Rüdiger R Noppens
Affiliation: University of Mainz
- [Airway management in a patient with immobilized cervical spine. Preclinical use of the McGrath video-laryngoscope]R R Noppens
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Johannes Gutenberg Universitat Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 58:469-73. 2009..Because video-laryngoscopy offers potential advantages compared to established airway management techniques, further studies are required to evaluate the significance of video-laryngoscopy in prehospital emergency medicine...
- [Indirect laryngoscopy : Alternatives to securing the airway]R R Noppens
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Deutschland
Anaesthesist 59:149-61. 2010..This article gives an overview of available devices for indirect endotracheal intubation as well as the current literature...
- Airway management in the intensive care unitRüdiger R Noppens
Department of Anesthesiology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Acta Clin Croat 51:511-7. 2012..Monitoring such as capnography and alternative equipment for securing the airway is not just mandatory in the operating room but also in the ICU...
- Effects of a single-dose hypertonic saline hydroxyethyl starch on cerebral blood flow, long-term outcome, neurogenesis, and neuronal survival after cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation in rats*Rüdiger R Noppens
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Crit Care Med 40:2149-56. 2012..Because of the potential benefits of hypertonic solutions, it is hypothesized that hydroxyethyl starch enhances cerebral blood flow and improves long-term outcome after cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation in an animal model...
- Comparison of the McGrath® Series 5 and GlideScope® Ranger with the Macintosh laryngoscope by paramedicsTim Piepho
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstrasse 1, Mainz, Germany
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 19:4. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare glottic view, time of intubation and success rate of the McGrath® Series 5 and GlideScope® Ranger video laryngoscopes with the Macintosh laryngoscope by paramedics...
- Transpulmonary cardiac output measurement in a rat model of cardiac arrest and CPR: impact of vascular accessRobert F Kelm
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Resuscitation 81:248-54. 2010..Secondary the influence of the vascular access site on cardiac output measurements was examined...
- Dose-dependent influence of sevoflurane anesthesia on neuronal survival and cognitive outcome after transient forebrain ischemia in Sprague-Dawley ratsIrina Lasarzik
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Neurocrit Care 15:577-84. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate if 1.8 MAC sevoflurane alters postischemic neuronal survival and neurologic outcome compared with 0.45 MAC sevoflurane...
- Rigid fibrescope Bonfils: use in simulated difficult airway by novicesTim Piepho
University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Department of Anaesthesiology, Mainz, Germany
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 17:33. 2009..We examined the success rate of intubation and the ease of use in standardized simulated difficult airway scenarios by physicians. We compared the Bonfils to a classical laryngoscope with Macintosh blade...
- Lay basic life support: the current situation in a medium-sized German townTim Piepho
University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University, Department of Anaesthesiology, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Emerg Med J 28:786-9. 2011..The present study investigates BLS skill knowledge of German laypersons in a public community place and examines the effect of the interval between the last BLS course and present skills in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)...