Affiliation: University of Mainz
- Oral supplementation with whey proteins increases plasma glutathione levels of HIV-infected patientsP Micke
Pulmonary Division, III Medical Department, Mainz University Hospital, D 455101 Mainz, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 31:171-8. 2001..A long-term clinical trial is clearly warranted to see if this "biochemical efficacy" of whey proteins translates into a more favourable course of the disease...
- Characterization of c-kit expression in small cell lung cancer: prognostic and therapeutic implicationsPatrick Micke
III Medical Department, Pulmonary Division, University Hospital, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 9:188-94. 2003..To further evaluate the frequency and pathogenic relevance of c-kit expression, tumor tissue together with the corresponding clinical data of SCLC patients was analyzed...
- Staging small cell lung cancer: Veterans Administration Lung Study Group versus International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer--what limits limited disease?Patrick Micke
III Medical Department, Pulmonary Division, Mainz University Hospital, D 55101 Mainz, Germany
Lung Cancer 37:271-6. 2002..In conclusion, the IASLC staging criteria for SCLC patients have a higher prognostic impact and are therefore preferable in clinical practice and future therapeutic trials...
- c-erbB-2 expression in small-cell lung cancer is associated with poor prognosisP Micke
III Medical Department, Pulmonary Division, Mainz University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
Int J Cancer 92:474-9. 2001..Since c-erbB-2 is a therapeutical target in other types of cancer, further studies to identify the role of c-erbB-2 in SCLC are clearly warranted...
- Effects of long-term supplementation with whey proteins on plasma glutathione levels of HIV-infected patientsP Micke
Pulmonary Division III, Medical Department, Mainz University Hospital, Germany
Eur J Nutr 41:12-8. 2002..The semi-essential amino acid cysteine is the main source of the free sulfhydryl group of GSH and limits its synthesis. Whey proteins are rich in cysteine as well as in GSH precursor peptides...
- Glutathione deficiency of the lower respiratory tract in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisK M Beeh
Pulmonary Dept, University Hospital Mainz, Germany
Eur Respir J 19:1119-23. 2002....
- [Correlation of plasma glutathione and total IgE level: evidence for a regulatory role of antipxodants in vivo]K M Beeh
Schwerpunkt Pneumologie, III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinik Mainz
Pneumologie 54:569-71. 2000..However, in vivo data consistent with these findings have not been reported...
- Cigarette smoking, but not sensitization to Alternaria, is associated with severe asthma in urban patientsK M Beeh
Pulmonary Department, University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
J Asthma 38:41-9. 2001..Cigarette smoking is an independent risk factor associated with severe asthma in urban patients, whereas sensitization to Alternaria is of less importance in these patients...
- Sputum levels of metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1, and their ratio correlate with airway obstruction in lung transplant recipients: relation to tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-10K M Beeh
Pulmonary Department, Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 20:1144-51. 2001..Matrix-metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their inhibitors, the tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs), are involved in the turnover of extracellular matrix...
- SeroGRID: an improved method for the rapid selection of antigens with disease related immunogenicityPatricia Krause
III. Department of Internal Medicine, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Obere Zahlbacherstr. 63, D-55131 Mainz, Germany
J Immunol Methods 283:261-7. 2003..Here, we show that seroreactivity of multiple SEREX-derived antigens can be simultaneously evaluated using a rapid and versatile high throughput procedure, which we call SeroGRID...
- Tumour-stroma interaction: cancer-associated fibroblasts as novel targets in anti-cancer therapy?Patrick Micke
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Uppsala, Sweden
Lung Cancer 45:S163-75. 2004..Finally, a laser-capture- and microarray-based approach is presented, which comprehensively characterises carcinoma-associated fibroblasts in their in vivo environment for the identification of potential targets for anti-cancer therapy...
- c-kit expression in adenocarcinomas of the lungPatrick Micke
Institute of Legal Medicine and Rudolf Boehm Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Leipzig, Germany
Tumour Biol 25:235-42. 2004..The results of this study support clinical trials targeting the c-kit receptor with specific c-kit inhibitors (e.g. imatinib)...
- An open-label, prospective phase I/II study evaluating the immunogenicity and safety of a ras peptide vaccine plus GM-CSF in patients with non-small cell lung cancerRalf G Meyer
III Medical Department, Mainz University Hospital, Langenbeckstrasse 1, 55101 Mainz, Germany
Lung Cancer 58:88-94. 2007..Vaccination with mutated ras peptides is feasible and well tolerated. One patient revealed a positive DTH test. An ex vivo detectable T cell response was not induced in any of the patients...