Affiliation: University of Greifswald
- Single-port versus standard laparoscopic resection for a gastric benign tumor in gastroscopic-laparoscopic rendezvous procedures using a laser-supported diaphanoscopyMaciej Patrzyk
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Universitatsmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 23:400-5. 2013..The single-port technique was found to be a feasible option for the resection of submucosal or mucosal tumors. However, this method is not intended to replace standard laparoscopic resections. ..
- Improved laparoscopic treatment of symptomatic urachal anomaliesMaciej Patrzyk
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Ferdinand Sauerbruch Strasse, 17575, Greifswald, Germany
World J Urol 31:1475-81. 2013..In this single-centre study, we evaluated the laparoscopic approach of excision of the urachus leaving the umbilicus untouched...
- L-Carnitine-supplementation in advanced pancreatic cancer (CARPAN)--a randomized multicentre trialMatthias Kraft
Department of Medicine A, University Medicine Greifswald, Friedrich Löffler Straße 23a, Greifswald 17475, Germany
Nutr J 11:52. 2012..Cachexia, a >10% loss of body-weight, is one factor determining the poor prognosis of pancreatic cancer. Deficiency of L-Carnitine has been proposed to cause cancer cachexia...
- [Therapy of pancreatic pseudocysts: endoscopy versus surgery]M Patrzyk
Abteilung für Allgemeine Chirurgie, Viszeral, Thorax und Gefäßchirurgie, Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Universitätsmedizin Greifswald, Ferdinand Sauerbruch Straße, 17475, Greifswald, Deutschland
Chirurg 84:117-24. 2013..In summary, pancreatic pseudocysts require a reliable diagnostic approach with a multidisciplinary professional management involving gastroenterologists and surgeons...
- Laparoscopic partial splenectomy using a detachable clamp with and without partial splenic embolisationMaciej Patrzyk
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Universitatsklinikum, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Friedrich Loeffler Strasse 23b, Greifswald, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 396:397-402. 2011..Yet, laparoscopic partial splenectomies are still rarely described possibly due to difficulties in controlling intra-operative parenchymal bleeding during splenic transection...
- Single-incision laparoscopic surgery as an option for the laparoscopic resection of an urachal fistula: first description of the surgical techniqueMaciej Patrzyk
Department of Surgery, Clinic of General, Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Hospital, Greifswald, Germany
Surg Endosc 24:2339-42. 2010..Persistent urachal sinuses or fistulas are rare but may potentially cause various symptoms and lead to repeated operations. Both laparoscopic and open surgery have been used for the resection of the urachus...
- Laser-supported diaphanoscopy: an innovative technique for locating gastric stromal tumors in gastroscopic-laparoscopic rendezvous: a case seriesM Patrzyk
Department of Surgery, Universitätsklinikum Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Endoscopy 41:1090-4. 2009..This new and effective technique facilitates precise locating of gastric GISTs leading to exact and tissue-sparing transmural laparoscopic resections...
- Laser-supported diaphanoscopy: a new technique in laparoscopic-endoscopic rendezvous procedures allowing better and more tissue-sparing tumor resection than wedge resectionM Patrzyk
Department of Surgery, Clinic of General Surgery, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Hospital, Friedrich Loeffler Str 23b, 17489, Greifswald, Germany
Surg Endosc 25:2023-8. 2011..Also, they are too expensive or too complex for an easy surgical approach. Furthermore, the standard wedge resection often sacrifices too much healthy tissue...
- In vivo evaluation of copper release and acute local tissue reactions after implantation of copper-coated titanium implants in ratsAndreas Hoene
Department of Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Ferdinand Sauerbruch Str, D 17489 Greifswald, Germany
Biomed Mater 8:035009. 2013..Altogether, Ti-Cu samples possessed antibacterial effectiveness in vitro, released measurable Cu amounts in vivo and caused a moderately increased local inflammatory response, demonstrating anti-infective potential of Cu coatings...
- Time course of fibronectin in the peri-implant tissue and neointima formation after functional implantation of polyester-based vascular prostheses with different porosity in pigsMaciej Patrzyk
Department of Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Friedrich Loeffler Str 23, D 17489 Greifswald, Germany
Biomed Mater 5:055003. 2010..The results indicate a relationship between fibronectin and neointima formation with the prosthesis porosity, demonstrating the importance of the textile design for tissue reactions following implantation...
- Systemic IFNγ predicts local implant macrophage responseAndreas Hoene
Department of Surgery, University Medical Center Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 26:131. 2015..In contrast, low early IFNγ serum concentrations were correlated with low late monocyte/ macrophage numbers...
- Evaluation of short-term and long-term results after laparoscopic antireflux surgery: esophageal manometry and 24-h pH monitoring versus quality of life indexKatarzyna Blazejczyk
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Universitatsmedizin, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Ferdinand Sauerbruchstr, 17457, Greifswald, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 398:1107-14. 2013..The objective of this long-term study is to compare data on postoperative quality of life with objective functional measurements in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease who have undergone laparoscopic antireflux surgery...
- Laparoscopic appendectomy using a single polymeric clip to close the appendicular stumpLars Ivo Partecke
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic, and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:1077-82. 2010....
- Immune response against polyester implants is influenced by the coating substancesLutz Wilhelm
Department of Surgery, University of Greifswald, Greifswald D 17487, Germany
J Biomed Mater Res A 83:104-13. 2007..Our results showed a specific immune reaction as a result of the applied polymer, which varied due to the surface-coating and individual factors...
- [Gastric schwannoma: a "typical" clinical course?]W Kessler
Klinik für Allgemeine Chirurgie, Viszeral, Thorax und Gefasschirurgie, Ernst Moritz Arndt Universitat, Friedrich Loeffler Strasse 23b, 17475, Greifswald, Deutschland
Chirurg 80:62-4. 2009..We describe the procedure using the example of a gastric schwannoma that was found incidentally. The leading symptom was perforation of a peptic stomach ulcer...
- In vivo examination of the local inflammatory response after implantation of Ti6Al4V samples with a combined low-temperature plasma treatment using pulsed magnetron sputtering of copper and plasma-polymerized ethylenediamineAndreas Hoene
Department of Surgery, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
J Mater Sci Mater Med 24:761-71. 2013..Ti6Al4V-Ti/Cu-PPEDA differed from Ti6Al4V only for mast cells on day 56. Altogether, implants with both plasma treatments had antibacterial properties and did not increase inflammatory reactions...
- Digital image analysis for morphometric evaluation of tissue response after implanting alloplastic vascular prosthesesRoland Zippel
Department of Surgery, Hospital Riesa Grossenhain, D 01589 Riesa, Germany
Microsc Microanal 12:366-75. 2006..9 microm on day 14 to 1228.0 microm on day 116. In conclusion, digital image analysis was found to be an efficient and reproducible method for the morphometric evaluation of a peri-prosthetic tissue response...
- The value of endoscopic diagnosis and the treatment of pancreas injuries following blunt abdominal traumaA Wolf
Department of Endoscopy and Sonography, Clinic of Surgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Surg Endosc 19:665-9. 2005..Many pancreatic lesions remain unnoticed at first and only become apparent when complications arise or during treatment of other injuries. The mortality rate is between 12 and 30%, and if treatment is delayed it is as high as 60%...