Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- [Personalized neurooncology]M Platten
Abteilung Neuroonkologie, Neurologische Klinik und Nationales Zentrum für Tumorerkrankungen, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 84:937-42. 2013..This article illustrates the current developments in the area of personalized neurooncology and critically reviews the impact on clinical decision-making in daily practice. ..
- Painful neuropathy due to intraneural leukemic spread in a patient with acute myeloid leukemiaM Platten
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neurology 69:707. 2007
- [Treatment of brain tumor patients: hyperthermia, hyperbaric oxygenation, electric fields or nanoparticles]M Platten
Abteilung Neuroonkologie, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 83:982-7. 2012..In this review we review these clinical therapeutic approaches...
- Does age matter? - A MRI study on peritumoral edema in newly diagnosed primary glioblastomaClemens Seidel
Department of Neurooncology University Clinic Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:127. 2011..As older age is a negative prognostic marker and as VEGF expression is reported to be increased in primary glioblastoma of older patients, age-related differences in the extent of peritumoral edema have been assessed...
- [Neuroradiological response criteria for malignant gliomas]M Bendszus
Abteilung Neuroonkologie, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 81:950-5. 2010..Thus both neuroradiologists and neurologists/neurooncologists need to be aware of and experienced in applying these criteria when treating patients with malignant gliomas to be able to correctly assess the response to therapy...
- Tryptophan degradation in autoimmune diseasesC A Opitz
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2542-63. 2007..Possible therapeutic approaches for autoimmune disorders targeting Trp degradation are presented, and key issues relevant for the development of such therapeutic strategies are discussed...
- Primary cerebral non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis: MRI and differential diagnosisU Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, German
Neuroradiology 44:759-63. 2002..Whereas the cutaneous form of juvenile xanthogranuloma is usually benign and self-limited, central nervous system involvement is associated with high morbidity and mortality and might therefore be considered a separate clinical entity...