Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Munich
- Alterations in the EGFR pathway coincide in colorectal cancer and impact on prognosisJens Neumann
Department of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Thalkirchner Straße 36, 80337, Munich, Germany
Virchows Arch 463:509-23. 2013..Protein expression of PTEN and EGFR using current protocols yields highly discordant results, and better standardization is needed before these markers can be used for diagnostic purposes. ..
- A simple immunohistochemical algorithm predicts the risk of distant metastases in right-sided colon cancerJens Neumann
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Germany
Histopathology 60:416-26. 2012..The aim of this study was to develop a simple and robust test for risk assessment of distant metastases in CC...
- [Prognostic marker profiles for risk of distant metastases in colorectal cancer]J Neumann
Pathologisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Thalkirchner Str 36, 80337, Munchen, Deutschland
Pathologe 33:39-44. 2012..Hence, an immunohistochemical algorithm can be defined by the combination of three markers (hMLH1, CD133 and β-catenin) which allows CRC with either a very high or a very low risk of distant spread to be identified...
- SOX2 expression correlates with lymph-node metastases and distant spread in right-sided colon cancerJens Neumann
Pathologisches Institut, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:518. 2011....
- Gene expression profiles of lung adenocarcinoma linked to histopathological grading and survival but not to EGF-R status: a microarray studyJens Neumann
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Freiburg, Breisacher Str 115a, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
BMC Cancer 10:77. 2010....
- Frequency and type of KRAS mutations in routine diagnostic analysis of metastatic colorectal cancerJens Neumann
Department of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Thalkirchner Strasse 36, 80337 Munich, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 205:858-62. 2009..Thus, a mutation frequency of 40% and a cluster of three mutation types (p.G12D, pG12V, and p.G13D) in primaries and metastases can be defined as benchmarks for routine KRAS analyses...
- The cancer stem cell marker CD133 has high prognostic impact but unknown functional relevance for the metastasis of human colon cancerDavid Horst
Pathologisches Institut der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München, Thalkirchner Strasse 36, 80337 München, Germany
J Pathol 219:427-34. 2009..Thus, we conclude that CD133 expression is a marker with high prognostic impact for colon cancer, while it seems to have no obvious functional role as a driving force of this malignancy...
- Prognostic value of cetuximab-related skin toxicity in metastatic colorectal cancer patients and its correlation with parameters of the epidermal growth factor receptor signal transduction pathway: results from a randomized trial of the GERMAN AIO CRC StuSebastian Stintzing
Department of Haematology and Oncology, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Klinikum Grosshadern, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 132:236-45. 2013..This effect of Cet-ST is independent of the KRAS mutation status, suggesting that Cet-ST rather relates to constitutional factors of the patient than alterations of the EGFR pathway in the tumour...
- Prognostic role of methylated free circulating DNA in colorectal cancerAlexander B Philipp
Department of Medicine II, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Int J Cancer 131:2308-19. 2012..Prospective validation is required to determine their usefulness in clinical routine along with the established marker CEA...
- KRAS mutation status is not predictive for objective response to anti-EGFR treatment with erlotinib in patients with advanced pancreatic cancerStefan Boeck
Department of Internal Medicine III and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Marchioninistr 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
J Gastroenterol 48:544-8. 2013..It has not yet been defined if KRAS has a prognostic value or is a predictive biomarker for the efficacy of erlotinib in advanced pancreatic cancer (PC)...
- Detection of miR-34a promoter methylation in combination with elevated expression of c-Met and β-catenin predicts distant metastasis of colon cancerHelge Siemens
Experimental and Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Institute of Pathology, and Institute for Medical Information Processing, Biometry and Epidemiology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 19:710-20. 2013..Here, we determined whether epigenetic inactivation of miR-34a and miR-34b/c genes may serve as a prognostic marker for distant metastases in colon cancer...
- Up and downregulation of p16(Ink4a) expression in BRAF-mutated polyps/adenomas indicates a senescence barrier in the serrated route to colon cancerLydia Kriegl
Department of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians Universität LMU, Munich, Germany
Mod Pathol 24:1015-22. 2011..Loss of p16(Ink4a) expression occurs during malignant transformation and is caused mainly by aberrant methylation of the CDKN2A promoter...
- Impact of the specific mutation in KRAS codon 12 mutated tumors on treatment efficacy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer receiving cetuximab-based first-line therapy: a pooled analysis of three trialsDominik P Modest
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Grosshadern, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Oncology 83:241-7. 2012..This study investigated the impact of specific mutations in codon 12 of the Kirsten-ras (KRAS) gene on treatment efficacy in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC)...
- WNT signaling and distant metastasis in colon cancer through transcriptional activity of nuclear β-Catenin depend on active PI3K signalingSteffen Ormanns
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Oncotarget 5:2999-3011. 2014..Thus, the detection of high nuclear β-Catenin expression and simultaneous PI3K pathway activation identifies colon cancer patients with a high risk for distant metastasis. ..
- Antibody validation by combining immunohistochemistry and protein extraction from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissuesClaudia Schuster
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Histopathology 60:E37-50. 2012..To ensure the accuracy of specific antigen detection in immunohistochemistry, we introduce a novel approach for antibody validation...
- Methylation of NEUROG1 in serum is a sensitive marker for the detection of early colorectal cancerAndreas Herbst
Department of Medicine II, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Gastroenterol 106:1110-8. 2011..To identify suitable tumor-derived markers that could detect colorectal cancer in blood samples, we analyzed the methylation status of a panel of genes in sera of affected patients...