Affiliation: University of Munich
- [Temporary balloon occlusion as therapy of uncontrollable arterial hemorrhage in multiple trauma patients]J Rieger
Abteilung für Radiologie, Ludwig Maximilian Universität, Munchen
Rofo 170:80-3. 1999..Presentation of temporary balloon occlusion as an interventional radiological method for managing hemorrhage in multiply injured patients with uncontrollable loss of blood...
- [Focal secondary malignant liver lesions: MnDPDP-enhanced MRT at 0.2 tesla vs. helical CT-arterioportography]J Rieger
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Standort Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen
Rofo 174:1402-7. 2002..Prospective evaluation of the efficacy of MnDPDP- enhanced MRI using an open low-field scanner for the detection of focal malignant liver lesions in comparison with helical CT- arterioportography (CT AP)...
- [Radiological diagnosis in acute craniocerebral trauma]J Rieger
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Pettenkoferstr 8a, 80336 Munchen
Radiologe 42:547-55. 2002..The indications for diagnostic imaging within the context of an interdisciplinary linkage of diagnostic and therapeutic measures are discussed...
- [Interdisciplinary interventional therapy for tracheobronchial stenosis with modern metal net stents]J Rieger
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Rofo 174:1009-14. 2002..Assessment of the therapeutic potential of tracheobronchial stenting for obstructive tracheobronchial disease, in-vivo comparison of different stent types and development of helpful criteria for choosing the suitable stent type...
- Gadolinium as an alternative contrast agent for diagnostic and interventional angiographic procedures in patients with impaired renal functionJohannes Rieger
Department of Radiology, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:824-8. 2002....
- [Structured radiologic diagnosis in polytrauma]U Linsenmaier
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum, Universitat Munchen, Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336 Munchen
Radiologe 42:533-40. 2002..Development of a concept for structured diagnostic imaging in patients with multiple trauma...
- [CT-guided aortic balloon occlusion in traumatic abdominal and pelvic bleeding]U Linsenmaier
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
Rofo 175:1259-63. 2003..To introduce a new interventional method for CT-guided aortic balloon occlusion in patients with life-threatening abdominal or pelvic bleeding...
- Stenting of the superficial femoral artery after suboptimal balloon angioplasty: one-year resultsT N Abahji
Division of Vascular Medicine, Medical Polyclinic, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Int Angiol 25:184-9. 2006..The aim of this study was to analyze the intermediate results of selective stenting of superficial femoral artery (SFA) lesions after a suboptimal balloon angioplasty result...
- [Stenting of the SFA--indications, techniques, results]J Rieger
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum Innenstadt der Ludwigs Maximilians Universität, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich
Radiologe 46:955-61. 2006....
- Visualization of bronchial lesions using multidetector CT and endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)Dorothea Kotsianos-Hermle
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Pettenkoferstrasse 8, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 12:84-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the diagnostic accuracy of high-resolution multidetector CT (MSCT) with that of endobronchial ultrasound with respect of detection and extension of the bronchial lesions...
- IT services in a completely digitized radiological department: value and benefit of an in-house departmental IT groupM Treitl
Department for Clinical Radiology, Downtown Campus, Clinical Center of the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 15:1485-92. 2005..In a small number of cases support by system manufacturers remains necessary...
- [Evaluation of spine boards for X-Ray diagnostics]U Linsenmaier
Institut für Klinische RadiologieKlinikum der Universität München, Innenstadt Ludwig Maximilians Universität München
Rofo 173:1041-7. 2001..Spine boards are frequently used in preclinical emergency care. Different models were examined with regard to their feasibility for plain film radiography and computed tomography (CT)...
- [Possibilities for workflow optimization in radiology departments beyond RIS and PACS]M Treitl
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Klinikum der Ludwigs Maximilians Universität München
Radiologe 45:712-23. 2005..Furthermore, we analyzed the effects exerted on departmental workflow by employment of this system for 3 years...
- Transcatheter coil embolization of an aneurysm of the pancreatico-duodenal artery with occluded celiac trunkC H Weber
Institute of Clinical Radiology, LMU Munich, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:259-61. 2005..Discussion of the case and review of the literature indicate that transcatheter embolization is the therapy of choice even in complicated cases...
