Edmund A M Neugebauer
Affiliation: University of Witten/Herdecke
- Treatment of subcutaneous abdominal wound healing impairment after surgery without fascial dehiscence by vacuum assisted closure™ (SAWHI-V.A.C.®-study) versus standard conventional wound therapy: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialDörthe Seidel
IFOM Institute for Research in Operative Medicine, Faculty of Health School of Medicine, University of Witten Herdecke, Ostmerheimer Strasse 200, Building 38, 51109, Cologne, Germany
Trials 14:394. 2013..Further studies were therefore indicated...
- Negative pressure wound therapy versus standard wound care in chronic diabetic foot wounds: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialDörthe Seidel
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine IFOM, Faculty of Health School of Medicine, University of Witten Herdecke, Ostmerheimer Str, 200, Building 38, 51109 Cologne, Germany
Trials 15:334. 2014..The aim of this diabetic foot study (DiaFu study) is to evaluate whether the clinical, safety and economic results of NPWT are superior to the results of standard wound treatment...
- Superimposed traumatic brain injury modulates vasomotor responses in third-order vessels after hemorrhagic shockBo Chen
Department of Pathophysiology, Key Laboratory for Shock and Microcirculation Research, Southern Medical University SMU, Tong He, 510515 Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med 21:77. 2013..This study was designed to assess to what extent superimposed TBI may modulate physiologic vasomotor responses in third-order blood vessels in the context of HS...
- The treatment of patients with severe and multiple traumatic injuriesEdmund A M Neugebauer
Institut für Forschung in der Operativen Medizin, Universitat Witten Herdecke, Germany
Dtsch Arztebl Int 109:102-8. 2012..Its implementation should lower these patients' mortality and improve their quality of life...
- Protocol for a randomized controlled trial on risk adapted damage control orthopedic surgery of femur shaft fractures in multiple trauma patientsDieter Rixen
Department of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery, University of Witten Herdecke at the Hospital Cologne Merheim, Ostmerheimer Str, 200, 51109 Cologne, Germany
Trials 10:72. 2009..Thus, in the era of "evidence-based medicine", there is the need for a more specific, clarifying trial...
- Adaptive coping strategies in patients with chronic pain conditions and their interpretation of diseaseArndt Bussing
Center for Integrative Medicine, University Witten Herdecke Germany, Gerhard Kienle Weg 4, 58313 Herdecke, Germany
BMC Public Health 10:507. 2010....
- EAES recommendations on methodology of innovation management in endoscopic surgeryEdmund A M Neugebauer
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Campus Cologne Merheim, University of Witten Herdecke, Ostmerheimer Str 200, 51109, Cologne, Germany
Surg Endosc 24:1594-615. 2010..The primary focus of this guideline is patient safety, efficacy, and effectiveness...
- A risk-adapted approach is beneficial in the management of bilateral femoral shaft fractures in multiple trauma patients: an analysis based on the trauma registry of the German Trauma SocietyEva Steinhausen
From the Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery E S, D R, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Duisburg Institute for Research in Operative Medicine R L, E A M N, Faculty of Medicine, University of Witten Herdecke and Department of Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery T T, B B, University of Witten Herdecke at the Hospital Cologne Merheim, Germany
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 76:1288-93. 2014..The objective of this study was to validate the risk-adapted approach in the management of multiple trauma patients with bilateral FSF...
- Trauma Associated Severe Hemorrhage (TASH)-Score: probability of mass transfusion as surrogate for life threatening hemorrhage after multiple traumaNedim Yucel
Department of Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery, University of Witten Herdecke, Cologne Merheim Medical Center, Germany
J Trauma 60:1228-36; discussion 1236-7. 2006..To develop a simple scoring system that allows an early and reliable estimation for the probability of mass transfusion (MT) as a surrogate for life threatening hemorrhage following multiple trauma...
- Plasma levels of procalcitonin and neopterin in multiple trauma patients with or without brain injuryStefan Sauerland
Biochemical and Experimental Division, Second Department of Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Neurotrauma 20:953-60. 2003..TBI induces a release of PCT and NT into the plasma, but this effect seems to be smaller for intra- than for extracranial injuries, probably due to more extensive surgery for abdominal and extremity injuries...
- Early short-term inpatient psychotherapeutic treatment versus continued outpatient psychotherapy on psychosocial outcome: a randomized controlled trial in trauma patientsTanja Tecic
Faculty of Medicine, Institute for Research in Operative Medicine, Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Cologne Merheim Medical Center, University of Witten Herdecke, Witten, Germany
J Trauma 70:433-41. 2011..However, this effect mostly disappears after discharge. The aim of this study was to compare short-term inpatient versus continued long-term outpatient psychotherapeutic support...
