Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- DNA methylation is not likely to be responsible for aggrecan down regulation in aged or osteoarthritic cartilageE Poschl
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Glückstr 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 64:477-80. 2005..Expression of aggrecan is reduced during aging and osteoarthritic cartilage degeneration. CpG methylation may have a role in the down regulation of aggrecan transcriptions...
- Collagen IV is essential for basement membrane stability but dispensable for initiation of its assembly during early developmentErnst Poschl
Department of Experimental Medicine I, University Erlangen Nurnberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Development 131:1619-28. 2004....
- BAC constructs in transgenic reporter mouse lines control efficient and specific LacZ expression in hypertrophic chondrocytes under the complete Col10a1 promoterSonja Gebhard
Department of Experimental Medicine I, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center of Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glueckstr 6, 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 127:183-94. 2007..The Col10a1 specific BAC recombination vector described here will enable the specific analysis of effector gene functions in hypertrophic cartilage during skeletal development, endochondral ossification, and fracture callus healing...
- Twisted gastrulation modulates bone morphogenetic protein-induced collagen II and X expression in chondrocytes in vitro and in vivoMartina Schmidl
Department of Experimental Medicine I, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center of Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:31790-800. 2006..The data suggest that TSG is an important modulator of BMP-regulated cartilage development and chondrocyte differentiation...
- Distinct acidic clusters and hydrophobic residues in the alternative splice domains X1 and X2 of alpha7 integrins define specificity for laminin isoformsHelga von der Mark
Department of Experimental Medicine I, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center of Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuernberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Mol Biol 371:1188-203. 2007..In conclusion, specific surface epitopes containing charged and hydrophobic residues are essential for ligand binding and define specific interactions with laminin isoforms...
- A highly conserved enhancer in mammalian type X collagen genes drives high levels of tissue-specific expression in hypertrophic cartilage in vitro and in vivoSonja Gebhard
Department of Experimental Medicine I, Nikolaus Fiebiger Center of Molecular Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glueckstr 6, D 91054, Germany
Matrix Biol 23:309-22. 2004..These established transgenic lines should facilitate the genetic analysis of regulatory pathways of chondrocyte maturation and Col10a1 gene expression in the future...
- Differential gene expression in pseudoexfoliation syndromeMatthias Zenkel
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3742-52. 2005..To identify and characterize genes differentially expressed in anterior segment tissues of eyes with pseudoexfoliation (PEX) syndrome and glaucoma...
- The NC1 domain of human collagen IV is necessary to initiate triple helix formationStephan Soder
Osteoarticular and Arthritis Research, Department of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:276-80. 2004..Additionally, we could show that the human alpha2(IV) chain can form chimeric alpha1.alpha1.alpha2(IV) heterotrimers with mouse subunits when expressed in PF-HR9 cells...
- Role of c-fos in the regulation of type X collagen gene expression by PTH and PTHrP: localization of a PTH/PTHrP-responsive region in the human COL10A1 enhancerSilvia Riemer
Department of Experimental Medicine I, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
J Cell Biochem 86:688-99. 2002..These results indicate the presence of a PTH/PTHrP responsive element in the human COL10A1 enhancer, which may be represented by multiple putative AP-1 sites located in this region...
- SOX9 expression does not correlate with type II collagen expression in adult articular chondrocytesThomas Aigner
Cartilage Research, Department of Pathology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstrasse 8 10, Erlangen 91504, Germany
Matrix Biol 22:363-72. 2003..However, SOX9 might still be involved in maintaining the chondrocytic phenotype in normal and osteoarthritic cartilage...
- The role of annexin A5 in the modulation of the immune response against dying and dead cellsLuis E Munoz
Institute for Clinical Immunology and Exp Medicine I, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glückstrasse 4a and 6, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Curr Med Chem 14:271-7. 2007..Taken together, annexin A5 is an important modulator of the immune response against PS-exposing particles like apoptotic cells, necrotic cells, and certain viruses...
- Alternative splice variants of alpha 7 beta 1 integrin selectively recognize different laminin isoformsHelga von der Mark
Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Nikolaus Fiebiger Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin, Department of Experimental Medicine I, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:6012-6. 2002....
- The influence on the immunomodulatory effects of dying and dead cells of Annexin VLuis E Munoz
Institute for Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicne 3, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Glueckstrasse 4a, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 81:6-14. 2007..From the experiments presented above, we conclude that AxV influences the clearance of several PS-exposing particles such as viruses, dying, and dead cells...