Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Subclinical Cushing's syndromeM Reincke
Medical Department, University of Freiburg, Germany
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 29:43-56. 2000..A large prospective randomized study is necessary to evaluate the benefits of surgery versus conservative treatment in patients with subclinical Cushing's syndrome...
- [Conn syndrome as cause of stubborn hypertension. Which hypertensives should you screen?]M Reincke
Abt Innere Medizin 2, Klinikum, Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg i Br
MMW Fortschr Med 145:37-40. 2003
- Role of the inhibin/activin system and luteinizing hormone in adrenocortical tumorigenesisF Beuschlein
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine II, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 36:392-6. 2004..In this review, we will summarize molecular and functional aspects of adrenal tumorigenesis and highlight some prospects for future clinical applications...
- [Autoimmune diseases: new developments in diagnosis and therapy]M Reincke
Medizinischen Klinik Innenstadt der LMU, Munchen
MMW Fortschr Med 148:29. 2006
- [Modern pharmacological aspects of hyperaldosteronism therapy]M Quinkler
Klinische Endokrinologie, Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie und Endokrinologie, Campus Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin
Internist (Berl) 47:953-9. 2006..The start of medication should be closely monitored by serum electrolyte and creatinine controls...
- [Transition clinics in endocrinology and diabetology for the chronically ill in Germany. A recent inquiry]M Lausch
Abteilung Nephrologie, Medizin IV, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1125-9. 2004..A nationwide system of transition clinics in Germany is actually not available, despite demands by physicians and patients...
- [Autoantibodies against islet cell antigens and type 1 diabetes after treatment with interferon-alpha]M Schories
Abteilung Innere Medizin II, Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie, Endokrinologie und Infektiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1120-4. 2004..The aim of this study was to study the appearance of autoantibodies against islet cells and the development of type 1 diabetes in patients with chronic hepatitis C during interferon treatment...
- [Diabetes, Conn syndrome and osteoporosis. What is new in diagnosis and therapy?]M Reincke
Endokrinologie Diabetologie, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg
MMW Fortschr Med 145:29. 2003
- Growth hormone receptor mRNA expression in non-functioning and somatotroph pituitary adenomas: implications for growth hormone substitution therapy?F Beuschlein
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism Department of Internal Medicine II, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität, Freiburg, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 113:214-8. 2005..Therefore, GH therapy should be carefully considered and patients on GH therapy kept under close observation...
- High diagnostic accuracy of adrenal core biopsy: results of the German and Austrian adrenal network multicenter trial in 220 consecutive patientsW Saeger
Institute of Pathology, Marienkrankenhaus, Hamburg, Germany
Hum Pathol 34:180-6. 2003..However, in clinical practice it remains to be shown whether the benefits of biopsy outweigh the risks of the procedure...
- [Therapy-resistant hypertension--the value of aldosterone antagonists]I Quack
Klinik für Nephrologie, Universitätsklinikum der Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf
MMW Fortschr Med 149:39-40. 2007....
- Discerning malignancy in adrenocortical tumors: are molecular markers useful?C Wachenfeld
Schwerpunkt Endokrinologie, Medizinische Universitätsklinik Würzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 145:335-41. 2001..Adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC) is a rare neoplasm with poor prognosis. Discerning ACCs from benign adenomas histologically may be difficult if invasion into surrounding tissues or metastases are missing...
- [Therapy-resistant hypertension--the endocrinological view]F Beuschlein
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen
MMW Fortschr Med 149:29-32. 2007..In addition to surgical treatment, specific pharmacotherapeutic measures for the prevention or follow-up treatment of excess adrenal hormones are available...
- [Obesity 2006]M Reincke
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen
MMW Fortschr Med 148:20-4. 2006..This means ignoring the approaching flood of costs associated with obesity, which will put a great strain our health system...
- Spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea in untreated macroprolactinoma--an indication for primary surgical therapyJ B Honegger
Klinik für Neurochirurgie, Universitätsklinik Tübingen, Germany
Zentralbl Neurochir 67:149-54. 2006..Only 8 cases of confirmed prolactinomas with spontaneous rhinorrhea have been reported in the literature so far...
- The German Acromegaly Registry: description of the database and initial resultsM Reincke
Medical Center, Division of Endocrinology, University of Munich
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 114:498-505. 2006..Data quality has been validated and shown to be satisfactory. Therefore, the registry will be a useful tool to study long-term morbidity and mortality in a large series of patients...
- Treatment with insulin glargine does not suppress serum IGF-1M Slawik
Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Diabetes Endocrinology, University Hospital Freiburg, Germany
Diabet Med 23:814-7. 2006..Assuming a higher binding affinity of insulin glargine to pituitary IGF-1 receptors, serum IGF-1 concentrations should decrease via negative feedback...
