Paul Lukas Plener
Affiliation: University of Ulm
- Traumatic events and suicidality in a German adolescent community samplePaul L Plener
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Steinhoevelstr 5, D 89075 Ulm, Germany
J Trauma Stress 24:121-4. 2011..Sexual victimization seems to be especially linked to a risk for suicide attempts during adolescence. Screening for students at risk for developing suicidality should include assessment of traumatic events...
- The German version of the self-injurious thoughts and behaviors interview (SITBI-G): a tool to assess non-suicidal self-injury and suicidal behavior disorderGloria Fischer
Section for Disorders of Personality Development, Clinic of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Centre of Psychosocial Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Blumenstrasse 8, Heidelberg 69115, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 14:265. 2014..In the present study the psychometric properties of the German version of the SITBI (SITBI-G) were assessed. We also evaluated whether SITBI-G is a reliable and valid instrument to establish diagnoses of NSSI and SBD...
- Why alternative teenagers self-harm: exploring the link between non-suicidal self-injury, attempted suicide and adolescent identityRobert Young
MRC Social and Public Health Sciences Unit, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8RZ, Scotland
BMC Psychiatry 14:137. 2014..NSSI has autonomic (it reduces negative emotions) and social (it communicates distress or facilitates group 'bonding') functions. This study explores the links between such aspects of self-harm, primarily NSSI, and youth subculture...
- Adolescent non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) in German-speaking countries: comparing prevalence rates from three community samplesPaul L Plener
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1439-45. 2013..To date, there are few studies that compare rates of adolescent NSSI between different countries. Thus far no prevalence rates of adolescent NSSI have been reported for Austrian or Swiss community samples...
- [The psychopharmacological treatment of depressive disorders in childhood and adolescence - developments and standards since the «black box» warning]Paul L Plener
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitat Ulm
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 40:365-71. 2012..In Germany, there is proof for a trend toward a more evidence-based psychopharmacological treatment approach within recent years...
- International prevalence of adolescent non-suicidal self-injury and deliberate self-harmJennifer J Muehlenkamp
Department of Psychology, University of Wisconsin, UW Eau Claire, 105 Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54702, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 6:10. 2012..abstract:..
- [Non-suicidal self-injury as autonomous diagnosis - implications for research and clinic of the DSM-5 proposal to establish the diagnosis of Non-Suicidal Self-Injury in adolescents]Paul L Plener
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitat Ulm, Ulm
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 40:113-20. 2012..A precise classification of Non-Suicidal Self-Injury based on empirical research is needed to further the research, treatment, and prevention of this diagnosis...
- [Assessment of suicidal ideation in adolescents: comparison of two instruments]Paul L Plener
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Ulm
Prax Kinderpsychol Kinderpsychiatr 61:4-15. 2012..The observed rates are comparable with other studies in adolescents; differences arise with varying study designs...
- [Nonsuicidal self-injury in adolescence]Paul Lukas Plener
Klinik f Kinder und Jugendpsychiatrie und Psychotherapie, Universitat Ulm, Ulm
Z Kinder Jugendpsychiatr Psychother 38:77-88; quiz 88-9. 2010..There is little evidence for psychopharmacological interventions in childhood and adolescence; thus treatment should focus on psychotherapeutic interventions...
- An international comparison of adolescent non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) and suicide attempts: Germany and the USAP L Plener
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Ulm, Germany
Psychol Med 39:1549-58. 2009....