Affiliation: University of Cologne
- [De novo left ventricular thrombus during tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy]G Michels
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Uniklinik Köln, Koln
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 137:2423-6. 2012..Coronary artery disease was ruled out by coronary angiography. Based on these findings stress-related cardiomyopathy (Tako-tsubo syndrome) was diagnosed...
- Thymoma--an important differential diagnosis of mediastinal tumoursG Michels
Department III of Internal Medicine, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Acta Clin Belg 67:304-5. 2012..After the surgical intervention the patient was completely asymptomatic. In conclusion, because thymomas are prone to ectopic occurrence, they should be considered in the differential diagnosis of mediastinal tumors...
- Usefulness of imprint and brushing cytology in diagnosis of lung diseases with flexible bronchoscopyGuido Michels
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
J Clin Pathol 65:649-53. 2012..However, the individual diagnostic discrimination of the three methods is unclear...
- [Ranolazine--an additional anti-anginal drug]G Michels
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Koln
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 135:2037-40. 2010..Moreover, ranolazine holds potential promise to be effective in treatment of atrial fibrillation and diastolic heart failure...
- [Mitochondrial calcium channels - a new pharmacological target?]G Michels
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 136:593-6. 2011..The mechanism of calcium regulation by mitochondria is still not fully resolved. This review is focused on the function, regulation, and possible therapeutic potential of cardiac mitochondrial Ca(2+) channels...
- [Phosphodiesterase-4 inhibitors: a new target in treatment of COPD]G Michels
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 136:2267-70. 2011..By selective inhibition of phosphodiesterase-4 roflumilast targets inflammatory processes in COPD, with beneficial effects on smoking-induced bronchial inflammation, fibrotic remodeling, mucociliary malfunction and oxidative stress...
- CT coronary angiography: coronary CT-flow quantification supplements morphological stenosis analysisH Bovenschulte
Institute and Policlinic of Radiological Diagnostics, University of Cologne, 50924 Cologne, Germany
Eur J Radiol 82:608-16. 2013....
- [Contrast-enhanced ultrasound]N Jaspers
Klinik für Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie am Abdominal zentrum, Uniklinik Köln, Germany
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 137:2336-9. 2012..Contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) is increasingly accepted in the clinical use for diagnostic imaging. The new guidelines and recommendations provide general advice for the use and procedure of CEUS...
- [Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation as bridge to recovery in infarction-related refractory right heart failure]G Michels
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Herzzentrum der Uniklinik Köln, Koln
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 138:2246-9. 2013..We present a 41-year-old man with cardiac arrest in need of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) with the diagnosis of a posterior wall infarction, who was hospitalized in our cardiac centre...
- [Therapy with glitazones--a risk for cardiovascular disease?]D Rottlaender
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitätsklinikum Köln, Koln
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:2629-32. 2007..Therefore clinicians have been left uncertain as to whether rosiglitazone should still be considered for the treatment of type-2-diabetes...