Affiliation: University Hospital
- [Urotechnology : A new interdisciplinary platform for promoting and managing of technical innovations in urology]A Miernik
Department Chirurgie, Klinik für Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Hugstetterstraße 55, 79106, Freiburg, Deutschland
Urologe A 54:82-5. 2015..Medical technology of the future, including urotechnology, requires professional structures and coordination and will have to be based on evidence...
- Combined semirigid and flexible ureterorenoscopy via a large ureteral access sheath for kidney stones >2 cm: a bicentric prospective assessmentArkadiusz Miernik
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre, Hugstetterstr 55, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
World J Urol 32:697-702. 2014..We hereby describe a new technique including the combined use of semirigid and flexible ureteroscopy via a large ureteral access sheath (UAS)...
- Automated analysis of urinary stone composition using Raman spectroscopy: pilot study for the development of a compact portable system for immediate postoperative ex vivo applicationArkadiusz Miernik
Department of Urology, University Medical Centre Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany Fraunhofer Institute for Physical Measurement Techniques, Freiburg, Germany Electronic address
J Urol 190:1895-900. 2013..However, these methods may require complex sample preparation and costly laboratory equipment. In contrast, Raman spectrometers could be a simple and quick strategy for immediate stone analysis...
- [Freiburg index of patient satisfaction: interdisciplinary validation of a new psychometric questionnaire to describe treatment-related patient satisfaction]A Miernik
Chirurgische Universitatsklinik, Abteilung Urologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Hugstetterstr 55, 79106 Freiburg, Deutschland
Chirurg 84:511-8. 2013..The questionnaire had first been tested psychometrically in a mixed population of urology patients. The current study describes the results of an interdisciplinary validation. In addition, an English version is presented...
- Standardized flexible ureteroscopic technique to improve stone-free ratesArkadiusz Miernik
Department of Urology, University Medical Center, Freiburg, Germany
Urology 80:1198-202. 2012..To present a unique completely standardized sequence of steps performed before, during, and after flexible ureteroscopy (FURS) that achieves superior results for FURS treatment of renal calculi...
- Pre-bent instruments used in single-port laparoscopic surgery versus conventional laparoscopic surgery: comparative study of performance in a dry labArkadiusz Miernik
Department of Urology, University Medical Center, Hugstetterstrasse 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Surg Endosc 26:1924-30. 2012..This study involving novices in a dry lab compared task performances between conventional laparoscopic surgery (CLS) and single-port laparoscopic surgery (SPLS) using newly designed pre-bent instruments...
- [Modern urinary stone therapy: is the era of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy at an end?]A Miernik
Abteilung Urologie, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik, Universitatsklinikum Freiburg, Hugstetterstraße 55, 79106 Freiburg, Deutschland
Urologe A 51:372-8. 2012..Since then these minimally invasive treatment modalities have continuously been developed further...
- Complete removal of the foreskin--why?A Miernik
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Urol Int 86:383-7. 2011..Review of the literature also attests to higher complication rates after partial circumcision. From a medical point of view, complete circumcision is preferable...
- [The Freiburg Index of Patient Satisfaction: introduction and validation of a new questionnaire]M Schoenthaler
Abt Urologie, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 137:419-24. 2012..Because there was no generally applicable questionnaire addressing patient satisfaction after interventional or surgical procedures, the Freiburg Index of Patient Satisfaction was developed and psychometrically evaluated...