Affiliation: University of Leipzig
- Expression of bone morphogenetic protein 2 in breast cancer cells inhibits hypoxic cell deathMartin Raida
University Hospital of Leipzig, Department of Hematology and Oncology, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Int J Oncol 26:1465-70. 2005..We conclude that BMP-2/4 expression is reactivated in invasive breast cancer and part of an autocrine/paracrine mechanism rescuing malignant cells from hypoxic cell death via activation of the MAPK and Id-1 pathway...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) and induction of tumor angiogenesisMartin Raida
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Leipzig, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:741-50. 2005..In this study we investigated a possible role of BMP-2 in the promotion of tumor angiogenesis...
- Circulating endothelial progenitor cells are inversely correlated with the median oxygen tension in the tumor tissue of patients with cervical cancerM Raida
Department of Hematology Oncology, University of Leipzig, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Oncol Rep 16:597-601. 2006..We conclude that the fraction of EPCs should be further evaluated as a useful and convenient marker in the prediction of tumor tissue oxygenation...
- Role of bone morphogenetic protein 2 in the crosstalk between endothelial progenitor cells and mesenchymal stem cellsM Raida
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Leipzig, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Int J Mol Med 18:735-9. 2006....
- Allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) following reduced-intensity conditioning in patients with acute leukemiasDietger Niederwieser
Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Leipzig, Johannisallee 32 A, D 4103 Leipzig, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 56:275-81. 2005..Prospective-controlled clinical trials are needed in younger patients to compare results of HCT after reduced-intensity conditioning to those of HCT with conventional conditioning...
- Anoxic induction of ATF-4 through HIF-1-independent pathways of protein stabilization in human cancer cellsKurosh Ameri
Cancer Research UK, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Blood 103:1876-82. 2004..Thus, this study demonstrates a novel HIF-1alpha-independent anoxic mechanism that regulates ATF-4 induction at the protein stability level in tumor cells...
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) induces in vitro invasion and in vivo hormone independent growth of breast carcinoma cellsJoachim H Clement
Department of Internal Medicine II, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Int J Oncol 27:401-7. 2005..In conclusion elevated levels of BMP-2 enhance the tumorigenic properties of breast carcinoma cells and drive the cells towards a more aggressive phenotype with estrogen independent growth...