- Head injury and outcome--what influence do concomitant injuries have?Rolf Lefering
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine IFOM, University of Witten Herdecke, Cologne, Germany
J Trauma 65:1036-43; discussion 1043-4. 2008..The Trauma Registry of the German Society for Trauma Surgery offers sufficient data for comparative outcome analysis in relation to the injury pattern...
- Evaluation of criteria for temporary external fixation in risk-adapted damage control orthopedic surgery of femur shaft fractures in multiple trauma patients: "evidence-based medicine" versus "reality" in the trauma registry of the German Trauma SocietyDieter Rixen
Department of Trauma Orthopedic Surgery, University of Witten Herdecke at the Hospital Merheim, Cologne, Germany
J Trauma 59:1375-94; discussion 1394-5. 2005..This study compares the concepts by analyzing literature evidence and a prospective multicenter database...
- Quality of life after multiple trauma: the effect of early onset psychotherapy on quality of life in trauma patientsNicola Pirente
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine IFOM, Faculty of Medicine, University of Witten Herdecke, Ostmerheimer Str 200, 51109 Cologne, Germany
Langenbecks Arch Surg 392:739-45. 2007....
- The reliability of clinical examination in detecting pelvic fractures in blunt trauma patients: a meta-analysisStefan Sauerland
2nd Department of Surgery, University of Cologne, Ostmerheimer Str 200, 51109, Cologne, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 124:123-8. 2004..Therefore, we assessed how sensitive and specific the clinical examination is in detecting fractures of the pelvis...
- The clinical value of procalcitonin and neopterin in predicting sepsis and organ failure after major traumaThorsten Hensler
Biochemical and Experimental Division and dagger Trauma Surgery Division, 2nd Department of Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Shock 20:420-6. 2003..77; P < 0.001). These findings demonstrate that high plasma concentrations of PCT in the early posttraumatic phase are an independent predictor of MOF but not of sepsis...
- Are spirituality and religiosity resources for patients with chronic pain conditions?Arndt Bussing
University Witten Herdecke, Herdecke, Germany
Pain Med 10:327-39. 2009....
- Pharyngeal selective brain cooling improves neurofunctional and neurocognitive outcome after fluid percussion brain injury in ratsHinnerk Doll
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine IFOM, University of Witten Herdecke, Cologne, Germany
J Neurotrauma 26:235-42. 2009..01), as well as latency, distance, and mean number of errors in the BCM on DPI 14 (p < 0.01). The novel approach of pSBC was associated with improved neuromotor, sensormotor, and neurocognitive outcome after experimental TBI...
- Psychosocial predictors and correlates for chronic post-surgical pain (CPSP) - a systematic reviewAnke Hinrichs-Rocker
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chair for Surgical Research, University of Witten Herdecke, Ostmerheimer Strasse 200, 51109 Cologne, Germany
Eur J Pain 13:719-30. 2009..In addition, results were examined in light of the type of surgery undergone. This review is intended as a first step to develop an instrument for identifying patients at high risk for CPSP, to optimize clinical pain management...
- New multifactorial burn resuscitation formula offers superior predictive reliability in comparison to established algorithmsMarkus Benicke
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery with Burn Unit, City Hospital Cologne Merheim, Ostmerheimer Strasse 200, Cologne, Germany
Burns 35:30-5. 2009..In our experience resuscitation by the Parkland formula often forced corrections in order to reach predefined resuscitation goals...
- Systematic review finds overlapping reviews were not mentioned in every other overviewDawid Pieper
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine IFOM, Witten Herdecke University, Ostmerheimer Str 200, Building 38, D 51109, Cologne, Germany Electronic address
J Clin Epidemiol 67:368-75. 2014..In addition, we aimed to calculate the actual overlap in published overviews using newly introduced, validated measures...
- Reported effects in randomized controlled trials were compared with those of nonrandomized trials in cholecystectomyDirk Mueller
Institute for Research in Operative Medicine, University Witten Herdecke, Cologne, Germany
J Clin Epidemiol 63:1082-90. 2010..RCTs and nRCTs were compared using the example of laparoscopic vs. open cholecystectomy (LC vs. OC)...
- Association between injury pattern of patients with multiple injuries and circulating levels of soluble tumor necrosis factor receptors, interleukin-6 and interleukin-10, and polymorphonuclear neutrophil elastaseThorsten Hensler
Biochemical and Experimental Division, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Trauma 52:962-70. 2002....