Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Microenvironmental clues for glioma immunotherapyMichael Platten
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital Heidelberg and National Center for Tumor Diseases, German Cancer Consortium DKTK Clinical Cooperation Units, Im Neuenheimer Feld, Heidelberg, Germany
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 14:440. 2014..Here we review the current clinical and preclinical evidence of antimicroenvironment immunotherapeutic strategies in gliomas. ..
- [Clinically isolated syndrome]M Platten
Abteilung Neuroonkologie, Neurologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 84:1247-59. 2013..Additionally, recommendations are given regarding the management of radiologically isolated syndrome (RIS) an imaging-based diagnosis of a potential preclinical stage of MS. ..
- Tryptophan catabolism in cancer: beyond IDO and tryptophan depletionMichael Platten
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital Heidelberg, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 72:5435-40. 2012..This review summarizes the exciting developments in our understanding of tryptophan catabolism as a key factor in the immunobiology of cancer...
- [Personalized neurooncology]M Platten
Abteilung Neuroonkologie, Neurologische Klinik und Nationales Zentrum für Tumorerkrankungen, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 84:937-42. 2013..This article illustrates the current developments in the area of personalized neurooncology and critically reviews the impact on clinical decision-making in daily practice. ..
- [Treatment of brain tumor patients: hyperthermia, hyperbaric oxygenation, electric fields or nanoparticles]M Platten
Abteilung Neuroonkologie, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 83:982-7. 2012..In this review we review these clinical therapeutic approaches...
- Painful neuropathy due to intraneural leukemic spread in a patient with acute myeloid leukemiaM Platten
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Neurology 69:707. 2007
- Does age matter? - A MRI study on peritumoral edema in newly diagnosed primary glioblastomaClemens Seidel
Department of Neurooncology University Clinic Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:127. 2011..As older age is a negative prognostic marker and as VEGF expression is reported to be increased in primary glioblastoma of older patients, age-related differences in the extent of peritumoral edema have been assessed...
- [Neuroradiological response criteria for malignant gliomas]M Bendszus
Abteilung Neuroonkologie, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 81:950-5. 2010..Thus both neuroradiologists and neurologists/neurooncologists need to be aware of and experienced in applying these criteria when treating patients with malignant gliomas to be able to correctly assess the response to therapy...
- Tryptophan degradation in autoimmune diseasesC A Opitz
Department of Neurooncology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 64:2542-63. 2007..Possible therapeutic approaches for autoimmune disorders targeting Trp degradation are presented, and key issues relevant for the development of such therapeutic strategies are discussed...
- Primary cerebral non-Langerhans cell histiocytosis: MRI and differential diagnosisU Ernemann
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3, 72076 Tubingen, German
Neuroradiology 44:759-63. 2002..Whereas the cutaneous form of juvenile xanthogranuloma is usually benign and self-limited, central nervous system involvement is associated with high morbidity and mortality and might therefore be considered a separate clinical entity...