Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Trier
- Rare variants of the gene encoding the potassium chloride co-transporter 3 are associated with bipolar disorderJobst Meyer
Clinical and Molecular Psychobiology, Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 8:495-504. 2005..Our data strongly suggest that rare variants of SLC12A6 may represent risk factors for bipolar disorder...
- Association of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor val66met polymorphism with magnetic resonance spectroscopic markers in the human hippocampus: in vivo evidence for effects on the glutamate systemOliver Gruber
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Georg August University Gottingen, Von Siebold Strasse 5, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 262:23-31. 2012..BDNF genotype had a numerical, but nonsignificant effect on verbal memory performance. These findings provide first in vivo evidence for an effect of the functional BDNF val66met polymorphism on the glutamate system in human hippocampus...
- Mutational analysis of the connexin 36 gene (CX36) and exclusion of the coding sequence as a candidate region for catatonic schizophrenia in a large pedigreeJobst Meyer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Fuechsleinstr 15, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Schizophr Res 58:87-91. 2002..No variant exclusively cosegregates with the disease in a large pedigree that mainly supports the chromosome 15q14 locus, providing evidence that CX36 is not causative for the pathogenesis of catatonic schizophrenia in this family...
- Functional analysis of a potassium-chloride co-transporter 3 (SLC12A6) promoter polymorphism leading to an additional DNA methylation siteDirk Moser
Department of Neurobehavioral Genetics, Institute of Psychobiology, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:458-67. 2009..Here we demonstrate functionality of an SNP associated with psychiatric disease and our results may represent a functional link between genetic variation and an epigenetic modification...
- The glucocorticoid receptor gene exon 1-F promoter is not methylated at the NGFI-A binding site in human hippocampusDirk Moser
Department of Neuro Behavioral Genetics, University of Trier, Trier, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 8:262-8. 2007..These observations might reflect different promoter methylation patterns in humans and rats...
- The brain-specific protein MLC1 implicated in megalencephalic leukoencephalopathy with subcortical cysts is expressed in glial cells in the murine brainAngelika Schmitt
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Section of Molecular Psychobiology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Glia 44:283-95. 2003..Detailed information on Mlc1 expression in brain is likely to lead to a better understanding of Mlc1 involvement in the pathogenesis of both MLC and catatonic schizophrenia...
- Molecular genetics of adult ADHD: converging evidence from genome-wide association and extended pedigree linkage studiesKlaus Peter Lesch
ADHD Clinical Research Program, Molecular and Clinical Psychobiology, Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, University of Wuerzburg, Fuechsleinstr 15, 97080, Wuerzburg, Germany
J Neural Transm 115:1573-85. 2008..g., CDH13, ASTN2) and regulators of synaptic plasticity (e.g., CTNNA2, KALRN) despite the complex multifactorial etiologies of adult ADHD and addiction vulnerability...
- Dopamine transporter genotype influences N-acetyl-aspartate in the left putamenHarald Scherk
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Georg August University Goettingen, Goettingen, Germany
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:524-30. 2009....
- Structural and functional characterization of the human PAX7 5'-flanking regulatory regionYana V Syagailo
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Wurzburg, Fuchsleinstrasse 15, 97080, Wurzburg, Germany
Gene 294:259-68. 2002....
- MLC1 polymorphisms are specifically associated with periodic catatonia, a subgroup of chronic schizophreniaSandra Selch
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Molecular and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Biol Psychiatry 61:1211-4. 2007....
- Glucocorticoid sensitivity in fibromyalgia patients: decreased expression of corticosteroid receptors and glucocorticoid-induced leucine zipperJoana A Macedo
Institute of Immunology, Laboratoire National de Santé, 20A rue Auguste Lumière, L 1011, Luxembourg
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:799-809. 2008....
- Norepinephrine transporter (NET) promoter and 5'-UTR polymorphisms: association analysis in panic disorderYoo J Lee
Department of Psychiatry, University of Munster, Albert Schweitzer Str 11, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Neurosci Lett 377:40-3. 2005..05; T/C (rs2242446): p < 0.01). While our data do not support a major function of the NET gene in the development of panic disorder, it may play a role in the subgroup of panic disorder without agoraphobia...