Affiliation: University of Cologne
- [Anaphylaxis. Diagnostic and therapeutic management]E Rietschel
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Universitätsklinik Köln, Kerpener Str 62, 50924, Koln
Med Klin Intensivmed Notfmed 108:239-49; quiz 250-1. 2013..Patients with a history of anaphylaxis need training on how to use the emergency medication and how to recognize and prevent the anaphylactic symptoms...
- Whole body vibration: a new therapeutic approach to improve muscle function in cystic fibrosis?Ernst Rietschel
CF Center, Children s Hospital, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Int J Rehabil Res 31:253-6. 2008..Any change in mechanographic parameters did not correlate with FEV1 or FVC in this study. These results demonstrate that WBV can improve muscle function in CF patients...
- [Anaphylaxis]E Rietschel
Pädiatrische Pneumologie und Allergologie, Kinderklinik der Universität zu Köln
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:S67-72. 2008
- Sequential analysis of surfactant, lung function and inflammation in cystic fibrosis patientsMatthias Griese
Children s Hospital, University of Munich, Lindwurmstr 4, 80337 München, Germany
Respir Res 6:133. 2005..So far, longitudinal measurements of surfactant function in CF patients are lacking and it remains unclear how these alterations relate to the progression of airway inflammation as well as decline in pulmonary function over time...
- Inhalation treatment with glutathione in patients with cystic fibrosis. A randomized clinical trialMatthias Griese
Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 188:83-9. 2013..Objectives: We aimed to assess glutathione delivered by inhalation as a potential treatment for CF lung disease...
- Absorptive hyperoxaluria leads to an increased risk for urolithiasis or nephrocalcinosis in cystic fibrosisBernd Hoppe
University Children s Hospital Cologne, Germany, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:440-5. 2005..To better elucidate its pathophysiological characteristics, we prospectively studied patients with CF by determining these parameters and performing renal ultrasonography twice yearly...
- Muscle analysis by measurement of maximal isometric grip force: new reference data and clinical applications in pediatricsFrank Rauch
Children s Hospital, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Pediatr Res 51:505-10. 2002..4 +/- 1.0 and 0.4 +/- 0.8, respectively). In conclusion, MIGF determination provides information on an important aspect of physical development. Height should be taken into account to avoid misinterpretation...
- Pulmonary surfactant, lung function, and endobronchial inflammation in cystic fibrosisMatthias Griese
Children s Hospital, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:1000-5. 2004....
- Sensitization to Malassezia in infants and children with atopic dermatitis: prevalence and clinical characteristicsL Lange
Childrens Hospital, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50924 Cologne, Germany
Allergy 63:486-7. 2008
- Elevated levels of tryptase in children with nummular eczemaL Lange
Children s Hospital, University of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50924 Cologne, Germany
Allergy 63:947-9. 2008
- [Anaphylaxis in childhood and adolescence]H Ott
Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Hautarzt 58:1032-40. 2007..Affected patients, their relatives and other caregivers should receive extensive training in order to guarantee an adequate emergency management of anaphylactic children...
- Prospective evaluation of emerging bacteria in cystic fibrosisG Steinkamp
CF Centre Hamburg Altona and Clinical Research, Hannover, Germany
J Cyst Fibros 4:41-8. 2005..In this prospective, multi-centre study, we aimed to evaluate the occurrence of emerging bacteria and the physicians' assessments of the clinical importance of these findings...
- Allergy testing in children: why, who, when and how?A Høst
Allergy 58:559-69. 2003