H M Olbrich
Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Frontolimbic glutamate alterations in first episode schizophrenia: evidence from a magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyHans M Olbrich
Section for Experimental NeuroPsychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 9:59-63. 2008..Absolute-quantification [1H]MRS can reveal glutamatergic abnormalities which might play an important role in the pathogenesis and course of schizophrenia...
- Event-related potential correlates selectively reflect cognitive dysfunction in schizophrenicsH M Olbrich
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
J Neural Transm 112:283-95. 2005..A significantly reduced P3ng enhancement, found in schizophrenics, probably reflects their impaired response control...
- Auditory and visual event-related potentials in alcoholics: abnormalities of components and brain electrical fieldH M Olbrich
Psychiatric University Clinic, Freiburg, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 250:215-20. 2000..Abnormalities of N1 amplitude and P3 topography similar to the current findings in alcoholics have previously been described for schizophrenics...
- Assessing cerebral dysfunction with probe-evoked potentials in a CNV task -- a study in alcoholicsHans M Olbrich
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 5, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 113:815-25. 2002..Focussing on slow waves (SWs) and on patients with mild cerebral dysfunction, we recorded ERPs in alcoholics using a dual task design...
- Brain activation during craving for alcohol measured by positron emission tomographyHans M Olbrich
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Freiburg Medical School, Germany
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 40:171-8. 2006..Craving for alcohol is probably involved in acquisition and maintenance of alcohol dependence to a substantial degree. However, the brain substrates and mechanisms that underlie alcohol craving await more detailed elucidation...
- Increased prefrontal and hippocampal glutamate concentration in schizophrenia: evidence from a magnetic resonance spectroscopy studyLudger Tebartz van Elst
Department for Psychiatry, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 58:724-30. 2005....
- Psychobiological responses to drug cues before and after methadone intake in heroin-dependent patients: a pilot studyMarc Walter
Psychiatric University Clinics, Division of Substance Use Disorders, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:390-3. 2008..Patients displayed blunted cortisol response after post-methadone drug cues (t=3.05, p=0.008) suggesting dissociated craving and cortisol reactivity after methadone intake of possible clinical relevance...