Rüdiger R Noppens
Affiliation: University of Mainz
- [Airway management in a patient with immobilized cervical spine. Preclinical use of the McGrath video-laryngoscope]R R Noppens
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 58:469-73. 2009..Because video-laryngoscopy offers potential advantages compared to established airway management techniques, further studies are required to evaluate the significance of video-laryngoscopy in prehospital emergency medicine...
- [Indirect laryngoscopy : Alternatives to securing the airway]R R Noppens
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 59:149-61. 2010..This article gives an overview of available devices for indirect endotracheal intubation as well as the current literature...
- Airway management in the intensive care unitRüdiger R Noppens
Department of Anesthesiology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Acta Clin Croat 51:511-7. 2012..Monitoring such as capnography and alternative equipment for securing the airway is not just mandatory in the operating room but also in the ICU...
- Effects of a single-dose hypertonic saline hydroxyethyl starch on cerebral blood flow, long-term outcome, neurogenesis, and neuronal survival after cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation in rats*Rüdiger R Noppens
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Crit Care Med 40:2149-56. 2012..Because of the potential benefits of hypertonic solutions, it is hypothesized that hydroxyethyl starch enhances cerebral blood flow and improves long-term outcome after cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation in an animal model...
- Effects of levosimendan on hemodynamics, local cerebral blood flow, neuronal injury, and neuroinflammation after asphyctic cardiac arrest in ratsRobert F Kelm
1Department of Anesthesiology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany 2Department of Neuropathology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany 3Institute of Medical Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Informatics, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Crit Care Med 42:e410-9. 2014..We hypothesized that levosimendan exerts beneficial effects on cerebral blood flow, neuronal injury, neurological outcome, and inflammation 24 hours after experimental cardiac arrest/cardiopulmonary resuscitation...
- Comparison of the McGrath® Series 5 and GlideScope® Ranger with the Macintosh laryngoscope by paramedicsTim Piepho
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Mainz, Germany
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:4. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare glottic view, time of intubation and success rate of the McGrath® Series 5 and GlideScope® Ranger video laryngoscopes with the Macintosh laryngoscope by paramedics...
- Transpulmonary cardiac output measurement in a rat model of cardiac arrest and CPR: impact of vascular accessRobert F Kelm
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Resuscitation 81:248-54. 2010..Secondary the influence of the vascular access site on cardiac output measurements was examined...
- Dose-dependent influence of sevoflurane anesthesia on neuronal survival and cognitive outcome after transient forebrain ischemia in Sprague-Dawley ratsIrina Lasarzik
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Neurocrit Care 15:577-84. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate if 1.8 MAC sevoflurane alters postischemic neuronal survival and neurologic outcome compared with 0.45 MAC sevoflurane...
- Rigid fibrescope Bonfils: use in simulated difficult airway by novicesTim Piepho
University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Department of Anaesthesiology, Mainz, Germany
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:33. 2009..We examined the success rate of intubation and the ease of use in standardized simulated difficult airway scenarios by physicians. We compared the Bonfils to a classical laryngoscope with Macintosh blade...
- Lay basic life support: the current situation in a medium-sized German townTim Piepho
University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Department of Anaesthesiology, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Emerg Med J 28:786-9. 2011..The present study investigates BLS skill knowledge of German laypersons in a public community place and examines the effect of the interval between the last BLS course and present skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)...