Affiliation: University of Freiburg
- Complete deletion of the neurotrophin receptor p75NTR leads to long-lasting increases in the number of basal forebrain cholinergic neuronsThomas Naumann
Institute of Anatomy, University of Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosci 22:2409-18. 2002....
- Altered neuronal responses and regulation of neurotrophic proteins in the medial septum following fimbria-fornix transection in CNTF- and leukaemia inhibitory factor-deficient miceThomas Naumann
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Center of Neuroscience, Albertstrasse 21, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 24:2223-32. 2006....
- Activation of STAT3 signaling in axotomized neurons and reactive astrocytes after fimbria-fornix transectionKlaus Oliver Schubert
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology I, University of Freiburg, P O Box 111, 79001, Freiburg, Germany
Exp Brain Res 165:520-31. 2005....
- Maturation and maintenance of cholinergic medial septum neurons require glucocorticoid receptor signalingChristian Guijarro
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Neurochem 97:747-58. 2006..This pinpoints to plasticity of the septo-hippocampal system, that seems to compensate for the septal cell loss by sprouting of the remaining neurons...
- Endogenous ciliary neurotrophic factor protects GABAergic, but not cholinergic, septohippocampal neurons following fimbria-fornix transectionThomas Naumann
Institute of Anatomy, University of Freiburg, Germany
Brain Pathol 13:309-21. 2003..In the septum, endogenous CNTF specifically supports lesioned GABAergic projection neurons, whereas LIF may play a similar role for the cholinergic counterparts...
- Hippocampal synapses depend on hippocampal estrogen synthesisOliver Kretz
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, , D-79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosci 24:5913-21. 2004..However, synaptophysin expression was upregulated under these conditions. Our results point to an essential role of endogenous hippocampal estrogen synthesis in the maintenance of hippocampal spine synapses...