Affiliation: University of Heidelberg
- Hyperferritinaemia-cataract syndrome: worldwide mutations and phenotype of an increasingly diagnosed genetic disorderGunda Millonig
Center for Alcohol Research and Salem Medical Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Hum Genomics 4:250-62. 2010..Patients diagnosed with HHCS should be counselled regarding the relative harmlessness of this genetic disease, with early cataract surgery as the only clinical consequence...
- Sustained submicromolar H2O2 levels induce hepcidin via signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3)Gunda Millonig
Center for Alcohol Research, University of Heidelberg and Salem Medical Center, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:37472-82. 2012..Our results suggest a novel mechanism of hepcidin regulation by nanomolar levels of sustained H(2)O(2). Thus, similar to cytokines, H(2)O(2) provides an important regulatory link between inflammation and iron metabolism...
- Investigation of tumor hypoxia using a two-enzyme system for in vitro generation of oxygen deficiencyVasileios Askoxylakis
Department of Radiooncology and Radiation Therapy, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Radiat Oncol 6:35. 2011....
- [Hereditary hyperferritinemia cataract syndrome--the first family in Germany]G Millonig
Alkoholforschungszentrum Universität Heidelberg und Medizinische Klinik, KH Salem, Heidelberg, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 47:1211. 2009..Thus, in gastroenterological practice, HHCS should be added as a differential diagnosis of hyperferritinemia in Germany. Importantly, patients with HHCS can be spared from invasive diagnostics such as liver biopsy...
- Non-invasive diagnosis of liver diseases by breath analysis using an optimized ion-molecule reaction-mass spectrometry approach: a pilot studyGunda Millonig
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Innsbruck, Austria
Biomarkers 15:297-306. 2010..88 and 0.97. IMR-MS followed by sophisticated statistical analysis is a promising tool for liver diagnostics by breath analysis...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor in a patient with undiagnosed neurofibromatosis type I: an uncommon cause of extrahepatic cholestasisG Millonig
Department of Internal Medicine, Salem Medical Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 48:479-81. 2010..Tumor resection failed because of cardiac decompensation due to a Takotsubo cardiomyopathy during induction of anesthesia. The patient has been started on imatinib instead and shows so far a stable disease over 6 months...
- The GOX/CAT system: a novel enzymatic method to independently control hydrogen peroxide and hypoxia in cell cultureS Mueller
Department of Medicine and Center for Alcohol Research, Liver Disease and Nutrition, Salem Medical Center, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Adv Med Sci 54:121-35. 2009..Several applications are discussed in detail to demonstrate the technical requirements and potentials. In addition, simplified protocols are presented for cell or molecular biology labs without dedicated biophysical equipment...