Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Low expression of aldehyde dehydrogenase 1A1 (ALDH1A1) is a prognostic marker for poor survival in pancreatic cancerChristoph Kahlert
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:275. 2011..Recently, ALDH1A1 has been described as a prognostic marker in a pancreatic cancer tissue microarray. The aim of this study was to reevaluate the expression of ALDH1A1 as a prognostic marker on whole-mount tissue sections...
- Heparanase expression in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas is associated with reduced proliferation and improved survivalCarolin Mogler
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Histopathology 58:944-52. 2011..The present analysis, has studied the role of heparanase in tumour growth and clinical outcome in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- A primary malignant ependymoma of the abdominal cavity: a case report and review of the literatureCarolin Mogler
Department of General Pathology, University Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Virchows Arch 454:475-8. 2009..In conclusion, primary extraneural ependymomas have to be included into the differential diagnosis of abdominal tumors with pseudorosette-formation, even in unusual sites, and GFAP-immunohistochemistry (IHC) supports the diagnosis...
- Expression analysis of aldehyde dehydrogenase 1A1 (ALDH1A1) in colon and rectal cancer in association with prognosis and response to chemotherapyChristoph Kahlert
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 19:4193-201. 2012..We have investigated the prognostic role of ALDH1A1 in primary colorectal cancer and its value in predicting response to chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Heparanase expression at the invasion front of human head and neck cancers and correlation with poor prognosisPhilipp Beckhove
Tumor Immunology Program, German Cancer Research Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:2899-906. 2005..We analyzed the presence of heparanase in HNSCC tissues and tumor cells and its potential prognostic significance...
- Overexpression of ZEB2 at the invasion front of colorectal cancer is an independent prognostic marker and regulates tumor invasion in vitroChristoph Kahlert
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, and German Cancer Research Center, Division of Biostatistics, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 17:7654-63. 2011..The aim of this study was to explore the expression of EMT-associated genes at the invasive front in colorectal cancer and to evaluate their prognostic significance...
- Association of stem cell-related markers and survival in astrocytic gliomasFeng Wan
Division of Neurosurgical Research, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Biomarkers 16:136-43. 2011..Our findings suggest that immature glioma cells are involved in tumour growth and tumour progression and significantly impact on patient prognosis...
- Elevated expression of c-kit in small venous malformations of blue rubber bleb nevus syndromeCarolin Mogler
Institute of Pathology, Heidelberg, Germany
Rare Tumors 2:e36. 2010..We therefore conclude that pharmacological inhibition of the c-kit signaling pathway in cavernous hemangiomas by selective kinase inhibitors may offer options in the treatment of BRBNS patients...
- Annexin A2 as a differential diagnostic marker of hepatocellular tumorsThomas Longerich
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 207:8-14. 2011..In conclusion, we suggest that adding ANXA2 to the established diagnostic marker panel increases the reliability and objectivity of HCC diagnosis in liver biopsies...
- Outcome and development of symptoms after orthotopic liver transplantation for Wilson diseaseKarl Heinz Weiss
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Transplant 27:914-22. 2013..Liver transplantation is an effective treatment for fulminant cases for patients with chronic liver disease. Reports on the outcome of neuropsychiatric symptoms after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT) are limited...