Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Physiological characterization of gravitaxis in Euglena gracilisPeter Richter
Institute of Botany and Pharmaceutical Biology, Chair of Plant Ecophysiology, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen
J Gravit Physiol 9:P279-80. 2002....
- PAR and UV effects on vertical migration and photosynthesis in Euglena gracilisPeter Richter
Institut fur Biologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat, Erlangen, Germany
Photochem Photobiol 83:818-23. 2007..At the bottom the light intensity is lower (attenuation of the water column and self shading of the cells) and the cells recover. After recovery the cells swim upward again until the negative gravitaxis is reversed again...
- Chronic toxicity of a laundry detergent to the freshwater flagellate Euglena gracilisAzizullah Azizullah
Cell Biology Division, Department of Biology, Friedrich Alexander University, Staudtstr 5, 91058, Erlangen, Germany
Ecotoxicology 21:1957-64. 2012..gracilis. Furthermore, long-term tests with E. gracilis can be used as sensitive indicator for the toxicity assessment of laundry detergents in aquatic environments...
- Toxicity assessment of a common laundry detergent using the freshwater flagellate Euglena gracilisAzizullah Azizullah
Department of Biology, Division of Cell Biology, Friedrich Alexander University, Staudtstr 5, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Chemosphere 84:1392-400. 2011....
- Comparative toxicity of the pesticides carbofuran and malathion to the freshwater flagellate Euglena gracilisAzizullah Azizullah
Department of Biology, Cell Biology Division, Friedrich Alexander University, Staudtstrasse 5, 91058, Erlangen, Germany
Ecotoxicology 20:1442-54. 2011..The adverse effects of the pesticides were more pronounced during short-term than during long-term exposure...
- ECOTOX - biomonitoring based on real time movement analysis of unicellular organismsChristine Streb
Institute of Botany and Pharmaceutical Biology, Chair of Plant Ecophysiology, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany
J Gravit Physiol 9:P345-6. 2002....
- R3DE: Radiation Risk Radiometer-Dosimeter on the International Space Station--optical radiation data recorded during 18 months of EXPOSE-E exposure to open spaceMartin Schuster
Department of Biology, Cell Biology Division, Friedrich Alexander University, Staudtstrasse 5, Erlangen, Germany
Astrobiology 12:393-402. 2012..Observed effects in the samples were weighted by radiation doses measured by R3DE...
- Water pollution in Pakistan and its impact on public health--a reviewAzizullah Azizullah
Department of Biology, Friedrich Alexander University, Staudtstr 5, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Environ Int 37:479-97. 2011..The data presented in this review are extracted from various studies published in national and international journals. Also reports released by the government and non-governmental organizations are included...
- Molecular characterization of a calmodulin involved in the signal transduction chain of gravitaxis in Euglena gracilisViktor Daiker
Department of Biology, Plant Ecophysiology, Friedrich Alexander University, Erlangen, Germany
Planta 231:1229-36. 2010..This indicates that CaM.2 is an element in the signal transduction chain of gravitaxis in E. gracilis. The results are discussed with regard to the current working model of gravitaxis in E. gracilis...
- Effects of increased salinity on gravitaxis in Euglena gracilisPeter Richter
, , Staudtstr. 5, D-91058 Erlangen, Germany
J Plant Physiol 160:651-6. 2003..Additional investigations on the pigmentation, revealed that the cells showed a complete loss of a carotenoid shoulder in the spectrum, which reappeared when the cells were brought back to standard medium...