Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
Location: , Germany
- PKA/AKAP/VR-1 module: A common link of Gs-mediated signaling to thermal hyperalgesiaParvinder Kaur Rathee
Institute of Physiology, Department of Anaesthesiology, University of Erlangen, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Neurosci 22:4740-5. 2002..Thus, the PKA/AKAP/VR-1 module presents as the molecular correlate of G(s)-mediated inflammatory hyperalgesia...
- Nerve growth factor-evoked nociceptor sensitization in pig skin in vivoRoman Rukwied
University Clinics of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
J Neurosci Res 88:2066-72. 2010..Thus, long-lasting sensitization processes of nociceptor endings or axonal sodium channel desensitization mechanisms can be explored in the pig as a translational experimental animal model...
- NGF enhances electrically induced pain, but not axon reflex sweatingOtilia Obreja
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, Mannheim 68167, Germany
Pain 152:1856-63. 2011..4%). In summary, axonal sensitization of nociceptors by NGF could underlie the hyperalgesia to electrical stimulation. Enhanced responses were limited to nociceptors, as no sensitization was found in sympathetic efferent neurons...
- NGF induces non-inflammatory localized and lasting mechanical and thermal hypersensitivity in human skinRoman Rukwied
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine Mannheim, Heidelberg University, Germany
Pain 148:407-13. 2010..Intradermal NGF administration provokes a pattern of sensitization that can be used as experimental model for neuropathic pain...
- Patterns of activity-dependent conduction velocity changes differentiate classes of unmyelinated mechano-insensitive afferents including cold nociceptors, in pig and in humanOtilia Obreja
Department of Anesthesiology Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Pain 148:59-69. 2010..Notably, cold nociceptors with a distinct ADS pattern were first detected in pig. Our results therefore suggest that the pig is a suitable model to study nociceptor class-specific changes of ADS...
- Single-fiber recordings of unmyelinated afferents in pigOtilia Obreja
Dept Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68137 Mannheim, Germany
Neurosci Lett 470:175-9. 2010..It is suggested that the pig is an attractive model for studying modulation of excitability in nociceptive and non-nociceptive C-fiber classes that correspond to those in man...
- Comparison of electrically induced flare response patterns in human and pig skinM Dusch
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Medicine Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167, Mannheim, Germany
Inflamm Res 58:639-48. 2009..We compared the characteristics of neurogenic flare responses in human and pig skin to establish a translational research animal model...
- A subpopulation of capsaicin-sensitive porcine dorsal root ganglion neurons is lacking hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channelsOtilia Obreja
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Eur J Pain 12:775-89. 2008..In conclusion, in porcine dorsal root ganglion neurons there is a subset of capsaicin-positive, IB4-negative neurons lacking HCN-1 and/or HCN-2 channel isoforms...
- Potentiation of nociceptive responses to low pH injections in humans by prostaglandin E2Roman Rukwied
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Clinical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
J Pain 8:443-51. 2007..Intriguingly, when compared with skin, muscle pain was significantly lower in the initial phase (0 to 15 seconds) but significantly higher in the second phase (20 to 100 seconds after injection)...
- Neurogenic components of trypsin- and thrombin-induced inflammation in rat skin, in vivoOtilia Obreja
Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Medicine Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Exp Dermatol 15:58-65. 2006..Thrombin-induced PE and VD are mediated mainly by a non-neurogenic mechanism...
- Fast modulation of heat-activated ionic current by proinflammatory interleukin 6 in rat sensory neuronsO Obreja
Institut fur Physiologie und Experimentelle Pathophysiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat, Erlangen Nurnberg, Germany
Brain 128:1634-41. 2005..Together, the results suggest that IL-6-sIL-6R acts directly on sensory neurons. It increases their susceptibility to noxious heat via the gp130/Jak/PKCdelta signalling pathway...
- Fast Ca2+-induced potentiation of heat-activated ionic currents requires cAMP/PKA signaling and functional AKAP anchoringC Distler
Institute of Physiology and Experimental Pathophysiology, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Neurophysiol 89:2499-505. 2003..This calcium-dependent pathway can account for the sensitizing properties of many excitatory mediators that activate cationic membrane currents...
- The inflammatory mediators serotonin, prostaglandin E2 and bradykinin evoke calcium influx in rat sensory neuronsO Linhart
Institut fur Physiologie und Experimentelle Pathophysiologie, Universitaetsstrasse 17, D 91054, Erlangen, Germany
Neuroscience 118:69-74. 2003..However, they do not utilize a calcium-dependent cooperative mechanism to facilitate proton-induced currents...
- IL-1 beta potentiates heat-activated currents in rat sensory neurons: involvement of IL-1RI, tyrosine kinase, and protein kinase COtilia Obreja
Institut fuer Physiologie und Experimentelle Pathophysiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitaet, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
FASEB J 16:1497-503. 2002..IL-1 beta acts on sensory neurons to increase their susceptibility for noxious heat via an IL-1RI/PTK/PKC-dependent mechanism...
- Interleukin-6 in combination with its soluble IL-6 receptor sensitises rat skin nociceptors to heat, in vivoOtilia Obreja
Institut fur Physiologie und Experimentelle Pathophysiologie, Universitatsstrasse 17, Erlangen, Germany
Pain 96:57-62. 2002....
- The differential effects of two sodium channel modulators on the conductive properties of C-fibers in pig skin in vivoOtilia Obreja
Department of Anesthesiology and Operative Intensive Care, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
Anesth Analg 115:560-71. 2012....