- [Substitution of thyroid hormones]R Gartner
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Universitat Munchen, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336, Munchen, Deutschland
Internist (Berl) 49:538, 540-4. 2008..The bioavailability of different Levothyroxin generics might change between 0.8 and 1.25. Therefore, the thyroid function of patients, receiving another brand of Levothyroxine has to be re-checked...
- [Treatment of adult men with congenital adrenal hyperplasia syndrome due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency]P Knape
Klinische Endokrinologie, Charite Campus Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:1025-9. 2008..A future system of regular follow-up visits and standardized therapy guidelines are essential to provide a better medical care and a higher quality of life for male patients with CAH...
- PET with 18F-DOPA in the imaging of parathyroid adenoma in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. A pilot studyA Lange-Nolde
Division of Nuclear Medicine, University Clinic Freiburg, Hugstetterstr 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Nuklearmedizin 45:193-6. 2006....
- Cytotoxic T-cell response against steroidogenic acute regulatory protein using DNA vaccination followed by vaccinia virus infection in a mouse adrenal carcinoma modelM Reincke
Medizinische Klinik Innenstadt, Klinikum der Maximilians Ludwigs Universität München, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 36:411-4. 2004..Our data demonstrate that vaccination failure, probably due to the low antigenicity of mStAR, is responsible for tumor growth in our model system...
- Steroid 21-hydroxylase mutations and 21-hydroxylase messenger ribonucleic acid expression in human adrenocortical tumorsF Beuschlein
Abt Innere Medizin II, Klinikum der Albert Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:2585-8. 1998..The pathophysiological significance of this finding in the presence of one normal CYP21B gene seems to be low, suggesting that 21-hydroxylase deficiency is not a major predisposing factor for adrenal tumor formation...
- DAX-1 expression in human adrenocortical neoplasms: implications for steroidogenesisM Reincke
Department of Medicine II, University of Freiburg, FRG
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:2597-600. 1998..These effects on steroidogenesis are mediated by mechanisms other than repression of StAR gene expression. Our results indicate that DAX-1 may be one of the factors influencing the steroid biosynthesis of adrenocortical neoplasms...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor and ACTH receptor expression in human adrenocortical neoplasmsB Schubert
Schwerpunkt Endokrinologie, Department of Medicine, , Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 54:627-32. 2001..The predominant receptor expressed in adrenocortical tumours is the Angiotensin II type 1 receptor whereas type 2 receptor expression is minimal...
- Expression of HER-2/neu receptor protein in adrenal tumorsW Saeger
Institute of Pathology of the Marienkrankenhaus Hamburg, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 198:445-8. 2002..The granular cytoplasmic immunostaining of the medulla may be helpful for differentiation of adrenocortical tumors from pheochromocytomas...
- Autonomic failure mimicing dopamine agonist induced vertigo in a patient with macroprolactinomaL Seiler
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Freiburg, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 110:364-9. 2002..s.) and etilephrin (10 mg q.d.s.), which enabled him to cope with daily activities without syncope. This case shows that vertigo in a patient with macroprolactinoma is not always related to drug therapy but may be related to other causes...
- Oral administration of the growth hormone secretagogue NN703 in adult patients with growth hormone deficiencyJ Svensson
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 58:572-80. 2003..Little is known of the usefulness of GH secretagogues (GHSs) in GH-deficient (GHD) adults. The objective of this study was to determine the number of responders to treatment with NN703 in GHD adults...
- [Acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding as initial manifestation of a gastrointestinal stromal tumor]O Zwermann
Abteilung Innere Medizin II, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:360-3. 2004..An 80-years-old man was admitted to our clinic because of upper gastrointestinal bleeding with tarry stool for 3 days after taking non steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAID) for back pain. The history was otherwise unremarkable...
- [Prevention and treatment of metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Medical and political responsibility for the health of the next generation]T Danne
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 129:1119. 2004
- Adrenocorticotropin receptor and adrenal disordersB Allolio
Schwerpunkt Endokrinologie, Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Wurzburg, Deutschland
Horm Res 47:273-8. 1997..No correlation between ACTH receptor mRNA expression and circulating ACTH levels has been found in patients with adrenal disorders casting doubts on the physiological significance of ACTH receptor upregulation by its own ligand in vivo...
- The role of the ACTH receptor in adrenal tumors: identification of a novel microsatellite markerO Zwermann
Division of Endocrinology, Department Internal Medicine 2, Clinic of the Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 36:406-10. 2004..However, whether the ACTHR is directly involved in tumor growth or acts a marker of differentiation that is lost in more advanced tumor stages is still not clear...
- [Typ 2 diabetes: glucose centered therapy is obsolete]M Reincke
MMW Fortschr Med 150:26-7. 2008