1 are dispensable for the CHS response; they may be compensated for by the collagen receptor alpha1beta1 or other collagen receptors...