- [Chronic critical ischemia of the lower leg: pretherapeutic imaging and methods for revascularization]M Treitl
Institut fur Klinische Radiologie, Innenstadt Klinikum der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Radiologe 46:962-72. 2006..Since endovascular procedures have undergone significant improvement in the last few years, the following review discusses methods for infrapopliteal revascularization taking into consideration the newest publications on this topic...
- Refractory Takayasu's arteritis successfully treated with the human, monoclonal anti-tumor necrosis factor antibody adalimumabF Tato
Department of Angiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Int Angiol 24:304-7. 2005..The present case, as well as previous reports on the use of infliximab in giant cell and Takayasu's arteries, suggests that TNFa-blockade may be a new, promising treatment for glucocorticoid-refractory large-vessel vasculitis...
- [Primary hypertrophic osteoarthropathy (Touraine-Solente-Golé syndrome)]M Toepfer
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 127:1013-6. 2002..In addition he suffered from marked whole-body sweating, especially of the hands and feet, as well as persistent pain in the limbs and joints...
- Renal artery stenosis: functional assessment with dynamic MR perfusion measurements--feasibility studyHenrik J Michaely
Institute of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals Grosshadern, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Radiology 238:586-96. 2006..To prospectively assess feasibility of renal magnetic resonance (MR) perfusion measurement method based on turbo fast low-angle shot sequences for grading effect of renal artery stenosis (RAS) on parenchymal perfusion...
- Tube stent-grafts for infrarenal aortic aneurysm: a matched-paired analysis based on EUROSTAR dataVolker Ruppert
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Klinikum Ingolstadt, Krumenauerstrasse 25, D 85049, Ingolstadt, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:611-8. 2007..We have performed a retrospective matched-paired analysis of the EUROSTAR registry regarding the outcome of tube vs. bifurcated stent-grafts for AAA. Tapered aortomonoiliac stent-grafts were not the objective of this study...
- Serum S-100B protein levels during and after successful carotid artery stenting or carotid endarterectomyThomas Mussack
Department of General Surgery, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 13:39-46. 2006....
- [Acute peripheral arterial occlusive disease]Romy Schumann
Abteilung für Angiologie und Phlebologie, Interne Klinik Dr Argirov, Berg
Med Klin (Munich) 102:457-71; quiz 472-3. 2007..Successful outcome is dependent on careful clinical assessment and a prompt multidisciplinary approach to revascularization...
- Hard disk online caches in picture archiving and communication systems archives: how big is beautiful?Stefan Wirth
Department of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:1847-53. 2006..A basic cache size covering actual imaging of 12 months up to 24 months is recommended. The parameters governing the individual dimensions of both cache spaces and a mathematical algorithm are demonstrated...
- Long-term results after primary stenting of distal aortic stenosisVolker Ruppert
Department of Vascular Surgery, Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University Munich Campus Innenstadt, Munich, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 13:229-36. 2006..To review the long-term results of primary stent placement in the distal aorta above the bifurcation...
- Risk-adapted outcome after endovascular aortic aneurysm repair: analysis of anesthesia types based on EUROSTAR dataVolker Ruppert
Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich, Campus Innenstadt, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 14:12-22. 2007..To compare anesthesia techniques in high-risk versus low-risk patients treated with endovascular aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR) with respect to outcomes...
- Comparison of angiography, duplex sonography and intravascular ultrasound for the graduation of femoropopliteal stenoses before and after balloon angioplastyFederico Tatò
Division of Vascular Medicine of the Medical Policlinic, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 32:1837-43. 2006..The concordance between duplex sonography, DSA and IVUS was particularly weak in postinterventional measurements, casting some doubt on the reliability of these methods for the assessment of residual stenosis after femoropopliteal PTA...
- High-spatial-resolution MR angiography of renal arteries with integrated parallel acquisitions: comparison with digital subtraction angiography and USStefan O Schoenberg
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Radiology 235:687-98. 2005....
