Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- In acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) low BAALC gene expression identifies a patient group with favorable overall survival and improved relapse free survivalFlorian Nolte
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Leuk Res 37:378-82. 2013..70%; p=0.035). In multivariate analyses low BAALC expression retained its prognostic relevance. In conclusion, BAALC expression analysis might be useful in further risk stratification in APL patients...
- Results from a 1-year, open-label, single arm, multi-center trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of oral Deferasirox in patients diagnosed with low and int-1 risk myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) and transfusion-dependent iron overloadF Nolte
III Medizinische Klinik, Hämatologie und Onkologie, Universitatsmedizin Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, Mannheim, Germany
Ann Hematol 92:191-8. 2013..The safety profile of DFX was comparable to previous observations...
- Characteristics of MDS patients seen at private practices differ significantly from those treated at university hospitals in GermanyFlorian Nolte
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:953-7. 2012..Commonly, MDS patients are treated in an outpatient setting making hematological/oncological private practices (PP) an important backbone in the management of MDS patients...
- Molecular mechanisms involved in the progression of myelodysplastic syndromeFlorian Nolte
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Mannheim, Germany
Future Oncol 6:445-55. 2010..Accumulation of such defects may finally cause the leukemic transformation of MDS...
- Clinical management of gastrointestinal disturbances in patients with myelodysplastic syndromes receiving iron chelation treatment with deferasiroxFlorian Nolte
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital, Mannheim, Germany
Leuk Res 35:1131-5. 2011..An expert panel met in Lisbon in July 2010 to develop recommendations on prevention and management of GI disturbances based on existing data and personal experiences...
- High expression of the Ets-related gene (ERG) is an independent prognostic marker for relapse-free survival in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemiaAnna Hecht
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167, Mannheim, Germany
Ann Hematol 92:443-9. 2013..Therefore, ERG expression might serve as a molecular marker for risk stratification in APL and might identify patients who could benefit from intensified treatment regimens...
- SNP array analysis of acute promyelocytic leukemia may be of prognostic relevance and identifies a potential high risk group with recurrent deletions on chromosomal subband 1q31.3Daniel Nowak
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 51:756-67. 2012..9, P=0.0031). This study presents a comprehensive assessment of new CNAs as pathomechanistically relevant targets and possible prognostic factors which could refine risk stratification of APL...
- Genome-wide DNA-mapping of CD34+ cells from patients with myelodysplastic syndrome using 500K SNP arrays identifies significant regions of deletion and uniparental disomyDaniel Nowak
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite University Hospital, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Exp Hematol 37:215-224. 2009..Identification of genomic lesions in progenitor cells of patients with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) could lead to the discovery of new disease-specific genes and may be of prognostic value...
- Epigenetic dysregulation of GATA1 is involved in myelodysplastic syndromes dyserythropoiesisOlaf Hopfer
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Haematol 88:144-53. 2012..Its dysregulation may contribute to the ineffective erythropoiesis observed in MDS...
- Mesenchymal stromal cells of myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia patients have distinct genetic abnormalities compared with leukemic blastsOlga Blau
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Charite University School of Medicine, Hindenburgdamm 30, Berlin, Germany
Blood 118:5583-92. 2011..We also analyzed the main characteristics of patients with MSCs carrying chromosomal aberrations. In view of these data, the genetic alterations in MSCs may constitute a particular mechanism of leukemogenesis...
- Skewed X-inactivation patterns in ageing healthy and myelodysplastic haematopoiesis determined by a pyrosequencing based transcriptional clonality assayMaximilian Mossner
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
J Med Genet 50:108-17. 2013..Recently, transcriptional XCIP ratio analysis challenged these results and questioned the suitability of methylation based clonality assays...
- Myelodysplastic syndromes: molecular pathogenesis and genomic changesFlorian Nolte
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Benjamin Franklin, Charite, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12203, Berlin, Germany
Ann Hematol 87:777-95. 2008..Secondary signal proteins and transcription factors, which gives the cell a growth advantage over its normal counterpart, may be affected as well. The accumulation of such defects may finally cause the leukemic transformation of MDS...