Affiliation: University of Bremen
- Ethnic differences in perceptions of body satisfaction and body appearance among U.S. schoolchildren: a cross-sectional studyRafael T Mikolajczyk
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Bremen Institute for Prevention Research and Social Medicine, Bremen, Germany
BMC Public Health 12:425. 2012..The purpose of this study was to examine how gender, and ethnic differences in body satisfaction, perceived body appearance and weight status change by age in a representative sample of U.S. adolescents 11-17 years old...
- Comorbidities in ADHD children treated with methylphenidate: a database studyAngela A Kraut
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology BIPS, Bremen, Germany
BMC Psychiatry 13:11. 2013..We assessed MPH treatment prevalence and incidence and the frequency of comorbid conditions related to these contraindications in new MPH users compared to a control group without ADHD and ADHD medication...
- Changes in incidence of anogenital warts diagnoses after the introduction of human papillomavirus vaccination in Germany-an ecologic studyRafael T Mikolajczyk
BIPS Institute for Epidemiology and Prevention Research, Bremen, Germany
Sex Transm Dis 40:28-31. 2013..0001). The decrease started between the first and second quarter of 2007 (human papillomavirus vaccination was introduced in March 2007)...
- "Blind periods" in screening for toxoplasmosis in pregnancy in Austria - a debateUlrich Sagel
Department of Public Health Medicine, School of Public Health, University of Bielefeld, Bielefeld D 33501, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 12:118. 2012..Screening schedule should allow distinguishing infections from the first, second and third trimester of pregnancy, as the risk of materno-foetal transmission and outcomes in case of foetal infections varies by time...
- Relationships between food consumption and living arrangements among university students in four European countries - a cross-sectional studyWalid El Ansari
Faculty of Sport, Health and Social Care, University of Gloucestershire, Gloucester, United Kingdom
Nutr J 11:28. 2012..Food consumption may change especially if students are living away from home. We aimed to assess food consumption patterns among university students from four European countries and how they differ by their living arrangements...
- Selected sociodemographic factors and related differences in patterns of alcohol use among university students in SlovakiaRene Sebena
Department of Psychology, Faculty of Arts, PJ Safarik University in Kosice, Kosice, Slovak Republic
BMC Public Health 11:849. 2011..The aim of our study was to assess the association of selected sociodemographic factors with different patterns of alcohol use among university students in Slovakia...
- Incidence of maternal Toxoplasma infections in pregnancy in Upper Austria, 2000-2007Ulrich Sagel
Department of Public Health Medicine, School of Public Health, University of Bielefeld, PO Box 10 01 31, D 33501 Bielefeld, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 11:348. 2011..We studied the incidence of primary maternal infections during pregnancy in the Federal State of Upper Austria...
- Incidence of anogenital warts in Germany: a population-based cohort studyAngela A Kraut
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Bremen Institute for Prevention Research and Social Medicine BIPS, Achterstrasse 30, 28359 Bremen, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 10:360. 2010..Additionally, the medical practitioner (gynaecologist, dermatologist, urologist etc.) who made the initial diagnosis of AGW was assessed...
- Regional and temporal variations in coding of hospital diagnoses referring to upper gastrointestinal and oesophageal bleeding in GermanyIngo Langner
Bremen Institute for Prevention Research and Social Medicine, Bremen University, Germany
BMC Health Serv Res 11:193. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate regional and temporal variations in coding of hospitalisation diagnoses in Germany...
- Nurses' involvement in international research collaborationsWalid El Ansari
Faculty of Sport, Health and Social Care, University of Gloucestershire, Gloucester, UK
Nurs Stand 21:35-40. 2007..Consortia need to find a balance between a consistent organisational structure and communication styles, and respecting the differences between members of the consortium...
- Intimate partner violence and its association with women's reproductive health in PakistanRubeena Zakar
Department of Public Health Medicine, School of Public Health, Bielefeld University, Bielefeld, Germany
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 117:10-4. 2012..To determine the prevalence of intimate partner violence in Pakistan and its association with reproductive health outcomes...