Paul Lukas Plener
Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Traumatic events and suicidality in a German adolescent community samplePaul L Plener
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr 5, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
J Trauma Stress 24:121-4. 2011..Sexual victimization seems to be especially linked to a risk for suicide attempts during adolescence. Screening for students at risk for developing suicidality should include assessment of traumatic events...
- Adolescent non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) in German-speaking countries: comparing prevalence rates from three community samplesPaul L Plener
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1439-45. 2013..To date, there are few studies that compare rates of adolescent NSSI between different countries. Thus far no prevalence rates of adolescent NSSI have been reported for Austrian or Swiss community samples...
- [The psychopharmacological treatment of depressive disorders in childhood and adolescence - developments and standards since the «black box» warning]Paul L Plener
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitat Ulm
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 40:365-71. 2012..In Germany, there is proof for a trend toward a more evidence-based psychopharmacological treatment approach within recent years...
- International prevalence of adolescent non-suicidal self-injury and deliberate self-harmJennifer J Muehlenkamp
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, UW Eau Claire, 105 Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54702, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 6:10. 2012..abstract:..
- [Non-suicidal self-injury as autonomous diagnosis - implications for research and clinic of the DSM-5 proposal to establish the diagnosis of Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in adolescents]Paul L Plener
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitat Ulm, Ulm
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 40:113-20. 2012..A precise classification of Non-Suicidal Self-Injury based on empirical research is needed to further the research, treatment, and prevention of this diagnosis...
- [Assessment of suicidal ideation in adolescents: comparison of two instruments]Paul L Plener
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Ulm
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 61:4-15. 2012..The observed rates are comparable with other studies in adolescents; differences arise with varying study designs...
- An international comparison of adolescent non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) and suicide attempts: Germany and the USAP L Plener
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Germany
Psychol Med 39:1549-58. 2009....
- [Nonsuicidal self-injury in adolescence]Paul Lukas Plener
Klinik f Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitat Ulm, Ulm
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 38:77-88; quiz 88-9. 2010..There is little evidence for psychopharmacological interventions in childhood and adolescence; thus treatment should focus on psychotherapeutic interventions...