- Whole-body computed tomography in polytrauma: techniques and managementUlrich Linsenmaier
Department of Radiology, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Innenstadt, Nussbaumstrasse 20, Germany
Eur Radiol 12:1728-40. 2002..If this is not possible, a CT can be integrated in the trauma room. Our hospital trauma registry contains over 2200 entries. A quality committee has been established and external quality control is implemented...
- High-resolution MR imaging of human atherosclerotic femoral arteries in vivo: validation with intravascular ultrasoundOliver A Meissner
Institute for Clinical Radiology, Cardiology Division, Division of Angiology, Munich, Germany
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:227-31. 2003..To establish a magnetic resonance (MR) imaging protocol for noninvasive in-vivo analysis of atherosclerotic femoral artery segments in humans and to compare the results to those of intravascular ultrasonography (IVUS)...
- Classification of calcaneal fractures by spiral computed tomography: implications for surgical treatmentUlrich Linsenmaier
Department of Radiology, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Nussbaumstrasse 20, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 13:2315-22. 2003..Spiral CT allowed fracture classification and quantification of relevant displacement of fragments by radiologists. The implemented recommendations for treatment were adopted by surgeons in most cases...
- Diagnosis of renal artery stenosis with magnetic resonance angiography: update 2003Stefan O Schoenberg
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:1252-6. 2003
- Renal MR angiography: current debates and developments in imaging of renal artery stenosisStefan O Schoenberg
Institute of Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 24:255-67. 2003..By making use of maximum spatial resolution and additional functional data, MRI permits accurate detection and grading of renal artery stenosis in most cases, with acceptable interobserver variability...
- A case of an upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to a ruptured dissection of a right aortic archChristine Born
Institute for Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:506-9. 2003..Noninvasive MSCT angiography gives rapid diagnostic information on patients with occult upper gastrointestinal bleeding and should be considered before more invasive conventional angiography or surgery...
- Endovascular aneurysm repair: Treatment of choice for abdominal aortic aneurysm coincident with horseshoe kidney? Three case reports and review of literatureVolker Ruppert
Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery Innenstadt, Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
J Vasc Surg 40:367-70. 2004....
- Treatment of benign and malignant tracheobronchial obstruction with metal wire stents: experience with a balloon-expandable and a self-expandable stent typeJohannes Rieger
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospitals of the Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich Ziemssenstr 1, 80336, Munchen, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:339-43. 2004..The mechanical properties of the Strecker stent seem to be less favorable compared to the Wallstent but removal is easy. For benign disease, however, the Wallstent reveals limitations due to significant side effects...
- Recurrent swelling of the left supraclavicular fossaUlrich Dendorfer
Department of Angiology, Medical Center of the University of Munich, Germany
Vasc Med 9:141-3. 2004
- Critical limb ischemia: hybrid MR angiography compared with DSAOliver A Meissner
Institute for Clinical Radiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Radiology 235:308-18. 2005..To compare a hybrid magnetic resonance (MR) angiography protocol with selective digital subtraction angiography (DSA) in patients with critical limb ischemia...
- Magnetic resonance imaging assessment of spinal inflammation in patients treated for ankylosing spondylitisMarcus Treitl
Department for Clinical Radiology, Clinical Centre of Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Rheumatol 35:126-36. 2008..To compare different magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) based algorithms for assessment of spinal inflammation in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS) being treated with disease modifying drugs...
- AML M1 presenting with recurrent acute large arterial vessel thromboembolismNicole Reisch
Department of Hematology Oncology, Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, University Hospital Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, D 80336 Munich, Germany
Leuk Res 31:869-71. 2007....
- Phase II trial of lomustine plus temozolomide chemotherapy in addition to radiotherapy in newly diagnosed glioblastoma: UKT-03Ulrich Herrlinger
Department of General Neurology, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:4412-7. 2006..To evaluate toxicity and efficacy of the combination of lomustine, temozolomide (TMZ) and involved-field radiotherapy in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma (GBM)...
- Human malignant glioma cells express semaphorins and their receptors, neuropilins and plexinsJohannes Rieger
Laboratory of Molecular Neuro Oncology, Department of Neurology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Glia 42:379-89. 2003....